Got yelled at lol

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I had a whole rant, but decided it was best not to post such things online. Anybody care to share some stories or instances where you were yelled at? I'm sure the older guys(no offense) have some pretty good ones.

Mine was about my socks during pt...in front of the whole plt.

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Wear the right socks avoid getting yelled at :shrug: Why be pissed about your **** up?

Not pissed that I got called out about my socks. That's my bad and I owned up to it. It did lead into something else that was greatly blown out of proportion though. Can't be mad about something that I did wrong lol. It was in my whole rant, but thought I'd start a thread about things people have been yelled at for in the past.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Well I can definitely understand how the military like to make mountains out of mole hills. Snack fund and booster club money just got stolen. Their answer drug test for everyone or at least E6 and below. :lol:

TrevorR90

Banned
I've gotten yelled at and a counseling statement for not being nice to civilians, I work at a clinic and most patients are civilians and this girl complained that I didn't talk with her on a personal level.... Also a couple years ago I got yelled out for not wanting to go to the promotion board or to advance. I got a counseling statement and they said I could get chaptered for not wanting to advance. Gotten a counseling statement for lack of motivation because I wasn't loud enough.... Thats all I can think of for right now.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
During my time in I got many many ass chewing.....some were very reasonable (my fault) others were for just the hell of it (those higher ranked people who sit on their rank and think they are correct)..... How ever many times it happened all I did the second it was over was took a deep breathe, took my straw sucked it the ****ed up and carried on.....nothing to be mad about or stress over

ademily87

Established Member
I left 2 mags of m16 rounds (60rounds total) in the smoke pit once before taking the police boat out for Harbor security at Norfolk. I walked to the boat, had my m4, stepped on the boat and said "oh sh*t", turned around and saw my 1st class, chief, and the actual command master chief walking down the pier with guess who's ammo in the master chiefs hand.

THAT, was a bad day. Screw your socks lol

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
i once got yelled at for running on the sidewalk on base instead of running in the street, downhill and against traffic on a blind curve. obviously safety is my fault.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I left 2 mags of m16 rounds (60rounds total) in the smoke pit once before taking the police boat out for Harbor security at Norfolk. I walked to the boat, had my m4, stepped on the boat and said "oh sh*t", turned around and saw my 1st class, chief, and the actual command master chief walking down the pier with guess who's ammo in the master chiefs hand.

You just made my day that much better :beer:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I don't get yelled at anymore. It's more of a stare of disdain and the occasional "disappointment" speech.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Not pissed that I got called out about my socks. That's my bad and I owned up to it. It did lead into something else that was greatly blown out of proportion though. Can't be mad about something that I did wrong lol. It was in my whole rant, but thought I'd start a thread about things people have been yelled at for in the past.

At least you own up to it- many don't. The only part I disagree with is belittling someone in front of their whole platoon, but then again my leadership style isn't authoritarian. From what I've seen that style is only effective for short periods of time, at some point people just tune those people out.

I haven't been yelled at in a very long time, but SNCO's don't usually get yelled at - but I always get the comment from "those appointed over me" that I don't sugercoat anything. I guess my perspective is, this is the U.S. Military, not the Cub Scouts. Professionals SHOULD be able to speak with each other candidly and without mincing words. If you do it correctly the rank doesn't matter....... it's just that some billets don't always allow you to do that. (like mine for example)

97snakebite

Established Member
i got yelled at after spitting some dip into a drain section of a f-16.. i wouldnt of gotten chews out if it didnt go through a drain plug and leak onto someones coveralls ..oh well

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Well I can definitely understand how the military like to make mountains out of mole hills. Snack fund and booster club money just got stolen. Their answer drug test for everyone or at least E6 and below. :lol:

As far as "making mountains out of molehills" goes, it all comes back to discipline. If you let the little shit slide you are hurting unit discipline and unit cohesiveness. In Garrison it's not that big a deal but in combat that can get you killed. You have to look at the big picture.

I don't know how other services do it but E7's and up don't get to opt out of piss tests in the Corps. It doesn't work that way. The list is randomly generated based on the morning report of who is present for duty. (unless it's unit wide where everyone present has to piss) Every test has senior SNCO's and Officers getting tested- the only "bennie" we get is we don't have to stand in line.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Last one I remember is my old Plt Sgt who made me feel stupid and put me in my place. One of my guys had just lied to my face and I was pissed, and he told me to tell him what happened. I told all the junior guys to leave the room cause I didn't think they needed to hear it, and he interrupted and was like, "No mother****er, I told you to ****ing tell me right now!" It was little, but I felt like a scolded dog or like I had just disappointed my father or something lol. He actually apologized after too which was cool and I admitted I was out of place.

But damn, he didn't have too many outbursts towards people too often so when you did piss him off you felt pretty crappy. That was like a year ago and that's the last one I remember.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
As far as "making mountains out of molehills" goes, it all comes back to discipline. If you let the little shit slide you are hurting unit discipline and unit cohesiveness. In Garrison it's not that big a deal but in combat that can get you killed. You have to look at the big picture.

I don't know how other services do it but E7's and up don't get to opt out of piss tests in the Corps. It doesn't work that way. The list is randomly generated based on the morning report of who is present for duty. (unless it's unit wide where everyone present has to piss) Every test has senior SNCO's and Officers getting tested- the only "bennie" we get is we don't have to stand in line.

Oh I know no one is exempt from piss tests. I've seen enough SNCO and O6 penis to know (observer duty). But in the instance I'm talking about there are people that "are above suspicion" for a command directed drug test. It's funny that their answer to money being stolen is a sq wide drug test.

Zemedici

Established Member

good god I can only imagine....:eek:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Nothing stellar that I can remember (been out five years). Now what I do remember is seeing an AF O-9 have an AF O-8 at POA in the middle of a ****ing parking lot and he was throttling this cat like he was a fresh suede boot. I was about 20 to 30 yards away, standing there armed eating a cookie, a top and major gracefully scooted behind me and we were just casually observing as various other officers just stopped and went POA since no one knew what the **** to do. This went on for a good five to ten and from behind us I hear "Jesus that's gotta suck" from none other than Spyder Nyland who then proceeded to walk straight across the same parking lot through to his house without a single **** given. Then everyone seemed to scatter like rats.

Edited: because I'm retarded in old age.

Last edited:

ademily87

Established Member
good god I can only imagine....:eek:

Yea luckily the coxswain of my boat was a very attractive female l. She was higher rank than me so she would've got in trouble too, which they didn't want to do to her so she saved my ass. I felt like shit though and felt even worse for getting her into trouble. She was a good sailor.

VegasMichael

Established Member
One time stands out. I was an E-4 stationed in Pensacola. Came out of the Exchange in uniform on a Saturday afternoon into a blinding sun. A woman in uniform was coming up the steps towards me. I could barely see but I caught some metallic glint on her collar points and made the very false assumption it was an enlisted gal so I didn't salute. Turned out to be a Naval Captain which is an O-6. Oh man, did she rip me to shreds about tradition and respect and the whole tamale. People are walking by laughing while I'm getting chewed and spat out over and over and over....

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Oh I know no one is exempt from piss tests. I've seen enough SNCO and O6 penis to know (observer duty). But in the instance I'm talking about there are people that "are above suspicion" for a command directed drug test. It's funny that their answer to money being stolen is a sq wide drug test.

That does seem a bit odd.... My only guess is they had insider info. One of my peers got busted that way, and he was "randomly" selected to get his vehicle searched when he came back on base. Surprise surprise they found spice in his vehicle.... It ended badly for him, as it should have.

Users who are viewing this thread