Evolutions...you had the thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
sounds like this company sucks as bad as leonards performance in taunton mass

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Early it was mentioned about the bad publicity this thread is causing so I decided to Google Evolutions Performance for kicks. This specific thread made the top of Page 4 in the results and the internet has a jackload more people than SVTP forums, don't even need a account to view the thread. Hope it gets handled soon, don't want to be #1 in search results.

txyaloo

Established Member
Early it was mentioned about the bad publicity this thread is causing so I decided to Google Evolutions Performance for kicks. This specific thread made the top of Page 4 in the results and the internet has a jackload more people than SVTP forums, don't even need a account to view the thread. Hope it gets handled soon, don't want to be #1 in search results.

If other forums start linking to this thread, it will rise quickly in the results.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm working to gather information from both parties and see what can be done. The bashing needs to stop though.

JohninMD

Established Member
I understand the frustration but you aren't going to get anywhere with this thread other than the satisfaction of warning the rest of the world about the business practices and poor customer service of EVO.

You don't even have their lackey responding to questions, he just gets on and defends a post or two but totally ignores the legitimate questions lol

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'll buy it for shipping cost if that helps. lol

LOL, shipping to where you live would probably be expensive as hell. I bet that thing weights close to 150lbs or more. And it's big. At least someone laughed at the occasional TV post, so I feel like I can stop now.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I understand the frustration but you aren't going to get anywhere with this thread other than the satisfaction of warning the rest of the world about the business practices and poor customer service of EVO.

That's the whole point imo. He's letting other car guys know what to expect when dealing with certain companies.

jaystang

Established Member
I agree...this kind of information is very valuable to the consumer. This is the reason I love the forums so much. It gives power to the consumer!!!:beer:

Most of the time...a vendor with good products and good customer service will be recommended by most plus they will have great feedback with good customer relations. It important for us consumers to communicate our experiences so others can make the appropriate decisions.

I definitely do not condone any vendor bashing (especially personally); however, feedback is important- for both vendors and consumers.

wow...I'll get off my soap box now.:sleeping:

Keep it real and thanks for the GREAT posts!!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm working to gather information from both parties and see what can be done. The bashing needs to stop though.

I agree. With any business, especially in the type of business EVO is in, there are likely to be some customers that are not completely happy. I heard both Mike's and Fred's side of the story and both have valid points. Mike has a legitimate complaint with and about the muffler shop. That I won't deny.

Clearly EVO has done a good job and has MANY happy customers, otherwise they would not be in the position they are currently in. :idea: You can't build a business like they have, by doing lousy work and pissing off customers.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
To me, there is only one question on the table here. I'd like to get it from both sides in consecutive posts. Where was the car dropped off? Nothing else really matters about who, what, where and when.

I've never had any work done or purchased anything from EVO, so I cannot comment on their customer service or mechanical abilities. However, I have had dialogue with Fred. That is one of the reasons his name is in my sig..

J.R.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Mike,

Your gripe is with JR at Mighty Muffler, Inc. NOT us....

Jr who is the ONLY owner of Mighty Muffler worked on your car.

Evolution Performance, Inc. and Mighty Muffler, Inc. are two completly different companies, the only tie and I mean only tie is Blood. Jr's busniess pratices are his own!

The People that work at Evolution are myself, Nelson Sr., Kent, and our Tech's Mikey and Chuck!

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
^^ That's pretty convincing. Kent, Mixxer, did say the ownership transferred in 2008. But regardless, back to my original question. Where was it dropped off? The rest is a mood point.

Ironically enough, we are having a house built. Talked to the General Cotractor today. Carpenter sub can't start for 4 weeks, after being told they could. My wife was in their office today.. Her question was, "What's your contingency plan"? Response, a sub by the Carpenter.. Now we have a contractor that subbed out a job, that is now being subbed out again to another. My wife's response, " That's o.k. as long as you( Gen. Con) take full responsibility of the sub's sub..!! They agreed. No pay until we inspect and approve.

J.R.

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
^^ That's pretty convincing. Kent, Mixxer, did say the ownership transferred in 2008. But regardless, back to my original question. Where was it dropped off? The rest is a mood point.

Ironically enough, we are having a house built. Talked to the General Cotractor today. Carpenter sub can't start for 4 weeks, after being told they could. My wife was in their office today.. Her question was, "What's your contingency plan"? Response, a sub by the Carpenter.. Now we have a contractor that subbed out a job, that is now being subbed out again to another. My wife's response, " That's o.k. as long as you( Gen. Con) take full responsibility of the sub's sub..!! They agreed. No pay until we inspect and approve.

J.R.

i was with my brother when he dropped his car off, he drop it off at evo.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Just my $.02 - I called EVO a few years back to have my x-pipe installed, and exhaust leak fixed. Can't remember who I talked too at EVO, but he gave me a price right over the phone. So I scheduled the work and found it odd that when I got there, they told me to go across the street and get it done there. The shop across finished, and wanted to charge me almost double for what I was quoted over the phone. I balked and the guy at the muffler shop called someone at EVO, probably the guy who quoted me, and said he would 'live up' to the price I was originally given over the phone. Well - I ONLY called EVO, funny that a Muffler Shop needed an OK from EVO for a quoted price on exhaust work. But they don't work together?

Huh!??!

But hey, I really thought nothing of it at the time, paid the shop what I was quoted and flew down the street, waking the dead - man I miss my ride.

ANYWAYS....

I just think that EVO needs to disclose who was actually doing the exhaust work and there would be no problem.

-continue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread