Got yelled at lol

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I've had a few over the years. Mostly justified. I've had to chew way more ass than I've had chewed though. Kids now days make it their goal to push the boundaries of every rule and regulation there is. The discipline has definitely gone down the shitter since OIF kicked off. It'll come back as OEF winds down and we get back to a peacetime service.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Not be but when I was on Balad back in 04 there was a female soldier that wore her hair in pipi longstockings style. braided and while they weren't long they stuck out. I didn't think it was kosher but didn't think a whole lot about it. Till one day she was in the chow hall, one of the first shirts saw her and it was freaking ON. he stood her up and dressed her down one side and up the other at the top of his lungs. she never wore her hair that way again.

As a civilian I don't get yelled at by officers of any rank out here, except one time. Lt. Col started yelling at me about some shit. I stuck my head out the help desk window and got in his face "excuse me" I says. "don't yell at me, I will talk to you all day long about this problem till we get right, but you will not yell at me". he calmed down and things got straight and later he came back around and apologized because he was wrong. don't see that from an 0-5+ very often

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
LOL,
I used to say as long as you are doing PT you can't be that wrong.

then when my guys would dick up seriously they would throw in that were doing some PT event while pulp beating some Muj or shooting someone in the face, or even drinking and driving, ect. Hard not to laugh even at some of the guys.

I just hope those socks were not crunchy one's in your front pockets.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Its been a while since I took a straight ass licking for something I personally did. Like going back to week 6 of basic training. Most of the yellings Ive received were always part of group punishment for something I wasn't responsible for though.

03cobrah

Established Member
Let me guess, yours. I would kick that ugly bitch in the pussy before letting my dog screw her.

oh yah buddy. makin her famous. you are so mad right now bruhhh. i'm guessing you can relate in some way. please tell me how you really feel about it. ;-)

Poppacapp

Established Member
My dad was an E5 in the Marines in the 60's. Did Embassy guard duty in the Dominican Republic during the whole civil war thing down there.

I remember a story he told me when I was a kid about when he was going through Parris Island in the 60's boot camp. He said he forgot to unchamber a round in his M1? can't remember the rifles they had back then. Anyway, drill sarg did a rifle inspection, and found the unchambered round. He made him let the bolt close on his nose. Was not fun, nor "un-painful", but lesson learned. I assume back in the 60's things were not as..."PC" as they are now... pretty much the guy on Full Metal Jacket was how it was I assume.

Now whether this was 100% true or not.. I don't know.. it was a story he told me when I was younger.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I remember a story he told me when I was a kid about when he was going through Parris Island in the 60's boot camp. He said he forgot to unchamber a round in his M1? can't remember the rifles they had back then. Anyway, drill sarg did a rifle inspection, and found the unchambered round. He made him let the bolt close on his nose. Was not fun, nor "un-painful", but lesson learned. I assume back in the 60's things were not as..."PC" as they are now... pretty much the guy on Full Metal Jacket was how it was I assume.
it was not much different if at all. ERMEY was supposed to be a technical advisor on Full Metal Jacket but once the director saw the instructional tape he made for the guy scheduled to play the role, Ermey was hired to play the part. he was allowed to write his own dialog and improvise on the set as well.

Boot camp back then was a very different beast, not near the pussification is has become. Not saying it isn't still hard just not nearly as hard as it was. The PC military is probably one of the worst mistakes ever.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
oh yah buddy. makin her famous. you are so mad right now bruhhh. i'm guessing you can relate in some way. please tell me how you really feel about it. ;-)

Just think you are a mincing little ****** is all. There is an appropriate place in SmackDown for your posts. I can relate only because I deal with shit bags like you all the time.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Accidentally backed a truck into a pole when I was a PFC. Got my tail chewed everyday for a week by the gunny. The Marines are hard on their people I tell ya. I loved the Corps though. I came from an abusive broken home and had some good NCO's and SNCO's that saw my potential. I paid them back by charging every house and bunker I could during the wars. Probably why I'm so screwed up now lol!

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
it was not much different if at all. ERMEY was supposed to be a technical advisor on Full Metal Jacket but once the director saw the instructional tape he made for the guy scheduled to play the role, Ermey was hired to play the part. he was allowed to write his own dialog and improvise on the set as well.

Boot camp back then was a very different beast, not near the pussification is has become. Not saying it isn't still hard just not nearly as hard as it was. The PC military is probably one of the worst mistakes ever.

What's your experience?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What's your experience?
grandfather was in the army, father, two uncles all went through the old school boot camp. and I have discussed it at length with them. and 8 years in Iraq myself discussing this kind of stuff with guys that went through it.

had I been able to go in, I would have gone in in the early 70s before they went all PC so had a vested interest in getting the details.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
grandfather was in the army, father, two uncles all went through the old school boot camp. and I have discussed it at length with them. and 8 years in Iraq myself discussing this kind of stuff with guys that went through it.

had I been able to go in, I would have gone in in the early 70s before they went all PC so had a vested interest in getting the details.

Didn't realize you were a little older. The contractors I met were really cool. Should've done it after I got out but wanted no part of either place.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Didn't realize you were a little older. The contractors I met were really cool. Should've done it after I got out but wanted no part of either place.
can't say as how I blame you. contracting is nice but you never know when they are going to say "pack your shit, you are done" and with the army being so far behind technologically you wind up back in the state and out of date with current stuff

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

That is my sentiment right now. I do one more tour in Afg starting in Jan. I never want to see that area again. UNLESS they pay me much more than I am worth. We would have to look at 800-1000 a day to make me even consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread