Evolutions...you had the thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
i was with my brother when he dropped his car off, he drop it off at evo.

OK. I'd like to see Fred's or Nelson's response now, as Kent was not employed by EVO at that time.

If they say it was dropped at EVO, this can all end with a " We take full responsibility of our facility, and or subcontractors", save some face and some business. Everyone can learn from their mistakes. They just have to be realized, acknowledged and built on.

J.R.

jaystang

Established Member
What's funny is I read all this and things would be all good if Evolution would just take some responsibility.

There is nothing wrong Evolution Performance sharing or giving their family work across the street; however, if he doesn't produce satisfactory results then they should help make it right and take some responsibility, especially since the business is within the family and it would overall reflect on Evolution's reputation.

Basically it boils down to doing the right thing. To me it seems like this whole BAD situation could've been avoided if Evolution would've just gave their deepest apologies for the sour job and did what it would take to make things right.

Then, Mike would be on here on SVT writing how Evolution Performance took care of him and made things right.

I tell you...Good Stuff Here.:dancenana:

Last edited:

fghtrpilot

Established Member
1st rule of business-

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

2nd rule-

See rule #1

I hear a huge sucking sound of money leaving Evo for VMP and Lethal.

:bash:

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
This is wild. Evolution is really digging themselves a deep hole here. I know a lot of members in this club used them. Mike even referred them to me when i was looking to get my car tuned. I asked him a lot of questions about them. this was before this incident though. This is pretty wild.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just received a copy of the stock transfer docs from Evo. What they claim is true according to those docs. Evo is owned by Nelson and MM is owned by Jr. as of May 13th 2008.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I just received a copy of the stock transfer docs from Evo. What they claim is true according to those docs. Evo is owned by Nelson and MM is owned by Jr. as of May 13th 2008.

Thats fine, but if the customer dropped off his car at EVO, then why should he have to deal with Mighty Muffler's shoddy work??

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Travis, it still seems as though Mike went to Evo for the work, dropped his car off at Evo, then MM did all the crappy work. Even though Evo was fully aware of the crappy work, they did nothing to help out but force the owner of MM to give Mike a slight discount. From what I'm seeing, Mike got hosed and Evo someone throws MM under the bus while keeping their name fresh and clean. I just don't like those business practices. Apparently Nelson doesn't give a damn about his son or the company they started together.

Evolution

Established Member
Sorry it took this long to respond but I wanted to post facts with documentation to support it.

Unfortunately Mike had a very bad experience with Mighty Muffler who is located across the street from us at 3358 Market St.. Mighty Muffler and Evolution Performance, Inc. were co-owned by Nelson P Whitlock Jr. and Nelson P Whitlock III (he goes by JR) up until May 2008. They had many differences; one of those differences was quality control.

Nelson Whitlock Jr. was extremely busy working at Evolution Performance and wasn’t able to keep an eye on everything that was going on at Mighty Muffler. After numerous conflicts between the two, Nelson Whitlock Jr. decided he wanted to severe his ties with Mighty Muffler.

On May 13th, 2008 Legal documents were signed by Nelson P Whitlock Jr transferring all of his stock in Mighty Muffler to Nelson P Whitlock III., and making Nelson P Whitlock III the sole owner of Mighty Muffler.

Also on May 13th, 2008 Legal documents were signed by Nelson P Whitlock III transferring all of his stock in Evolution Performance, Inc. to Nelson P Whitlock Jr., and making Nelson P Whitlock Jr the sole owner of Evolution Performance, Inc.

Federal and State Tax Returns also reflect the above information.

The information that someone posted about the PA SOS has not been updated to reflect the changes for reasons our accountant simply stated the state of Pennsylvania is broke and it’s obviously not a priority for them if it doesn’t involve money!

We had our Attorney e-mail signed copies of these documents to SID the owner of SVT Performance, which he confirmed he received above.

According to Mike’s (PhillySVT) Mighty Muffler Invoice the work was completed by Mighty Muffler on September 25th, 2008, which is solely owned by Nelson P Whitlock III and has NO ties to Evolution Performance, Inc.

Mike was recomended to Mighty Muffler to do the job by a person that will remain nameless and was quoted the job....allot of people assume we were all one company and were tied together that was true up until May 13th, 2008. The only other shop that is also owned by Nelson Whitlock Jr. besides Evolution Performance, Inc. is the building located directly next to us which is Nelson’s Auto Repair and his wholesale tire business, Action Discount Tires!

When Mike dropped off his car for the work to get done Mighty Muffler closed early (Which was no surprise) so instead of leaving his car outside and having him throw his keys in the Mighty Muffler night box I took his keys and had one of my guys pull it in one of our bays for the night. I was just trying to be nice and help a fellow MACA member…. But it bit me in the ass… guilty by association…

So Mike’s gripe should be with Mighty Muffler NOT with Evolution Performance, Inc…………

Putting myself in Mike’s place I can completely understand why he would be upset and I feel extremely bad for what Mike went through and I most recently told him that on the phone and explained to him what I stated above. Mike is still very upset with how everything was handled with his car at Mighty Muffler. Mike lost a magazine photo shoot and someone who was interested in purchasing the car from him.

I wish I quoted the job for him and did it in my shop that way it would have been done in a timely manner with quality being #1 but that didn’t happen. So all I can do is apologize to Mike since we’re the vendor here and Mighty Muffler is just a small time local muffler shop.

Fred Cook
General Manager
Evolution Performance, Inc.
www.evoperform.com

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Thats fine, but if the customer dropped off his car at EVO, then why should he have to deal with Mighty Muffler's shoddy work??

Travis, it still seems as though Mike went to Evo for the work, dropped his car off at Evo, then MM did all the crappy work. Even though Evo was fully aware of the crappy work, they did nothing to help out but force the owner of MM to give Mike a slight discount. From what I'm seeing, Mike got hosed and Evo someone throws MM under the bus while keeping their name fresh and clean. I just don't like those business practices. Apparently Nelson doesn't give a damn about his son or the company they started together.

I was not commenting on any of that, just the documentation that was sent to me.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Fred and I talked. I really don't care if they transferred the name of that shop over to the son. I walked into Evo months before I even brought it in. Discussed this project with them. Ordered a new FMIC, Precision Turbo (which I waited for a long time otherwise the car would have been in before the transfer), and BOV. Cars would be switched between shops (literally across the street). They admited they knew stuff was going on and thats why they claimed they seperated the business. The fact is I feel hosed....the 20% price was around $500 over what was quoted and then I paid another couple hundred to repair the oil pan. I know people who brought cars in after mine and the switching of shops was still going on. I really don't want to add much more about our talk. Some of it is personal to them. I hope everything works out in their personal lives even if they did screw me.

PS they did offer me a tune or to sell me a C6 Z06 at a discount.....lol if they think I'm sending any of my money down to Aston.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Well ther you have it. Mike is crazy and dilusional. right Mike?
j/k

jeostang46

Established Member
This still doesn't answer the question of why you guys refer customers that come to Evo, and want quality work done by Evo over to a known crappy muffler shop. Everyone associated with Evo that has posted on here has admitted in some form that they do crappy work. If Evo did recommend him to go to a crappy muffler shop that screwed up and burnt his new tires up, how does that reflect back on Evo? And then to come on here and keep responding with, "but you had you work done at Mighty Muffler we have nothing to do with them". That's just bad judgment, business and customer service.

Lets turn this around 180, if the work done by Mighty Muffler was top notch and made it into magazine shoots and the talk of all the forums and Evo was credited with the work, would you correct the false credit and say, "No, that work was done by Mighty Muffler, not Evo", I think not. You guys need to make this right, you referred him to a crappy shop that most people believe is an extension of Evo.

If you don't want to be associated with them you should break ALL TIES, including referring work to them.

Evolution

Established Member
This still doesn't answer the question of why you guys refer customers that come to Evo, and want quality work done by Evo over to a known crappy muffler shop. Everyone associated with Evo that has posted on here has admitted in some form that they do crappy work. If Evo did recommend him to go to a crappy muffler shop that screwed up and burnt his new tires up, how does that reflect back on Evo? And then to come on here and keep responding with, "but you had you work done at Mighty Muffler we have nothing to do with them". That's just bad judgment, business and customer service.

Lets turn this around 180, if the work done by Mighty Muffler was top notch and made it into magazine shoots and the talk of all the forums and Evo was credited with the work, would you correct the false credit and say, "No, that work was done by Mighty Muffler, not Evo", I think not. You guys need to make this right, you referred him to a crappy shop that most people believe is an extension of Evo.

If you don't want to be associated with them you should break ALL TIES, including referring work to them.

Not one of my employees talked to Mike about the last Job he got done.....

Back on February 23rd, 2008 Mike got a Custom 3" IRS Catback System done by Mighty Muffler and from what I was told Mike was thrilled about and the job was flawless. Mike went back to Mighty Muffler to get another job done based on that great experience.

Fred

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Not one of my employees talked to Mike about the last Job he got done.....

Back on February 23rd, 2008 Mike got a Custom 3" IRS Catback System done by Mighty Muffler and from what I was told Mike was thrilled about and the job was flawless. Mike went back to Mighty Muffler to get another job done based on that great experience.

Fred

One, I got a full down pipe back exhaust which I told you I was very happy with. I credited Evolutions on multiple boards.
Two, I dropped my car off in the AM becuase I loaded the car on a trailer the night before. I was worried that it wasn't going to fit. The car was so low it barely got on the trailor. I had to return the trailer by 12 the next day. The time you guys kept the bays open for me was when I left the shop after the 4" dp and the car started getting hot down the road. You waited till I let it cool down and then drove it back. It just needed to be burped. No big deal and I wasn't upset at all. I know how tricky burping these cars can be.
Three, so who was the guy that was fabbing those down pipe when I walked in? Cuase he surely wasn't either of the two guys I ever saw in the MM bays. Just saying.....

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Wasnt it evo that was selling the 4" downpipes to their customers that were replicated from his car that they never did anything to?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread