Chicago SVTs and St.Louis SVTs look in here!!!

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I'm game if the track is US41 or somewhere near the Chicago area,the track will definitely need to be IHRA for us to be able to run 11's and not get told to leave otherwise.

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I will be there for sure, I can't believe the smack being talked.. I would love nothing better than to smoke some St. L's boys...

BOTLFED98

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
If you're near STL you're in

Us Chicago guys have people from NW Indiana

thank you! i'd be in for sure....prolly me and another 3 SVTs as well!

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Originally posted by Robertson Racin
I would love nothing better than to smoke some St. L's boys...

better hope that works comes out then or you won't stand a chance again some of these guys.

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
It better.. or your right. If it doesn't, I will bring a little extra something..... I will at least hold my own....

Rwick7

Established Member
I can see where getting some real interest here. It's gonna be tough to get classes that are competitive for everyone. Expecially since we don't really know what everyone has. Hmmm...I guess we have time to sort it all out.

We had a race here last year Stangs vs. F-Bodies called

Midwest Mayhem...I don't want to copy that...but something alond those lines would be cool.

Keeping spreadin the word and someone get ahold of the tracks to see how hard this is gonna be. I'll call Gateway in the next few weeks.

BAKNBLU

Established Member
The easiest way to do it is to have a qualifying round and then pair the fastest from St.L vs. fastest from Chi., #2 St.l vs #2 Chi, etc., etc., Then you don't have to worry about rules and whichever town wins the most rounds is victorious.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
It's gonna be tough to get classes that are competitive for everyone. Expecially since we don't really know what everyone has. Hmmm...I guess we have time to sort it all out.
I came up with a system today that might work. I'll post it in a couple of hours.

Me and Andy were talking, and we've decided to back off a little. There is wayy more interest in this than we had thought. And everyone in the Midwest wants piece. We were even talking about expanding it more. Dana gave the idea of racing at Indy, that'd make it possible to have a Chicago vs. STL vs. Detroit vs. Indy. But thats getting really far ahead of ourselves.

Lets just keep this moving/progressing until we find a track and dates. Then we can go bonanza.

Randy - Are there any events in the Midwest in June? 5th/6th? 12/13th? 19th/20th?

Hank

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by BAKNBLU
The easiest way to do it is to have a qualifying round and then pair the fastest from St.L vs. fastest from Chi., #2 St.l vs #2 Chi, etc., etc., Then you don't have to worry about rules and whichever town wins the most rounds is victorious.
Bingo.

The only problem is that might make it a two day event. :shrug:

Kenny, you better keep that car of yours:)

BAKNBLU

Established Member
Everyone can have there time runs regardless of ET. But for the actual competition it needs to be limited to the top 16 or 32 qualifiers from both areas.

Rwick7

Established Member
WFC is like May 15th or so...after that nothing that I know of until Mod shootout end of July in Columbus that same weekend was Joliet NMRA I believe.

Indy would be fine with me. Let's do it. Call the track and get idea of some dates and we'll go from there.

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Indy is pricey, and it is a NHRA track. Will be some stiffer rules..

If it gets very large, we could see about a sponser?? This is just an idea...

Users who are viewing this thread