Hellion twins and stalling

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm on the 42 pills, granted i haven't been driving the car much, but no smoking so far.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Guys, John Urist called me today to discuss this. Wants me to try a couple of tune tweaks and blow off valves adjustments before doing anything to the O2 locations.

I hope to be able to do this over the weekend and let you know what I come up with.

Trying this to help all the Hellions owners, but it may be a combination of things from what we discussed.

More to follow.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Oh. And I am running the 42 pills and have zero issues with smoke.

But I am running Turbonetics turbos.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I have to call Hellion to see what size I have because the ones that came with the kit didnt fit. Im seeing white smoke like overbored but mines does it at idle too. Also smells oily a bit.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
Guys, John Urist called me today to discuss this. Wants me to try a couple of tune tweaks and blow off valves adjustments before doing anything to the O2 locations.

I hope to be able to do this over the weekend and let you know what I come up with.

Trying this to help all the Hellions owners, but it may be a combination of things from what we discussed.

More to follow.

I worked with John for about 7 years, He will do ANYTHING to help his customers out. Your in good hands bud, just hang in there!

D.T.R

Established Member

More to follow.

Hellion offers Turbonetic turbos as well? What size turbonetics do you run and why the changE?

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I have to call Hellion to see what size I have because the ones that came with the kit didnt fit. Im seeing white smoke like overbored but mines does it at idle too. Also smells oily a bit.

Mine does it at idle also. Pretty good too. I was just saying that's how I can kinda tell that it's not just condensation from normal engine operation is because it will continue to smoke even after I shut it off for a good 15 seconds.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
The whole crew over at hellion are a great bunch of people who would jump through hoops of fire to help you out. I like em. Just the kind of people to spend thousands of dollars on....

BUCKET

Established Member
The whole crew over at hellion are a great bunch of people who would jump through hoops of fire to help you out. I like em. Just the kind of people to spend thousands of dollars on....

Agreed. Urist has answered questions for me just on boost controllers.
I enjoy talking to him and Jeff.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Just wanted to update this thread. Still working with John.

I have the car running great! No stalling issues or drop in RPM!

I will share the information when John wants me to, but I can tell you it does not need the O2 sensor placement changed.

I have confirmed this on my car and another as well. Same results.

I will update this as I know more.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Oh. And I am running the 42 pills and have zero issues with smoke.

But I am running Turbonetics turbos.

Journal or ball bearing. If your running BB turbo you can go down to a .035 but if you run journal .065 is the lowest you should go. I don't want to see journal guys putting .042 in and ruining there turbos.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Just wanted to update this thread. Still working with John.

I have the car running great! No stalling issues or drop in RPM!

I will share the information when John wants me to, but I can tell you it does not need the O2 sensor placement changed.

I have confirmed this on my car and another as well. Same results.

I will update this as I know more.

What is this tom-foolery? Serious though interested in all of it. Thanks for laying the ground work!

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Journal or ball bearing. If your running BB turbo you can go down to a .035 but if you run journal .065 is the lowest you should go. I don't want to see journal guys putting .042 in and ruining there turbos.

Not saying it's right but I've been in the 42s for about 5 months now. JB precision; are you saying I should change mine? I have the 35s sitting here waiting to be flow tested.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I am another one of the test mules on the new fix. I did only half of the suggested fixes and I cannot get my car to stall, no matter how hard I try. As 04sleeper stated... I will withhold info until John or 04sleeper want to spill the beans. Hint.... It's a 10 minute fix!!! Once again, thanks for Hellion never stopping on making this kit perfect.

Last edited:

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I am another one of the test mules on the new fix. I did only half of the suggested fixes and I cannot get my car to stall, no matter how hard I try. As 04sleeper stated... I will withhold info until John or 04sleeper want to spill the beans. Hint.... It's a 10 minute fix!!! Once again, thanks for Hellion never stopping on making this kit perfect.

You two are terrible....:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread