Got yelled at lol

runsonboost

Established Member
I was in our company office once checking out the monthly duty roster. Had to scratch my balls, but there were wookies in there so I snuck my right hand in my pocket and scratched my balls. Wouldnt ya know it, 1st Sgt comes out of his hole sees me with my hand in my pocket, rips my ass. He ends with "****! Youre a Corporal, why you doing that dumb shit!" Me "I was scratching my balls, 1st Sgt". He just shook his head and went back in his office.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
Told a 2LT who pointed a weapon at me during turn in and clear it (I was the NCOIC of the arms room for a while for one of my units as a SGT) and I told him "Sir you are supposed to treat every weapon as it's loaded please use the clearing barrel" he started chewing my ass in front of my troops for correcting him so I told him "You need to take 2 steps back and un**** yourself sir, with all due respect."

I got my ass chewed by the 1SG for a good 20 minutes about respecting Officers and tact. The 2LT had his ass reamed by the CO. This same 2LT tried to tell the SGM to stand at ease at the BN change of command ceremony a while later. They stuck him in an office somewhere out of the way after those 2 incidents. I can't remember exactly what the SGM said but it involved a lot of the f word and he had to be physically restrained.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Told a 2LT who pointed a weapon at me during turn in and clear it (I was the NCOIC of the arms room for a while for one of my units as a SGT) and I told him "Sir you are supposed to treat every weapon as it's loaded please use the clearing barrel" he started chewing my ass in front of my troops for correcting him so I told him "You need to take 2 steps back and un**** yourself sir, with all due respect.".
should have started out with "with all due respect" LOL! dayum what a dumbass. we had a Marine Sgt at TQ that was the NCOIC of the network. He used to look at officers that wanted something stupid and tried to pull rank on him and say "SIR! please do not confuse your rank with my authority over this network" don't think he ever got in trouble for saying it either
I got my ass chewed by the 1SG for a good 20 minutes about respecting Officers and tact. The 2LT had his ass reamed by the CO. This same 2LT tried to tell the SGM to stand at ease at the BN change of command ceremony a while later. They stuck him in an office somewhere out of the way after those 2 incidents. I can't remember exactly what the SGM said but it involved a lot of the f word and he had to be physically restrained.
sounds like barrow alaska would have been a good place for him

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
should have started out with "with all due respect" LOL! dayum what a dumbass. we had a Marine Sgt at TQ that was the NCOIC of the network. He used to look at officers that wanted something stupid and tried to pull rank on him and say "SIR! please do not confuse your rank with my authority over this network" don't think he ever got in trouble for saying it either
sounds like barrow alaska would have been a good place for him

He was your typical west point 2LT. You cant teach common sense in school unfortunately

Marc

Established Member
Obviously from someone whose only piloted a desk and/or never left the wire. What you guys call maintaining small standards people like me that spent multiple tours getting shot at call ****ing with subordinates unnecessarily. I didn't shave everyday in Afghanistan or Iraq and wouldn't you know we got a presidential unit citation. Not changing my cammies after spilling mustard on them didn't affect my ability to patrol.

Pretty bad when someone who only made it to an E-5 sets the highest rank you can get in the AF straight. At least that's what your avatar portrays. I was glad to get away from the SNCO's because we didn't need them other than the 3 B's and they usually just wanted to play games.

Ok, I am going to respond to this only because you talk as if you know me. I typically don't bring out my accomplishments because it seems to me like your bragging (and my accomplishments & awards are NOT earned only by me but by the AF, Marines, Army, & Navy junior ranking personnel that worked under me--without them I would not be where I am today.).

I was probably deploying before you were even born...don't know your age, so this is guessing on my part. I have seen more countries then I have fingers & toes. I have deployed to Bosnia, Croatia, Saudi Arabia, & Iraq. My last stint in Iraq (as a E8) earned me a Bronze Star for my actions as a Troop Commander leading convoy teams all over that shit hole of a country when we averaged 70+ hits on convoy teams a day throughout the country. So don't pretend you know what I have been doing, like "riding a desk" my entire career. I would think real hard about accusations you make against someone without knowing them.

On another note, I applaud you for your service. Thank you. I respect all my service members and what they bring to the fight...we all have a part in the BIG Picture...you might want to chew on that for a while and offer the same respect.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ok, I am going to respond to this only because you talk as if you know me. I typically don't bring out my accomplishments because it seems to me like your bragging (and my accomplishments & awards are NOT earned only by me but by the AF, Marines, Army, & Navy junior ranking personnel that worked under me--without them I would not be where I am today.).

I was probably deploying before you were even born...don't know your age, so this is guessing on my part. I have seen more countries then I have fingers & toes. I have deployed to Bosnia, Croatia, Saudi Arabia, & Iraq. My last stint in Iraq (as a E8) earned me a Bronze Star for my actions as a Tropp Commander leading convoy teams all over that shit hole of a country when we averaged 70+ hits on convoy teams a day throughout the country. So don't pretend you know what I have been doing, like "riding a desk" my entire career. I would think real hard about accusations you make against someone without knowing them.

On another note, I applaud you for your service. Thank you. I respect all my service members and what they bring to the fight...we all have a part in the BIG Picture...you might want to chew on that for a while and offer the same respect.
pretty obvious from their posts that too40 and him are incapable of the highlighted portion

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
pretty obvious from their posts that too40 and him are incapable of the highlighted portion

QFT- I hear this same mentality from many 03XX- especially the jr troops. Where they get this holier than thou no other MOS is worthy attitude, I don't know. They seem to think the support they get just magically happens and the people who provide it are somehow unworthy to breath the same air. Hate to break the bad news to them, but that's not how it is. I don't think these 2 will ever figure that out.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
QFT- I hear this same mentality from many 03XX- especially the jr troops. Where they get this holier than thou no other MOS is worthy attitude, I don't know. They seem to think the support they get just magically happens and the people who provide it are somehow unworthy to breath the same air. Hate to break the bad news to them, but that's not how it is. I don't think these 2 will ever figure that out.

About the same mentality as an NFL team putting just their Quarterback on the field. See how well that works.

Poppacapp

Established Member
oh yeah .. that is SUCH a quality comparison right there

Well, it is actually. It takes the whole team to perform the required tasks. Just like out in the field, it takes the support crew, front line, everyone to complete the assignments. Unless you are Rambo, and can solo it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well, it is actually. It takes the whole team to perform the required tasks. Just like out in the field, it takes the support crew, front line, everyone to complete the assignments. Unless you are Rambo, and can solo it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: my bad, sorry man TOTALLY mis-interpreted what you meant ...

speedsun

Established Member
Kandahar 2010 - walking into the Niagra (chow hall) a SSG stops me and my friends for not carrying weapons. Yells at us and takes our names and ranks and what unit we are with. I was under a Task Force that didnt require us to carry weapons while deployed. He then tells me "I guess your commander thinks he supersedes my Sergeant Major"... Me being an E-3 at the time just let it go. But yea, Sergeant Major or not, my commander does supersede him haha. I would love for that to have gotten to the Lt. Col.

Recently last year I was told to get a qualification that I'm not allowed to get til I'm a 7 level. I'm currently a 5 level at the time and inform the TSgt that its a 7 level qual and I can't get it. He tells me to go test anyway and I'm like that is pointless. They won't waiver me for this. Nobody else has it that is a 5 level. He just starts yelling in the ready room for no reason and makes me look defenseless to my peers. Luckily another SSgt stepped in and said that he read the reg that stated I can't get it. The TSgt then plays off like he read it too and that was the answer he was looking for. My question is if you read the reg, why bring it up?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member

Go stand on some yellow footprints and then your 2 cents will be worth something. I don't even care if you're a cook.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member

I was probably deploying before you were even born...don't know your age, so this is guessing on my part. I have seen more countries then I have fingers & toes. I have deployed to Bosnia, Croatia, Saudi Arabia, & Iraq. My last stint in Iraq (as a E8) earned me a Bronze Star for my actions as a Troop Commander leading convoy teams all over that shit hole of a country when we averaged 70+ hits on convoy teams a day throughout the country. So don't pretend you know what I have been doing, like "riding a desk" my entire career. I would think real hard about accusations you make against someone without knowing them.

Was that BS with a V? I do think all have a part, but I'm not of the same mindset when it comes to small stuff. You might've not seen it personally, but I've seen guys at their breaking point snap because of some ridiculous rule. It's happened both in garrison and deployed. We're just not going to agree.

I'm 32 btw.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Kandahar 2010 - walking into the Niagra (chow hall) a SSG stops me and my friends for not carrying weapons. Yells at us and takes our names and ranks and what unit we are with. I was under a Task Force that didnt require us to carry weapons while deployed. He then tells me "I guess your commander thinks he supersedes my Sergeant Major"... Me being an E-3 at the time just let it go. But yea, Sergeant Major or not, my commander does supersede him haha. I would love for that to have gotten to the Lt. Col.

Recently last year I was told to get a qualification that I'm not allowed to get til I'm a 7 level. I'm currently a 5 level at the time and inform the TSgt that its a 7 level qual and I can't get it. He tells me to go test anyway and I'm like that is pointless. They won't waiver me for this. Nobody else has it that is a 5 level. He just starts yelling in the ready room for no reason and makes me look defenseless to my peers. Luckily another SSgt stepped in and said that he read the reg that stated I can't get it. The TSgt then plays off like he read it too and that was the answer he was looking for. My question is if you read the reg, why bring it up?

That was a dumb/dangerous SOP given the amount of so-called "friendly" natives attacking US servicemen. I agree with that SSGT. Your Lt. Col. should've been counseled or whatever it's called for officers.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Holly thread derailment Batman!

OP, please feel free to post the specifics of your story. Cant ask for everyone's details and not include yours.

================== On a side note ================

Serious question MARC,

How come you have your rank posted as your avatar?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Holly thread derailment Batman!

OP, please feel free to post the specifics of your story. Cant ask for everyone's details and not include yours.

================== On a side note ================

Serious question MARC,

How come you have your rank posted as your avatar?

A lot of people have stuff they are proud of as their avatar. I would be damn proud of wearing those 8 stripes:shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Go stand on some yellow footprints and then your 2 cents will be worth something. I don't even care if you're a cook.
the only reason I am not in or didn't go in was flat feet and bad eyes. back when I could go in you couldn't get a waiver for that kind of shit.

as far as "standing on some yellow footprints" am I to assume by that that anyone outside of the marine corps doesn't count? just further proves our point about your attitude.

I have been out here longer than a lot of staff sergeants have been in. I don't speak from the stand point of the military because on that point you are correct, I have not been. I speak from the experience of working with the ENTIRE army from privates to Generals and everything in between. I have seen respect given, respect demanded, and more disrespect for people wearing the same uniform than I care to count.

so yeah. YOU might not think I am "qualified" and that's fine. seeing as how some very senior NCOs agree with me however, I will go with their opinion. it is worth more than yours

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A lot of people have stuff they are proud of as their avatar. I would be damn proud of wearing those 8 stripes:shrug:

I totally understand that yet it still seems a little out of place to me. Wearing the stripes while on duty/uniform and putting them on display on a totally different setting, e.g., in a car forum is a totally different thing.

Placing ones rank like that seems a little pretentious to me. I am sure that there are a lot of people here that are proud of what they do but you don't see them placing their title for an avatar. Specially being a CMS, it gets held to a higher standard and don't think it is appropriate to flash it like that.

Kind of like wearing your dress uniform to go to the night club. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread