Do Certain Colors Bring More Money on the Used Terminator Market?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Personally for muscle cars I have always preferred flat, but vibrant colors. To me Comp Orange, Screaming Yellow, Torch Red, and even the Black or Oxford White are more befitting of a raw, American rwd V8 like the Terminator instead of the colors with the metal flake.

My coupe is Sonic Blue and I do love it, but to me the metallic in it is a bit too "fancy", for lack of a better word, and the blue has too much purple in it. I think Ford would have really hit it out of the park if they made Terminators in something like Bright Atlantic Blue, or Azure Blue.

A guy here in California did a Terminator clone in BAB a few years ago and it looked amazing at the Fab Fords show.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My top 3 would be.....
* Redfire
* Dark Shadow Gray
* Competition Orange

I wish Ford had done the Terminator clothed in Dark Highland Green and Bright Atlantic Blue.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Top colors for a vert
Comp Orange 72
Satin Silver 81
Oxford White 128
Mineral Grey 154

Coupes
Satin 242
Comp 281
Screaming Yellow 299
Mineral 302

Mystic Chrome
Coupe 515
Vert 495

Attachments

• 20171019_161322110.jpg
    20171019_161322110.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Top colors for a vert
Satin Silver 81
Comp Orange 72*
Oxford White 128
Mineral Grey 154

Coupes
Satin 242
Comp 281
Screaming Yellow 299
Mineral 302

Mystic Chrome
Coupe 515
Vert 495

Fixed for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
lol numbers don't lie, I'll keep my old man color.

? Co vert’s only 72 were made. I actually love MG by the way only saw that color on two terminators around here years ago.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
yep just 72 the true unicorn, A lady in my area has one

You wrote 82 in your original post, that's why he said fixed it for you

I didn't know how I would really feel about owning a yellow car but seeing mine in person, I fall in love with it again and again every time I see it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
these cars look great in every color, it's all just personal preference

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Silver is my favorite color out of the bunch and Id prefer that over the other colors but Id take almost any color car if it was the right one. Zinc Yellow is actually a nice color too if you see it in person. I might be partial to the two colors since I own two new edges in those colors.

KBR

Established Member
another vote for all the colors...it definitely is personal preference
rarer combos seem to fetch more $$$...myself, I prefer the metallic colors a little more

'04 Redfire one of 159

PS hope to see some of you local guys(SE Mass/RI) at a show/cruise night once the goods weather hits
33120382_2163900487176842_7710835566253703168_o(A).jpg
IMG_1406.JPG

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
these cars look great in every color, it's all just personal preference

Totally!

That said, I do like having a color that most have never seen in person. When I take the Mystichrome 04 out, it gets a lot of attention/love. Even non-car guys or Mustang guys will be drawn to it and want to chat about it. Most have never seen anything like it, which is fun.

These cars are awesome in every color Ford painted them in, I just like the “wow factor” of the color-changing paint.

Systemax302

Established Member
MG is my favorite color for the Terminators... Wasn't able to find myself one though. Ended up getting a SM 10th coupe. I always liked the different features of the 10th cars so it worked out, but I'd still love to have an MG coupe.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
As for being caller terminator . The 2-3 color that defind . Mean and imtimidate . Aggressive .
BLACK
RED
DSG

The rest are just Barbie and rainbow .

Dodge made the most aggressive muscle car look on the market . And there most color are red and black .

For collector stand point . They tent to get which ever color that having lowest production and lowes miles .

When I was 17-18 I have a chance to go sema cars show and have a chance to speak to cars and driver magazine owner ( president of the company ) or how ever you want to call it . I ask him what his favore color when it come to cars . He say he seen hundred and hundred of cars photo shoot . And the 3 color you want when it come to keep the car forever and look good in the garage are basic color . black white and red . The Rest are look good in the magazine but not something you want to keep forever .

Since then tent to follow his mind set . All my cars are either red or black .

As the end of the day . It’s all up to you .

04torchred

Established Member
I ended up with a Torch Red 04 Coupe due to it being one of the last Cobras left in Alberta at the time. I always wanted a silver or dark shadow grey color, but the red has grown on me. Owned it since new in October of 04.

Talleywacker

Established Member
I didn't even get to pick my color at least some of you guys are lucky enough to choose. I would of much preferred CO or SB. But when my uncle offered me up his 11k mile original owner redfire for 20k I couldn't refuse.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I didn't even get to pick my color at least some of you guys are lucky enough to choose. I would of much preferred CO or SB. But when my uncle offered me up his 11k mile original owner redfire for 20k I couldn't refuse.

You got a steal, one owner, low miles, amazing price. Redfire looks amazing too.

Users who are viewing this thread