Chicago SVTs and St.Louis SVTs look in here!!!

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Okay, Route 66 is out of the question. $10,000+ for a Sat/Sun :xpl:

Other choices are:

Cordova http://www.cordovadrag.com/
US41 http://www.dragnbreath.com/US41Dragway/index.html

US41 is looking like the most plausible of the two, but we'll see. I dont know how many people would want to have this at a trak like 41.

I think US41 seems the most reasonable pricewise, and its not too far to drive in a day. There are many places to stay there also. What do you all think about tires? Personally, I dont want to allow slicks. DR's would be fine for everyone. Any opinions? Let's just all make sure this happens. It would be tons of fun and great time to meet everyone. Keep the shit talking Chi guys. We will love to stuff it in your faces when we drive home happy.

Also, should we make this just the surrounding areas of St Louis and Chicago, or just full out Missouri and Illinois SVT's? If thats the case, im recruiting Brian and his 585 hp 03.
Andrew :rockon:

Last edited:

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Chicago Suburbs/ St. Louis

I am game... let me know when more information available. I am assuming at this point we are looking for spring time? I can hand out flyers in the Chicago and suburb areas. Keep me posted.

I am coming stock though... :0(

blk96SVT

Established Member
Count me in for the 96-01 crowd!! I would love to attend an event like this and whoop on some st.louis butt! J/K! I need some more mods (DR's hopefully by next spring).

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by Scream'nCobra
I think US41 seems the most reasonable pricewise, and its not too far to drive in a day. There are many places to stay there also. What do you all think about tires? Personally, I dont want to allow slicks. DR's would be fine for everyone. Any opinions? Let's just all make sure this happens. It would be tons of fun and great time to meet everyone. Keep the shit talking Chi guys. We will love to stuff it in your faces when we drive home happy.

Also, should we make this just the surrounding areas of St Louis and Chicago, or just full out Missouri and Illinois SVT's? If thats the case, im recruiting Brian and his 585 hp 03.
Andrew :rockon:

I say full out Missouri and Illinois...CAUSE I WANT IN!!! I think it would be a great time. A little "Friendly" racing and alot of
bullsh!ttin' with some new friends!!:rockon:

:beer:

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by venom279
I say full out Missouri and Illinois...CAUSE I WANT IN!!! I think it would be a great time. A little "Friendly" racing and alot of
bullsh!ttin' with some new friends!!:rockon:

:beer:
If you're near STL you're in

Us Chicago guys have people from NW Indiana

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
I was looking at that contest you guys are trying to come up with...sounds like it would kick ass if you guys can get it to happen! I know would be down to showing up. Maybe we can work something out to where I just run my car by myself to help out or show what turbo cars can do ? or something cuz I would love to come but I dont live in those states I really 100% would be down to making the trip, 1) because I havent ran the car yet at a track to see what it will do. and 2) Just to hang out with some people that love stangs.

any thoughts?

02REDL

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
I was down in Frankfort (by Joliet) but my family moved to Bloomington when I left for College.
Cool, my Mom and Brother live in Frankfort, Im out that way alot. Jeff

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by T-88 SALEEN
I was looking at that contest you guys are trying to come up with...sounds like it would kick ass if you guys can get it to happen! I know would be down to showing up. Maybe we can work something out to where I just run my car by myself to help out or show what turbo cars can do ? or something cuz I would love to come but I dont live in those states I really 100% would be down to making the trip, 1) because I havent ran the car yet at a track to see what it will do. and 2) Just to hang out with some people that love stangs.

any thoughts?

Where are you from anyway? Id be interested to see what you can do too. Maybe we can have a car show. You are more than welcome to come, we arent going to shun anyone really, but just the SVTs from the St Louis area and Chicago area are involved in the brackets.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Im from Texas...I'd be down to doing a car show/ race or T&T for myself since I'm really not an SVT I dont think it would be fair to other SVT member's that would have to race me or whatever ?

any thoughts?

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Where in Texas? I think you're right. You can run it no problem to see what you can do. Im sure a lot of people would be interested in talking to you since you obviously know turbos. Plus if you are just looking for a good time and wanting to meet some SVT enthusiasts, then dont hesitate to come on up. Just keep in touch!

Users who are viewing this thread