Got yelled at lol

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It wasn't just normal daily PT, they did that on their own.

I guess I'm a sucker but if anyone E5 and up (regardless of branch) told me to push I'd do it. lol (If justified)

Haha, well if you're smart and you know you did something to deserve it then you might as well teach yourself a lesson. But I had a Sgt instructor tell me that no man puts his hands on you unless it's your mother or father. Where I'm at it's very split on respectable Sgts and SSgts. My Plt Sgt is a Sgt and a badass while the rest of the Sgts in basically the entire Battalion are turds who haven't done shit compared to many Cpls here who actually have combat experience. My Plt Sgt is actually younger than me as most of them are but if he tells me something I don't second guess it, but there's also mutual respect there; he doesn't abuse his authority. The other Sgt act like they have something to prove because of him so they act really tough when in reality they're a joke just trying to look good for the higher ups. Most of them are fat and basically do the whole "do as I say, not as I do". As a SL I'm the same billet as these guys so their authority goes only so far with some of us.

Like I said, it's a case by case with many of these guys because many don't deserve it. They hold a position simply based off their rank when there's Cpls and even some Lcpls under them who deserve it more. This is where things are flawed in the military as people who aren't actually qualified but did their time are put in positions of authority automatically.

Last edited:

05christj

Established Member
I was once told "you should be ashamed of yourself, how are you a non commissioned officer in the united states army and don't know how to wear a beret?" He then preceded to "fix" my beret by moving the front up literally 1cm (which just went rite back into place) and said "that's how you wear a beret" and then made me go to the bathroom and take a look.

I know what y'all are thinking "oh this guy must have been f***ing with him", not at all this SFC was dead serious. I was part of a week long detail raising and lowering the division flag at FT. Campbell and had to go through this guys in ranks inspection a total of 4 times that week. We gave this guy the nickname "2 scoops" cause he must wake up every morning and take 2 scoops of hooah.

Users who are viewing this thread