Do Certain Colors Bring More Money on the Used Terminator Market?

HPLouis

Established Member
Oh man...what a blast from the past. I sold the vert and a month later I got promoted. I was freaking pissed!!! At least I was able to pay off my credit card bills and then, low and behold, a coupe shows up in Jersey. As much as I didn't want to come back, I found myself heading to Jersey to buy the couple.

Damn cars........

Talleywacker

Established Member
Thanks but he deducted the issues the car has from the value. When I'm done I'll be about 28k total which is a fair price. The car has never been registered it's entire life. He bought it cash back in late 02 and he's owned it ever since and the car has lived its life as a racecar. Stock exterior, stock interior other than simpson 5 points, roll bar and a corbeau driver seat. But he invested heavily into suspension, brakes and power. But since it was a track car that got towed to race tracks across america all of it's miles are from racing. Maybe 800ish miles are some occasional rips around the house but he didn't take it far since after purchase he let the original tags expire and he never took it to get inspected due to the fuel cell and supporting mods it wouldn't pass inspection.

SO it needs some paint and it has the driving history so he gave me what he thought was fair price.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Walk away !

Thanks but he deducted the issues the car has from the value. When I'm done I'll be about 28k total which is a fair price. The car has never been registered it's entire life. He bought it cash back in late 02 and he's owned it ever since and the car has lived its life as a racecar. Stock exterior, stock interior other than simpson 5 points, roll bar and a corbeau driver seat. But he invested heavily into suspension, brakes and power. But since it was a track car that got towed to race tracks across america all of it's miles are from racing. Maybe 800ish miles are some occasional rips around the house but he didn't take it far since after purchase he let the original tags expire and he never took it to get inspected due to the fuel cell and supporting mods it wouldn't pass inspection.

SO it needs some paint and it has the driving history so he gave me what he thought was fair price.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Been a LOT of reasonably priced terminators showing up all over the place lately, gotta love spring!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Prime time is right now. The prime beef always seems to bring the money, the flank cut guys are smart to work it hard right now.

Yes!

I just listed my 4600 mile Mystichrome vert for sale today.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
As for being caller terminator . The 2-3 color that defind . Mean and imtimidate . Aggressive .
BLACK
RED
DSG

And the 3 color you want when it come to keep the car forever and look good in the garage are basic color . black white and red.

In general I will agree with you, but if you look at car manufactures the colors that are almost ALWAYS available every year are Black, White, Red, Blue and Silver. These are main stay colors and NEVER go out of style. So, when it comes to longevity, in general, you cannot go wrong if you choose a car in one of those colors.

Niche colors such as Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple and Orange are not that desirable in general. Yes, CO is a nice color on the Cobra and desirable because it's a low production number. But, while you're driving down the street how many orange cars do you see on the road? Not very many.

Talleywacker

Established Member
Walk away !

Why would you say that? I don't think you understand how meticulous he is. The car is amazing mechanical condition. The motor was torn down and inspected and rebuilt by a Ford mechanic with all new gaskets and arp hardware. at 9k miles there was no signs of wear. Perhaps it was his relentless maintenance that you guys would think is extremely unnecessary.

My car is the cobra on the lift.

Attachments

• 20140623_172832.jpg
    20140623_172832.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 250

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
As these cars are turning more into a collectible and not as much daily driver, you will want to lean towards colors that WOW people when showing the car off (Screaming Yellow, Comp orange, Mystichrome)..colors like black, gray and silver are nice, just not as much WOW factor.
Also, production numbers are important. The lower number cars will he sought after more (Satin Silver, Comp orange, screaming yellow, possibly mineral gray)..
For someone like myself, it was a huge treasure hunt to find Screaming Yellow with only 299 coupes made, and one in mint condition.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Mystichrome is unique, yet I feel many are preserved and will be common to find in good condition. A lot more were made than people think.

Goose17

Established Member
Mystichrome is unique, yet I feel many are preserved and will be common to find in good condition. A lot more were made than people think.

I’ve been watching Mystichrome cars/prices for quite a few years and it’s rare to see one come up for sale that isn’t well used. Most of the cars I see listed have between 60k - 120k miles. With the eye-popping color changing paint and interior, Mystichrome is the ultimate “wow factor” car as you mentioned above. When I take mine for a drive, it gets attention from all sorts of people... not just Mustang fans. Most have never seen anything like it.

HPLouis

Established Member
I’ve been watching Mystichrome cars/prices for quite a few years and it’s rare to see one come up for sale that isn’t well used. Most of the cars I see listed have between 60k - 120k miles. With the eye-popping color changing paint and interior, Mystichrome is the ultimate “wow factor” car as you mentioned above. When I take mine for a drive, it gets attention from all sorts of people... not just Mustang fans. Most have never seen anything like it.

Very true. I remember taking the convertible out with the top down. Talk about attention. When people saw the color changing paint and interior, they flipped. Even when it bring the car to the Ford dealer, they can't believe it. The Service Advisor didn't want to believe that this was a stock Ford color. It was the mechanic, who also has a Mystichrome, that had to school him on it.

Goose17

Established Member
That's because all the others are in storage.

Funny!

I actually just sold my 4600 mile Mystichrome vert a few minutes ago. I have mixed feelings on the sale. The buyer was blown away at its condition and cleanliness so it is now heading to a new home.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm partial to redfire (obviously) and I really like MG so those would be my top 2.

Users who are viewing this thread