Brown Recluse? Ran over my toes!!

phil'snotch

Established Member
If you find more than one I would definitely take action in your house. If I'm doing a brown recluse treatment in a house I treat under all baseboards, pull all the receptacle/ light switch covers off and treat behind those. Pull everything out of the closets and treat there, under all pieces of furniture, strip the bed to the basics and treat all cracks, etc etc.

Very involved treatment...they pay well.

what do they do, spray the house? doesnt that process make them come out from hiding?

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
lol2i.gif
Oh gawd, Please have someone take a pic of you!!!!!! or even set the self timer we need a pic of this or this thread will not be complete.

dude, this is no bueno.. I am leaving in a minute to go to my sisters house because I do not like spiders, i guess i will have to burn down the house

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
If you find more than one I would definitely take action in your house. If I'm doing a brown recluse treatment in a house I treat under all baseboards, pull all the receptacle/ light switch covers off and treat behind those. Pull everything out of the closets and treat there, under all pieces of furniture, strip the bed to the basics and treat all cracks, etc etc.

Very involved treatment...they pay well.

Sounds similiar to a bed bug treatment

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
what do they do, spray the house? doesnt that process make them come out from hiding?

I work in pest control. I use a dust formula for the majority of a treatment for brown recluse spiders because of the long life and quick kill of this formulation. Not much spraying going on at all.

Yes...it will run them out of hiding but you won't see them alive for long. Definitely check under upholstered furniture (couches and such) before sitting...

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
dude, this is no bueno.. I am leaving in a minute to go to my sisters house because I do not like spiders, i guess i will have to burn down the house

You're probably going to have to or else they'll breed.......

191273118_8d92fcf4fb.jpg

Just F****n' wit ya!

dudemang2

Established Member
look at the eyes

Identifying and Misidentifying the Brown Recluse Spider

The cephalothorax of a preserved desert recluse showing the characteristic recluse eye pattern and a uniformly colored cephalothorax (photo by R. Vetter ©)

Identifying the Brown Recluse Spider
One can readily learn how to identify recluse spiders with less than a minute's training. Whereas most U.S. spiders have 8 eyes, typically arranged in 2 rows of 4, the recluse spiders have 6 eyes arranged in pairs (dyads) with one anterior dyad and 2 lateral dyads (Fig. 1). All 13 species of U.S. recluses (11 native, 2 non-native) share the same eye pattern. In many publications, the violin pattern on the cephalothorax (the first body part to which the legs attach) is mentioned as a diagnostic characteristic (Fig 2). Although it is quite consistent in adult brown recluses (although it can fade in preserved specimens), many western U.S. recluse species and some young brown recluses have virtually no contrasting pigmentation in the violin region (Fig. 3, 4). In addition, recluse spiders have abdomens that are devoid of coloration pattern and their legs are covered with fine hairs but lack thickened spines.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
does it really matter???

if it has 8 legs ****ing kill it!!!!!!

KenSeltzer

Established Member
Good thing I live in Philadelphia . The only thing that might kill us are other people with guns . Well at least you can see that coming . Oh yeah and Daddy long legs .

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
Identifying and Misidentifying the Brown Recluse Spider

The cephalothorax of a preserved desert recluse showing the characteristic recluse eye pattern and a uniformly colored cephalothorax (photo by R. Vetter ©)

Identifying the Brown Recluse Spider
One can readily learn how to identify recluse spiders with less than a minute's training. Whereas most U.S. spiders have 8 eyes, typically arranged in 2 rows of 4, the recluse spiders have 6 eyes arranged in pairs (dyads) with one anterior dyad and 2 lateral dyads (Fig. 1). All 13 species of U.S. recluses (11 native, 2 non-native) share the same eye pattern. In many publications, the violin pattern on the cephalothorax (the first body part to which the legs attach) is mentioned as a diagnostic characteristic (Fig 2). Although it is quite consistent in adult brown recluses (although it can fade in preserved specimens), many western U.S. recluse species and some young brown recluses have virtually no contrasting pigmentation in the violin region (Fig. 3, 4). In addition, recluse spiders have abdomens that are devoid of coloration pattern and their legs are covered with fine hairs but lack thickened spines.

dont look like it

100_0204.gif

phil'snotch

Established Member
I work in pest control. I use a dust formula for the majority of a treatment for brown recluse spiders because of the long life and quick kill of this formulation. Not much spraying going on at all.

Yes...it will run them out of hiding but you won't see them alive for long. Definitely check under upholstered furniture (couches and such) before sitting...

um, ok, wanna send me a bottle or two,? lol

crazyj0n

Established Member
Yep thats a brown recluse. What if you took the venom and made a blow dart and shot someone in the neck?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
F*ck this, a fly just landed on my arm and I just about went through the ceiling. These threads freak me out.

Users who are viewing this thread