• X-pipe w/o cats

Votes: 112 24.2%
  • H-pipe w/o cats

Votes: 79 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullitt01

I like the sound of the x-pipe without cats, I think it gives it a more throatier sound, I have a upr off road x without cats and it sounds great even though mine is through my stock mufflers I will eventually get some after market mufflers

BLUBYU2

Established Member
VENOMOUS 10TH said:
I dynoed at 435 with stock H and replaced with prochamber and only went up to 439. And that was after a dyno tune. Those are the only two combo's I have heard with the stingers. IMO, I'd rather give up 5 hp to have a nice sounding mustang than have a truck sounding one. Good luck!

If this is the case then what is the point in changing the midpipe? Sound? I could think of a better way to spend a couple of hundred dollars. IMO.

kilroy

Powered by Ford/FRPP/ATS
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
how much do you guys think they STINGERS will add by themselves?
This was my first mod (aside from then drop-in K&N) Going from completely stock setup to swapping on the Stingers, mine made +28rwhp. This was done @ Team Ford in Atlanta a year ago & the car was off the rollers for 30 minutes for the swap, then driven on the dyno until up to temp before the "after" pulls were made.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
BLUBYU2 said:
If this is the case then what is the point in changing the midpipe? Sound? I could think of a better way to spend a couple of hundred dollars. IMO.
Yes, mainly sound. I couldn't stand driving my car cause it sounded like a truck!
Also, I couldn't get a refund for the prochamber cause my vendor said I had to talk to Mac who then said I did not buy it from them so they couldn't return it but said they would replace it with another prochamber. I paid the difference for the MRT H and comparing it to the stock H I left it on and replaced the stingers. I am happy with my setup now but I sure do miss those 4 inch rolled tips though.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Chi-Town Cobra said:
With the pc & borla combo do they bolt together OK! What do you think the H. P. increase would be?
They bolt together just fine, no hp #'s yet though...

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
hah i was reading some of my comments from when i was new to all this, kinda funny... i'm still pretty new it's just funny to listen to myself back then

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
personally I have the stingers and love them BUT they could be louder--I was considering going with a basanni X with cats reason being I heard that running an O/R pipe will sacrafice a little bit of torque down low mind you I don't know how true that is seeing how there are soo many different variations and setups so dont take my word on that . I had the prochamber o/r midpipe + MAC cat backs on my old GT and can honestly say they that the setup was loud as hell and sounded aewsome+performance was good--however a 4 valve motor produces a different pitch not to mention the arrangement of the cat backs due to the IRS so once again I am undecided on which mid pipe will give me the best of both worlds --decient power and a loud (good) sound. I can agree I do not want my cobra sounding like a truck.

Last edited:

acrod

Established Member
These are all with stingers though, with a less aggressive sounding catback you can get a catless or catted h-pipe and not have it sounding horrendous.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Got the O/R BBK X with Stingers. It sounds awful! Doesn't sound like a muscle car anymore! I'm thinking on changing the mufflers from the stingers cat back or going back to my stock H!

bssmith1220

Established Member
My mrt catted h and stinger cat back is the best soundeing exhaust I've heard personally. I wouldn't ever change it.

03 VENOM

Established Member
I'm looking for a soundclip of stingers and o/r prochamber

Thanks
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread