Evolutions...you had the thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I'm with you Scott. From what I can make out, he ended up paying $500 more than he was quoted, I think. If that's the case, why did he pay more than the quote? Would they not have to justify the additional charge? If they were able to justify it, and he paid it, why is it being brought up a year after it happened? There has to be an underlying issue that would make someone dig up something from over a year ago, atleast I would think.

From Post in roadside:
"I took my old 03 cobra to a local shop that services a bunch of us ford guys on the east coast. They kept it for over 3 1/2 months when they told me 2 weeks. I then recieved it leaking coolant +oil, they hacked up the oil pan, dented + scratched the car. I had to have a coolant leak under the intake (that they cuased) fixed on top of having to have my pan pulled and welded properly....not some putty. Plus I had to have the oil line extended becuase they placed it less than a 1/4 inch from the crank pulley (even after I pointed it out) Then they tried to charge me over 6k dollars for a blow through conversion that we discussed around $1,800. I supplied the new turbo, intercooler, and maf. They tried to charge me 6k for a couple feet of tubing and some couplers. Plus they tried to keep my old hellion stuff. They called me and offered me $50 for it!!!!! I actually had to ask and wait for them to go into storage to recieve some of it!!! I never got my sct maf back! Oh....I forgot to mention they were making 4" down pipes off my car while it was in the shop and selling them on here for an arm and a leg. The owners son was personally working on my car. I started showing up there randomly becuase people told me my car was just sitting outside. He was never there and I would keep getting stories about my car. When I would see him he seemed really sped up on coke or crystal meth. Finally I find out that they eventually sent him to rehab. So they tried to get Jon Lund to tune my car and get it out the door. They put it on the dyno pouring coolant + oil. Lund refused to tune the car as it sat. Eventually I got my car out of there. When they tried to hand me a 6k+ bill for a couple feet of tubing I refused. I had them work on two 03 cobras and was a huge supporter of them. This is how I was treated along with my 9k mile 03 cobra with 30k in mods.....if this is how they are going to treat my car how are they going to treat the run of the mill car that comes in? Just your LOCAL GT500 tuner...

EDIT: Look, I posted some of my experience with them becuase I felt like a lot of the negative stuff was being thrown under the rug. I'm not saying everyone is going to get ripped off there. I just wanted to give a view of how they treated a fellow maca member/svtperformance forum member. The time for them to make this right was when it happened. There was even more to the story that I didn't add however another member touched on it a bit and I would like to clear it up. They were mocking up downpipes for hellion owners off my car. I was told my car would be done in 2 weeks and they wanted to mock up another 4" dp off of mine and try to produce it to sell to other hellion owners(since mine was the original one they did). I really didn't have a problem with that. What I did have a problem with is after about 8-9 weeks of my car being there and getting the run around. I drove over one day and popped in to find my car in the same shape it was it was 5 weeks earlier except surrounding my car was around 8 to 12 4" downpipes and one was being mocked up off my car when I walked in by an evolutions shop worker. Kent, I'm sorry you feel that way and I understand your need to stick up for the shop you now work at. However, when this went down you were not an employee there. You did some detail jobs for them and that was it. In all my visits down there I never once saw you. So while I do understand your need to defend them, you really don't have any firsthand knowlege of what went down with my car. I always liked you and really don't have any beef with you.
Sorry for the rant."

In 07-08 every gt500 header job was comming out of MM bays. Just a little tib-bit for the out of staters. This is something Fred confirmed on our call. I like many of us locals could see this. We would drop our cars off at Evo, and they would have work done at each shop. Fred told me they cut ownership of that shop due to shitty work comming out of it and they didn't want it coming back on Evo. I just got cuaght in the middle of it. But the fact remains I walked in Evo for it while all three shops were owned by the same owner and would see the father in the MM bays when I was there sometimes. These shops are still intertwined even if they changed hands with the stock ownership.
If you check local car boards there are tons of HORROR stories about evolutions. Everytime one gets posted on a national board that they are a vendor on it dissapears. They are now trying to blame all the mistakes on the son. When in actuality I would walk into Evo's doors and talk to FRED. They all knew my car was sitting in that lot for months not getting finished, & mistakes being made. The reason I posted those few other post was to show that I always gave credit to Evo when I had a good experience and they never once jumped in a thread and said "Hey....Thats not our work....It's Mighty Mufflers" Now, Since it's convient to them they changed ownership and are trying to wash their hands of any bad work that came out of there. Their is another member on this thread who has a REALLY bad story. He has mentioned on this thread that they treated him bad but chose not to tell his story. I have seen a few threads on this forum deleted in the last 3 months when their quality came up.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
OK, we all see that the legal shop ownership changed hands on this "line in the sand" date. So then the question is, was Evolution still subcontracting - or maybe "redirecting" is the better term - its customer's work to Mighty Muffler after the line was drawn without advising them of the CRITICAL reasons for separation? And is Mike one of these customers?

If so, then I personally find this business practice unethical.

But if not, I still consider it unforgivable that Evolution did not immediately step in and act as an advocate for Mike when his car was being used, abused, ignored...whatever...by Mighty Muffler, in this case. Defend it and spin it all you like. I can't think of many of us that would even DREAM of trusting our precious cars to a business that was not as protective of them as we are.

Hit the nail on the head. This blows every one of Kent's posts out of the water and pretty much flushes Fred's explanation down the toilet.

Evo sent cars to MM even when they knew the work being done was shoddy. Dividing up the companies allowed them to do this without any legal responsibility. I'm not aware of any other shop who would turn down work because it's not a S197 or GT500, then send the owner to a crappy shop across the street, owned, by their son no less!

600RRgoal

Established Member
after analyzing this thread (not bashing, just stating facts as others have done earlier in the thread), i've come to the conclusion that:

1. i would never take my car to this shop
2. i would never recommend anybody to take their car to this shop (and i'm local)
3. the shop, or at least one of it's reps, doesn't handle P.R. issues very well
4. lawyers are there for a reason

again, not bashing, just stating my opinion. #3 is most important.

Last edited:

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
I'd awaiting an explanation from Evo on this as well. How much money did mike physically spend with MM/Evo when they roasted his tires off broke his pan and caused a coolant leak? If they were using his car to mock up 4" down pipe i think he is entitled to some type of resituition.

OK, we all see that the legal shop ownership changed hands on this "line in the sand" date. So then the question is, was Evolution still subcontracting - or maybe "redirecting" is the better term - its customer's work to Mighty Muffler after the line was drawn without advising them of the CRITICAL reasons for separation? And is Mike one of these customers?

But if not, I still consider it unforgivable that Evolution did not immediately step in and act as an advocate for Mike when his car was being used, abused, ignored...whatever...by Mighty Muffler, in this case. Defend it and spin it all you like. I can't think of many of us that would even DREAM of trusting our precious cars to a business that was not as protective of them as we are.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I'd awaiting an explanation from Evo on this as well. How much money did mike physically spend with MM/Evo when they roasted his tires off broke his pan and caused a coolant leak?....

Ok, now that more has been explained, did you ask them to correct the coolant leak, fix the scratches and confront them about the bald tires? I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation as to why this is being brought up over a year after is happened. Can that question be answered as well?

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Ok, now that more has been explained, did you ask them to correct the coolant leak, fix the scratches and confront them about the bald tires? I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation as to why this is being brought up over a year after is happened. Can that question be answered as well?

Exactly did they buy him new tires?

txyaloo

Established Member

My thoughts exactly after reading Fred/Evo's last post.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
[quot.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I didn't post this up to recieve any restitution. I was just making members aware of how things sometimes get handled there. I definatly didn't post it up to get offered a deal on a c6 z06.:lol1:

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
I didn't post this up to recieve any restitution. I was just making members aware of how things sometimes get handled there. I definatly didn't post it up to get offered a deal on a c6 z06.:lol1:

PM me with said deal on Z06. curiosity has the best of me

1320 Racer

Eaton Power
Established Member
I cant believe this hasn't been deleted or closed yet. You guys need to stop being so mean to Fred and Evo, you all know Fred is the best GT500 tooner in the world.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
after analyzing this thread (not bashing, just stating facts as others have done earlier in the thread), i've come to the conclusion that:

1. i would never take my car to this shop
2. i would never recommend anybody to take their car to this shop (and i'm local)
3. the shop, or at least one of it's reps, doesn't handle P.R. issues very well
4. lawyers are there for a reason

again, not bashing, just stating my opinion. #3 is most important.

Might I add to your list?

5. Karma is a BITCH!

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
IMO, this thread has crossed the Bashing Vendors line.

Do I think that Evo has some responsibility in all of this because they recommended Mike to MM, and because Mike originally came to EVO? Yes I do. Do I think Evo should own up to it and apologize for MM's shoddy work and for mistreating Mike? Hell Yes.

But I also think that every performance shop makes mistakes, Evolution's mistake happens to be that their owner is a little too loyal to a son that can't seem to get his shit straight.

Evolution, in my opinion there are two steps that you should take:

First, apologize to Mike (which you have sort of done) and take responsibility for your son's shitty work and worse his lack of ability to take care of his customers (which you have not done).

Second, commit yourselves to finding a top notch exhaust/fabrication person to refer your work too, because the one you currently recommend has tarnished your reputation.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the op left his car there for soooo long when he was told 2 weeks. 3.5 months? Are you serious? No one in their right mind would allow their project/baby/etc. sit even at double the amount of time originally deemed necessary for the work. I would have been on the phone with at least two other shops if the 2 weeks passed and my car was no where near ready for delivery. No matter what shape they had it in. I would expect a physical trail that would prove the reasoning for the delay. Copies or parts order dates with delays attached, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread