Chicago SVTs and St.Louis SVTs look in here!!!

hj16

Established Member
I've already contacted about 20 people about their opinions on this through PM, but I figured I'd get more responses by starting a thread.

Please give me your opinions/suggestions/interest on this. I want to do everything possible to make this happen.

Hank
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVT Chicago vs. SVT St. Louis

This is just a idea me (hj16, Chicago) and Andrew (Scream’nCobra, St. Louis) came up with when we were hanging out together. Tell us what you think.

What?
Day long competition for bragging rights of fastest SVT city in the Midwest

Where?
Me and Andrew thought that Route 66 in Joliet would be the best location due to the lack of good tracks in central IL. All we don’t know is how much it costs to rent the track out for an entire day.

How Many Cars?
We think that 20 versus 20 would be the minimum, but the more the merrier.

When?
Next year obviously. Maybe sometime in Late May/Early June. Open to suggestions.

What about the competition?
Chicago SVTs versus St. Louis SVTs

Classes:
03/04 Cobras
96-01 Cobras
93-95 Cobras
93-95 Lightnings
99-04 Lightnings
SVT Contours
SVT Focus’

On the Line: Bragging rights and maybe some prizes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously this is in the extreme early stages of development, we are just looking for suggestions/ideas. And to check for interest.

Thanks for Reading,

Hank (hj16)

Last edited:

Venomized281

Established Member
That sounds like a good idea.:thumbsup: It would be a great outting if it were to happen. Keep us Midwest people informed.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Definately a cool idea! I'd show up just to watch and hang out :)

I'm only about 45 minutes from Cordova, too.

Definately keep us posted :rockon:

Last edited:

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Sorry Hank, I don't think you want to do that.

I've been around a lot of both, and the STL guys are far more modded. Hell, two people in my town have aftermarket blowers and one is currently running nitrous. And I live in a small part of the west side STL. I know it was this summer when I was up there, but it seemed like people were trying to decide if they should pulley or not and down here they are trying to decide which blower to get.

Last edited:

Rwick7

Established Member
Paul - I told him he didn't want any :)

I'll spread this thread around...sounds like a great idea

Why not come down here to Gateway...it's a pretty nice facility. I'm sure for this to be in the right price range...were gonna need more than 40 cars though.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by hssss03
Sorry Hank, I don't think you want to do that.

I've been around a lot of both, and the STL guys are far more modded. Hell, two people in my town have aftermarket blowers and one is currently running nitrous. And I live in a small part of the west side STL. I know it was this summer when I was up there, but it seemed like people were trying to decide if they should pulley or not and down here they are trying to decide which blower to get.
Paul, you think too far in the past. :D

We've got a couple getting aftermarket blowers, and a couple more who got pullied to the high 400s. Its a long time from now till next year.

Now only if Kenny didn't have to sell his 03.:cryying:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I've never been to Cordova. If you have it there, I bet some of the moderators and members from that area would come. That would be a fun event.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
Paul - I told him he didn't want any :)

I'll spread this thread around...sounds like a great idea

Why not come down here to Gateway...it's a pretty nice facility. I'm sure for this to be in the right price range...were gonna need more than 40 cars though.
Randy, could you try looking into Gateway for me? I think we can get 40 cars no problem. I think I can get at least 30 SVTs from up here alone.

BTW - I want ALL of it :coolman:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I will bring my Cobra and Contour. Should make out for a great event. We should go to 41 so their really fast cars don't hook up... lol, jk. 41 is probably the best bet since they are really lenient on roll bars and stuff, especially for us VERT guys

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
I've never been to Cordova. If you have it there, I bet some of the moderators and members from that area would come. That would be a fun event.

I've been there but have never made a pass on the track. Some of my friends have and I never heard them complain about it.

I'm guessing it has to be pretty decent if they host The World Series of Drag Racing there. Fun Ford Weekend has an event there as well.

96cobrakid

Established Member
Im defiantly game, are we gonna keep this an ONLY SVT event? I think that would be sweet, well only SVT's can run. Ill road trip wherever we decide

Users who are viewing this thread