Got yelled at lol

Too40gawlf

Banned
Obviously from someone whose only piloted a desk and/or never left the wire. What you guys call maintaining small standards people like me that spent multiple tours getting shot at call ****ing with subordinates unnecessarily. I didn't shave everyday in Afghanistan or Iraq and wouldn't you know we got a presidential unit citation. Not changing my cammies after spilling mustard on them didn't affect my ability to patrol.

Pretty bad when someone who only made it to an E-5 sets the highest rank you can get in the AF straight. At least that's what your avatar portrays. I was glad to get away from the SNCO's because we didn't need them other than the 3 B's and they usually just wanted to play games.

Katy,

You talking to a bunch of pogue SNCOs from the USAF and Navy on here is like trying to explain the basics of an internal combustion engine to an average woman.

I can instantly tell you where an 03 or at least spent time out with 03 units and you fall into the 15% of the military that understands what it means to be in a rifle squad in combat.

Some of the guys on here sound like the typical PT failures and lifer SNCOs that have carved out an existence for themselves by chasing after E-3's to yell at them for wearing PT gear to the PX. The reason these type of lifers hated the time after OIF was that there was an abundance of salty Corporals and junior Marines with combat deployments that would tell them to go **** themselves when they tried to 'lifer' them for improper haircut.

The reason they love the Clinton era was that junior Marines or Joes werent walking around with combat experience and were slavishly beholden to the below of "Hey DEVILDOG, why are you outside without your cover!?!". Whereas after OIF, they didnt dare bitch at some Cpl. who 30 days prior was in an Iraqi shithole, kicking down doors and shooting bad guys in the face.

And for the poster who asked who I would rather have on patrol: the truth is the garrison Nazi usually turns out to be the biggest bitch when the rounds are real. I'd rather have a motivated killer that gives two shits about the FM-whatever uniform regs clearing a room behind me than some loser who can go in front of a board and explain the proper uniform of the day for pregnant females on summer recruiting duty.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I'm speechless in response to that. All I got is "yup".

0311 here. Was in the very first group that crossed into Iraq back in '03. I didn't take a shower for 2 months, slept in holes I dug, and wore the same clothes down to my underwear during those two months. I don't care what some AF E-9 says is important. Come walk on the wild side with me then give your opinion.

Afghanistan wasn't much better.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
arrogant much?

Katy,

You talking to a bunch of pogue SNCOs from the USAF and Navy on here is like trying to explain the basics of an internal combustion engine to an average woman.

I can instantly tell you where an 03 or at least spent time out with 03 units and you fall into the 15% of the military that understands what it means to be in a rifle squad in combat.

Some of the guys on here sound like the typical PT failures and lifer SNCOs that have carved out an existence for themselves by chasing after E-3's to yell at them for wearing PT gear to the PX. The reason these type of lifers hated the time after OIF was that there was an abundance of salty Corporals and junior Marines with combat deployments that would tell them to go **** themselves when they tried to 'lifer' them for improper haircut.

The reason they love the Clinton era was that junior Marines or Joes werent walking around with combat experience and were slavishly beholden to the below of "Hey DEVILDOG, why are you outside without your cover!?!". Whereas after OIF, they didnt dare bitch at some Cpl. who 30 days prior was in an Iraqi shithole, kicking down doors and shooting bad guys in the face.

And for the poster who asked who I would rather have on patrol: the truth is the garrison Nazi usually turns out to be the biggest bitch when the rounds are real. I'd rather have a motivated killer that gives two shits about the FM-whatever uniform regs clearing a room behind me than some loser who can go in front of a board and explain the proper uniform of the day for pregnant females on summer recruiting duty.

03cobrah

Established Member
It's more like "experienced much"?

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Katy,

So then what do you say to those "lifer" Senior SNCO's who have multiple combat tours, and been in the shit- but still take the time to correct an undisciplined troop?

You come of as a butthurt terminal Lance that had some salty SMAJ/MGunns get some of your ass because you can't figure out the difference between Garrison and a forward deployment.

We have rules in both Combat and Garrison for a reason- if you can't figure that out you may want to rethink your choices on whether to stay in or not. Discipline whether it be self or otherwise isn't for everyone. It takes both to be a true professional.

Elwood617

Established Member
A saying that I learned from my dad when I was a kid, "Run she may, shine she must." It was in regards to idiots in the Navy who thought a pretty shit was more important than a functional ship.
I have to say this about garrison regulations. Some rules are just dumb. Senior people should be pointing them out and/or protecting their juniors from them, not blindly enforcing them. You have to pick your battles though, other wise life would just suck.
As for the peacetime military and there being an improvement in discipline? Not in my eyes, I've already seen SNCO's and Chiefs who think they are above physical exertion. They will throw uniform regs at you, then not know how to make entry into a closed room.
So, which will get you killed, making simple mistake in uniform choice? Or making entry to a room by yourself and not digging your corner?
I will gladly deploy with the guy/gal who is motivated, technically, tactically proficient, and dedicated to our profession.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Got sucked into the stupidity for a second and fed the trolls some snacks. Lots of immaturity in his thread. Glad I'm done in a few months!! The military is def not what it used to be- there are some who get it but there are far too many that don't:nonono:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It's more like "experienced much"?

horseshit. there is a difference between "experienced" and arrogant. that post was arrogant no other way to put it.

I have said this before and will say it again. you people who denigrate the "pogues" "pogs" (however you want to spell it) and civilians that don't go outside the wire are pitiful. yes, you take more chances and live a shit life while you are outside the wire. but when you get back to the base who is it that provide you with electricity to have AC or Heat in your hooch? who is it that provides you with comms? who is it that sees to it that you have a chow hall to eat at with pretty damn decenct food when compared ot MREs and field kitchens? it's the very people you choose to hate on when you are nice, safe and comfy. you should be ashamed of yourselves that you cannot show a little more respect for people who provide you with that shit so you don't have to do it yourself.

And before you go hating on me because I am a civilian saying this, I hit Balad in Dec of 03, ask someone who was there then what it was like. I missed burning shit in barrells by two weeks. Hot shower? the first 4 months or so we were lucky to get a shower at all once a week, yeah we went through a ton of baby wipes, food? field kitchen for breakfast. lunch was 3/4 of a mile. then they put in a tent shower a mile up the road. hot shower? yep and by the time you got back to your tent you were dirty enough to need another one most days. 29 of us in an A-frame aon cots for the first few months then we got a second A-Frame.

have I had bulletts flying over my head? no but I have had rockets and mortars flying over my head, landing close enough to lift my bed and move it over a couple of inches. Debris from rockets hitting the roof of my tent, and hooch more often than I care to count. laying in bed at night listening to incoming being walked in and worrying that it won't stop (or be stopped) before it gets to our little corner of paradise. And I was on a base the whole time.

so you two take your arrogance and your "you can't know' attitude and shove it up your ass.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
horseshit. there is a difference between "experienced" and arrogant. that post was arrogant no other way to put it.

I have said this before and will say it again. you people who denigrate the "pogues" "pogs" (however you want to spell it) and civilians that don't go outside the wire are pitiful. yes, you take more chances and live a shit life while you are outside the wire. but when you get back to the base who is it that provide you with electricity to have AC or Heat in your hooch? who is it that provides you with comms? who is it that sees to it that you have a chow hall to eat at with pretty damn decenct food when compared ot MREs and field kitchens? it's the very people you choose to hate on when you are nice, safe and comfy. you should be ashamed of yourselves that you cannot show a little more respect for people who provide you with that shit so you don't have to do it yourself.

And before you go hating on me because I am a civilian saying this, I hit Balad in Dec of 03, ask someone who was there then what it was like. I missed burning shit in barrells by two weeks. Hot shower? the first 4 months or so we were lucky to get a shower at all once a week, yeah we went through a ton of baby wipes, food? field kitchen for breakfast. lunch was 3/4 of a mile. then they put in a tent shower a mile up the road. hot shower? yep and by the time you got back to your tent you were dirty enough to need another one most days. 29 of us in an A-frame aon cots for the first few months then we got a second A-Frame.

have I had bulletts flying over my head? no but I have had rockets and mortars flying over my head, landing close enough to lift my bed and move it over a couple of inches. Debris from rockets hitting the roof of my tent, and hooch more often than I care to count. laying in bed at night listening to incoming being walked in and worrying that it won't stop (or be stopped) before it gets to our little corner of paradise. And I was on a base the whole time.

so you two take your arrogance and your "you can't know' attitude and shove it up your ass.

You are wasting your breath- there are a few in this thread that will never understand this. And hopefully will get out before they become even more part of the problem.

I absolutely respect the job grunts and SF does. You are superb, but like Obama loves to say- you didn't get there on your own. Without the support of the personnel you hate- your fellow service members I might add, you wouldn't be able to do what you do. Hate all you want but that is an inconvenient truth. And before you make assumptions- make no mistake, it's not just the 03XX that goes outside the wire. Yep, that's right, there are other MOS's out there with you doing much the same job if not the same exact job. So before your mouth writes checks your ass can't cash you may want to think about it if you can muddle your way through your self righteous indigniation and see the truth for what it is!

So the next time you get an ass chewing think about what may have brought it on. Did YOU compromise your own self discipline and integrity? Or are you going to keep blaming others for your own short comings. Am I saying ALL ass chewing are justified? Not hardly- but I'd say its a safe bet, with my short 24 yrs of experience, that most are earned. If the shoe fits, wear it!!..... If you have the balls to match your mouth!!

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member

POG's are important but they live in their own little world. It really is like trying to explain how an engine works to a woman.

I never once put POG's down so there's no need to get defensive. All the discipline (read made up) problems we had overseas and some back home were from POG's screwing with the grunts. Anytime a grunt got hit with a disrespect charge it was more than likely from some POG antagonizing him constantly. Funny thing is that in our own units you'd never have an ounce of trouble out of them. One evening I had just got done with MCMAP training and was walking across the quad in boots and utes' to say hi to my younger brother real quick who lived in the next building when some POG MSGT. tore into me for being dressed as such. I tried to explain to him I had just got done training but he kept cutting me off and threatening to NJP me. I was an NCO in Iraq and never had a problem completing a mission.

I'll never forget some Napoleon complex air wing MSGT. tearing into some poor lance on ship over standing with his hands in his pockets (I think it was that) a day after we got relieved in country. Dude had just spent months getting shot at and patching up his buddies. Kid was just standing in line to get a hot meal after months of MRE's.

There's definitely a problem with POG's screwing with people over the little stuff.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
POG's are important but they live in their own little world. It really is like trying to explain how an engine works to a woman.

I never once put POG's down so there's no need to get defensive. All the discipline (read made up) problems we had overseas and some back home were from POG's screwing with the grunts. Anytime a grunt got hit with a disrespect charge it was more than likely from some POG antagonizing him constantly. Funny thing is that in our own units you'd never have an ounce of trouble out of them. One evening I had just got done with MCMAP training and was walking across the quad in boots and utes' to say hi to my younger brother real quick who lived in the next building when some POG MSGT. tore into me for being dressed as such. I tried to explain to him I had just got done training but he kept cutting me off and threatening to NJP me. I was an NCO in Iraq and never had a problem completing a mission.

I'll never forget some Napoleon complex air wing MSGT. tearing into some poor lance on ship over standing with his hands in his pockets (I think it was that) a day after we got relieved in country. Dude had just spent months getting shot at and patching up his buddies. Kid was just standing in line to get a hot meal after months of MRE's.

There's definitely a problem with POG's screwing with people over the little stuff.

I still don't think you and "240" get it. A very good friend of mine who happens to be a SMAJ of a certain unit in Fl. is a former 03XX, former sniper with confirmed kills, multiple combat tours etc would have lit into the Lance you were talking about too. Does that make the SMAJ a POG? Not hardly. Sorry you and your buddy couldn't figure out how to follow simple rules- or you 2 just decided to ignore them or whatever. But we get paid to follow rules and sometimes enforce them if you make it into the NCO and SNCO ranks. Is it trivial and inconvenient sometimes? Perhaps. But it's not like you DON'T know what they are- you made a conscious choice not to follow them and now you want to bitch because you got caught? Now someone else is the problem because YOU ****ed up? If I got what you are saying wrong, by all means let me know....

As far as no problems in grunt units- that's a joke right? Having been in units with grunts, and been based in close proximity to grunts, I really have to call bullshit on that statement. Some of the biggest cluster****s I've ever seen have been in grunt units- always fighting and bickering. (Mainly over trivial shit like getting corrected about something) Putting each other in ICU. Screwing each others wives while on deployment. (More so than any other type of unit I've ever seen) in combat you guys are great, best in the world. Anywhere else you are a freaking trainwreck. No problems my ass- you do realize that most people in the ChowHall sub forum are either military or former military right? You may be able to fool other members but please don't try to bullshit us!!:nonono:

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Couldn't possibly be that you act like hot shit when away from your unit.

Thats a big reason why they get ****ed with.

Hands in your pockets, boots unbloused, hair out of regs etc are standards. High standards should be enforced by every single person who ever had to meet them. Not thrown out the window simply because you think you are above it because you did a rough tour in A-stan. The Joes know when they are in the wrong and they will try to hide behind the "I just got back from _____" excuse as if that somehow exempts them from the rules. I'm not a POG, well, I'm not infantry but I am a combat engineer who goes out on route clearance missions 5-6 days out of the week. I've noticed some of the younger guys starting to develope the hot shit attitude towards the support personnel. I crack down on it every time because its a bull shit attitude to have. The CSM's berate us all the time on small little shit, as annoying as it is and frustrating they are still right according to the regs. Being professional means doing the right thing ALL THE TIME, not when it is convenient for you.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I'd rather have a motivated killer that gives two shits about the FM-whatever uniform regs clearing a room behind me than some loser who can go in front of a board and explain the proper uniform of the day for pregnant females on summer recruiting duty.

Why not have both in the same individual? It is a leaders job to coach and mentor our soldiers/marines not just in combat proficiency, but professionalism, respect, tradition etc. Just focusing on the combat aspect is bad for the long term. So a SNCO yells at you for having your hands in your pockets so what? GTF over it. Better yet, you and your buddies should help police up each other so you don't get ****ed with.

I have a soldier (PFC) who is a pain in my ass while we are in garrison but he is on top of his shit in the field. I definitely want him in my squad and I have fought and gone to bat for him against my CO on more than one occasion. He makes bad life decisions, on purpose I believe. But I also have to discipline him because his technical and tactical proficiency is not enough to be labeled a good soldier. We had to reduce him from E-4 to E-3 several months ago because he refuses to conform, drinks too much, misses formations, ignores the regs etc. But I'm still working on him because he has potential. Just needs his head on straight. If he can do that he will be a great soldier. Its a total package.

Users who are viewing this thread