Evolutions...you had the thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I'm relatively local to Evo and there's a reason I never took either of my cobras to them to work on.

To be honest...for a long time I thought Jon Lund was associated directly with them, which made me think higher of Evo's shop. When I found out he really only uses their dyno, I thought to myself that makes more sense which confirmed my original thought about the shop.

I think Jon Lund's popularity helped make Evo what it is today. People need to realize Lund has nothing to do with Evo. No bashing here, just my thoughts.

Evolution

Established Member
Wasnt it evo that was selling the 4" downpipes to their customers that were replicated from his car that they never did anything to?

I will state this again, Mike's car was only dyno tuned at our shop..... by someone that rents the dyno from us.....

All the work on Mike's car was done by Mighty Muffler.......

I never promoted or sold any 4" downipes, here is a link promoting the Mighty Muffler Downpipes - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/turbo-cobras-247/523966-hellion-4-inch-downpipe-picss.html

If we were such closely related shops why wasn't Evolution Performance Inc. selling the downpipes? The answer is because we had nothing to do with that job at all and didn't know any details about it.... PERIOD! Mike assumed that Evolution Performance and Mighty Muffler were the same shop so he refered to his downpipe and 3" Exhaust as ours.

Our Dyno was rented..... for tuning his car only.... PERIOD!

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
One, I got a full down pipe back exhaust which I told you I was very happy with. I credited Evolutions on multiple boards.
Two, I dropped my car off in the AM becuase I loaded the car on a trailer the night before. I was worried that it wasn't going to fit. The car was so low it barely got on the trailor. I had to return the trailer by 12 the next day. The time you guys kept the bays open for me was when I left the shop after the 4" dp and the car started getting hot down the road. You waited till I let it cool down and then drove it back. It just needed to be burped. No big deal and I wasn't upset at all. I know how tricky burping these cars can be.
Three, so who was the guy that was fabbing those down pipe when I walked in? Cuase he surely wasn't either of the two guys I ever saw in the MM bays. Just saying.....

His name was Dan, he owns a local Supra/Lexus MOD shop in Delaware called First State Motorsports, he worked for Mighty Muffler in the mornings.....

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
assumed my ass....I walk into your doors for a job and it was done at the same shop that did all your exhaust work at the time. No problems denying credit on
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...66-fs-low-milage-black-76gts-turbo-cobra.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...5781-guys-wanting-4-downpipe-hellion-kit.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...volutions-mighty-muffler-big-pic-warning.html

Should I go on.....They were also posted on MF....phillystangs....Tri-state....ect. I'm pretty sure you even responded to one of the post about the 4"dp.

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
I'm relatively local to Evo and there's a reason I never took either of my cobras to them to work on.

To be honest...for a long time I thought Jon Lund was associated directly with them, which made me think higher of Evo's shop. When I found out he really only uses their dyno, I thought to myself that makes more sense which confirmed my original thought about the shop.

I think Jon Lund's popularity helped make Evo what it is today. People need to realize Lund has nothing to do with Evo. No bashing here, just my thoughts.

It takes two to tango..... remember that....

When you form a team, and each person has a job, and those people are the very best at what they specialize in, you have total domination.....

We built the cars and Jon tuned the cars and together we went fast and set records.... Records that still stand today.....

How many other GT500's has Jon tuned that run slow at the track, and not because of his tune but because of how the car was built?

Check your facts before you make comments like that....

Evolution

Established Member
assumed my ass....I walk into your doors for a job and it was done at the same shop that did all your exhaust work at the time. No problems denying credit on
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...66-fs-low-milage-black-76gts-turbo-cobra.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...5781-guys-wanting-4-downpipe-hellion-kit.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...volutions-mighty-muffler-big-pic-warning.html

Should I go on.....They were also posted on MF....phillystangs....Tri-state....ect. I'm pretty sure you even responded to one of the post about the 4"dp.

First off Nelson probably told you to have people PM Evolution about the 4" Downpipes because we're a paying vendor on the websites and he wasn't an Internet user, he just recently started using e-mail and internet on a weekly basis.. and that is not a Joke just ask Kent!

Jason from C.S.S ended up working out a deal with Mighty Muffler on the Downpipes!

Second, I might of commented on how baddass your car was once it was finished and because of the power numbers it produced on low boost! Since I was at the dyno computer when Jon tuned the car......

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
like post 12:

I guess I assumed it was being worked on by Evolutions here also......I even mentioned the car needed to be burbed. Remember in my earlier post about you guys keeping the bay open late becuase it started to get hot on the ride home?:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...498-new-hellion-numbers-little-story-too.html

I comented on how baddass it sounded....

That was the time the first setup was done and it was before Mighty Muffler's work lost the quality control.........

I guess our bay was used since Mighty Muffler was closed, and Evolution Nelson was being nice since we work past 5:00pm everyday.

Last edited:

mobeydick

Established Member
I can understand Mike's FEELINGS founded or not about being Screwed. But this latest makes me wonder if Mike ever wrote a check/CC to Evolution or MM when he got the First work done back in early 08.

Evolution

Established Member
I can understand Mike's FEELINGS founded or not about being Screwed. But this latest makes me wonder if Mike ever wrote a check/CC to Evolution or MM when he got the First work done back in early 08.

Mike never paid Evolution Performance, Inc. for anything, all payments were to Mighty Muffler the shop that performed the work....

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member

I understand you are an evo customer/fan.......but I walked in evos front door for work everytime. Since you don't live here I guess you seem to not understand how they ran the shop. All the exhuast work was coming out off mm bays at one time. I also unloaded the trailor in the am and handed Fred the keys. Not once in any previose post that I credited evolution did he jump in and claim they didn't do the work. Fred admitted over the phone all the custom exhaust / turbo fab work was ways done at mm. For Christ sakes he offered to sell me a z06 at a discount yesterday........yea I'm delusional.

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Scott.......main story is in roadside. I've walked in evos doors evertime I needed any work done. The suddenly claiming that they are not or never were associated is laughable to most everyone that has pulled up and had a ton of work done. My car has even been at nelsons shop next to evolution becuase that's were they did the state inpsections.

From Post in roadside:
I took my old 03 cobra to a local shop that services a bunch of us ford guys on the east coast. They kept it for over 3 1/2 months when they told me 2 weeks. I then recieved it leaking coolant +oil, they hacked up the oil pan, dented + scratched the car. I had to have a coolant leak under the intake (that they cuased) fixed on top of having to have my pan pulled and welded properly....not some putty. Plus I had to have the oil line extended becuase they placed it less than a 1/4 inch from the crank pulley (even after I pointed it out) Then they tried to charge me over 6k dollars for a blow through conversion that we discussed around $1,800. I supplied the new turbo, intercooler, and maf. They tried to charge me 6k for a couple feet of tubing and some couplers. Plus they tried to keep my old hellion stuff. They called me and offered me $50 for it!!!!! I actually had to ask and wait for them to go into storage to recieve some of it!!! I never got my sct maf back! Oh....I forgot to mention they were making 4" down pipes off my car while it was in the shop and selling them on here for an arm and a leg. The owners son was personally working on my car. I started showing up there randomly becuase people told me my car was just sitting outside. He was never there and I would keep getting stories about my car. When I would see him he seemed really sped up on coke or crystal meth. Finally I find out that they eventually sent him to rehab. So they tried to get Jon Lund to tune my car and get it out the door. They put it on the dyno pouring coolant + oil. Lund refused to tune the car as it sat. Eventually I got my car out of there. When they tried to hand me a 6k+ bill for a couple feet of tubing I refused. I had them work on two 03 cobras and was a huge supporter of them. This is how I was treated along with my 9k mile 03 cobra with 30k in mods.....if this is how they are going to treat my car how are they going to treat the run of the mill car that comes in? Just your LOCAL GT500 tuner...

EDIT: Look, I posted some of my experience with them becuase I felt like a lot of the negative stuff was being thrown under the rug. I'm not saying everyone is going to get ripped off there. I just wanted to give a veiw of how they treated a fellow maca member/svtperformance forum member. The time for them to make this right was when it happened. There was even more to the story that I didn't add however another member touched on it a bit and I would like to clear it up. They were mocking up downpipes for hellion owners off my car. I was told my car would be done in 2 weeks and they wanted to mock up another 4" dp off of mine and try to produce it to sell to other hellion owners(since mine was the original one they did). I really didn't have a problem with that. What I did have a problem with is after about 8-9 weeks of my car being there and getting the run around. I drove over one day and popped in to find my car in the same shape it was it was 5 weeks earlier except surrounding my car was around 8 to 12 4" downpipes and one was being mocked up off my car when I walked in by an evolutions shop worker. Kent, I'm sorry you feel that way and I understand your need to stick up for the shop you now work at. However, when this went down you were not an employee there. You did some detail jobs for them and that was it. In all my visits down there I never once saw you. So while I do understand your need to defend them, you really don't have any firsthand knowlege of what went down with my car. I always liked you and really don't have any beef with you.
Sorry for the rant.
-Mike

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
Scott.......main story is in roadside. I've walked in evos doors evertime I needed any work done. The suddenly claiming that they are not or never were associated is laughable to most everyone that has pulled up and had a ton of work done. My car has even been at nelsons shop next to evolution becuase that's were they did the state inpsections.

I never said we weren't associated, when the quality control was intact they did great work, which you had done and was pleased and chose to comeback for another job based on that experience. All things changed May 13th, 2008 as was stated in my earlier response!

mobeydick

Established Member
I understand you are an evo customer/fan.......but I walked in evos front door for work everytime. Since you don't live here I gues you seem to not understand how they ran he shop. all the exhuast work was coming out off mm bays at one time. I also unloaded the trailor in the am and handed Fred the keys. Not once in any previose post that I credited evolution did he jump in and claim they didn't do the work. Fred admitted over the phone all the custom exhaust / turbo fad work was ways done in mm. For Crist sake he offered to sell me a z06 at a discount yesterday........yea I'm delusional.

Actually, when I got my parts from Evolution It was mentioned about a shop across the street. I think Fred was over there looking at something and was not available and would be back in a few moments. He may have even called me from there at some point because Fred called me about something on my car and it didn’t come up Evolution that I had programmed into my phone. I asked about it and Fred said it was another shop that they were having some exhaust work being done at. That was in late August of 07!!

My94GT

Established Member
so op claims he only dropped his car off at evolution for work to be done, and evolution claims thats not true they were just lending a hand since mighty muffler was closed.....it seems that the argument has come to a stand still on this point and now people are just flaming both parties in the mean time.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
+1. Now, I am not sure what the issue really is. Did something happen that hasn't been posted yet? As far as this thread goes, it's just an all out flame. I've read every post and still can't see what 'happened'.

I'm with you Scott. From what I can make out, he ended up paying $500 more than he was quoted, I think. If that's the case, why did he pay more than the quote? Would they not have to justify the additional charge? If they were able to justify it, and he paid it, why is it being brought up a year after it happened? There has to be an underlying issue that would make someone dig up something from over a year ago, atleast I would think.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
All things changed May 13th, 2008 as was stated in my earlier response!
OK, we all see that the legal shop ownership changed hands on this "line in the sand" date. So then the question is, was Evolution still subcontracting - or maybe "redirecting" is the better term - its customer's work to Mighty Muffler after the line was drawn without advising them of the CRITICAL reasons for separation? And is Mike one of these customers?

If so, then I personally find this business practice unethical.

But if not, I still consider it unforgivable that Evolution did not immediately step in and act as an advocate for Mike when his car was being used, abused, ignored...whatever...by Mighty Muffler, in this case. Defend it and spin it all you like. I can't think of many of us that would even DREAM of trusting our precious cars to a business that was not as protective of them as we are.

JohninMD

Established Member
but if not, i still consider it unforgivable that evolution did not immediately step in and act as an advocate for mike when his car was being used, abused, ignored...whatever...by mighty muffler, in this case. Defend it and spin it all you like. I can't think of many of us that would even dream of trusting our precious cars to a business that was not as protective of them as we are.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread