Chicago SVTs and St.Louis SVTs look in here!!!

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by 01Venom
How about one of us writes MM&FF a letter or email to let them know about this. A little magazine coverage would be cool.
How about once we have decided what track, rented the track, give the set number of cars to compete, set up our classes, set up the elimination rounds, collected the $$$, have talked to possible sponsers, etc...

THEN we can think about getting a magazine to cover it.

Wiked03

Established Member
I might be in for this if the timing works out.

But considering I have ZERO drag racing experience, I am not sure how much help I would be. :shrug:

Sounds like a fun time either way though!

:beer:

Mystic 544

Established Member
Sounds like a great idea!
Hopefully by next year I'll have 2 SVT's again! Just waiting for Ford to put the big rebate $'s on the Cobra :)
If the track is decided to be Byron or US 41 I know I would be willing to let people crash at my place to help keep costs down. Guessing that most of the other Chicago guys would offer the same!
Keep me in the loop! I'm the Vice Pres. over at www.MidWestFords.org. Happy to help with promotion and other stuff. I'm sure we can get a big group to come out and play!

DillSVT

When do you plan on having this gathering? I'm from Naperville and My SVT Focus and I would love to run over some pussies from St. Louis.

01Venom

Established Member
Originally posted by DillSVT
When do you plan on having this gathering? I'm from Naperville and My SVT Focus and I would love to run over some pussies from St. Louis.

:sleeping: :loser:

Last edited:

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member

Big words for such a small car. :loser: :beer:

hj16

Established Member
Probably next June. Nice to see some local Foci popping up.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member

Sometime in June. Hank and i are getting together this Christmas break to decide on a track, date and costs. We will let you all know when we have it figured out. Oh, and for us St Louis 'pussies', you better have something more than that 2.whatever liter waste of space to f*ck with us. Post trash talk here.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
Im in for next summer.....for sure....hopefully have a few little mods by then..

might be easier to set up a # of mods class for the 03's or better yet, a stock blower and non-stock blower class and non-pullied and pullied class's, trying to keep it fair........

dun4791

Established Member
Hank
Sounds like a good idea to me only SVT's. Count me in. Try E-mailing Tom Scarpello to see if Ford would be interested in being a sponsor or helping out some other way? Tom might like the idea of a midwest shootout for the advertising potential.

PMed you his E-mail

Later Lyle

DEMNSVT

Established Member
Sounds Awsome, just let me know. I may still have this Cobra, but will have atleast one Cobra llaying around to go racing with. Just let me know..
Kevin

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
ummm...Ford watch us drag race? I can just see a rep standing in the timeslip booth...."heres your slip, heres your voided warrantee."

SNK BITN

Established Member
I would be in for this homies!

And for you STL boys, you obviously havent seen any of the smaller chitown message boards. We've got a lot more than a few blown stangs running around this town, and thats just chitown. You dont hear as many fast SVT's from IL cause of the popular street racing scene. If any of those guys do make it, which I'm sure they will after seeing all the trash talked here, your gonna be sadly dissapointed ;)

Dont fock with the windy city!!

cmezip

Established Member

Boy its a good thing us FWD guys from STL can't drive or I would be so offened by that comment.

Users who are viewing this thread