Status
Not open for further replies.

stangfreak

Established Member
03 VENOM said:
I'm looking for a soundclip of stingers and o/r prochamber

Thanks
Mark

that was my last combo. i couldnt drive it around. it was too loud for me and at wot it was retarted loud. very very agressive combo and will grab anyones attention. if you like loud cars, this is the best combo. the growl was crazy and it was just a nasty combo

machsp33d

Jim Garv
Established Member
damn! bassani catted x always sounds good with stingers! Just curious about the prochamber! wheres the vids?!?! :shrug:

XLER84.6

Established Member
Has anyone tried the regular Borla cat-back with turbo mufflers not the stingers? If so how you like?

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
Stingers

We just installed a Borla Stinger cat-back on my 03 yesterday with a stock H-pipe and it sounds awesome!! :beer: The Stinger set-up came off of an 03 with an offroad Prochamber and it was very loud, even in the car. It was more raspy with the Prochamber. It is very deep with the H-pipe! :pepper:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
How do the Stingers sound on the highway with a catted X cruising? Radio or cell phones no go?

ravis217

Wanted: 03/04 Cobra
Established Member
would you recommend a catted h-pipe or the stock h-pipe with the stingers.

Also what do you think about Kooks LT headers, catted h or x-pipe, and the stingers?

Todd03Blown

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
How do the Stingers sound on the highway with a catted X cruising? Radio or cell phones no go?
I have the stock H pipe and stinger CB and it is noisy on the road to say the least. I use a bluetooth ear piece and for the folks on the other end of the line it is very loud and hard to hear what I am saying. So needless to say I dont do very many conference calls while driving in the cobra. Radio I have no issues with just turn it up:D

Todd03Blown

Established Member
ravis217 said:
would you recommend a catted h-pipe or the stock h-pipe with the stingers.

Also what do you think about Kooks LT headers, catted h or x-pipe, and the stingers?
catted H or stock H will yeild about the same sound more of less. you will get a little more HP with the catted H compared to the stock H. I would think LT's, catted H and stingers would sounds AWESOME!! I will eventually go that route with my car.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
hey guys quick question. I might have a tremendous deal on a bassani cated x and was wondering will it sound ok. I think I like the sound of the mrt h better, but im getting the x for about a fifth of a new mrt h. So what do you guys think. I love the way it sounds with the stock h, so should I do it, or wait for the H. Thanks for the opinions guys

WikedCobra

Established Member
I just installed a SS Bassani catted X pipe to go with my Stingers. At idle the car sounds great. However, for me at least, I think it's a little to loud for normal daily driving. It has a very annoying drone around 2k to 2.5k. After that, it sounds great. I'd be happy with it if I could just get rid of that annoying drone.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
WikedCobra said:
I just installed a SS Bassani catted X pipe to go with my Stingers. At idle the car sounds great. However, for me at least, I think it's a little to loud for normal daily driving. It has a very annoying drone around 2k to 2.5k. After that, it sounds great. I'd be happy with it if I could just get rid of that annoying drone.

+1 I'm also running the Bassani catted X-pipe and the Borla Stinger cat-back system and it's almost unbearable in the car around 2K rpm. Something's gotta go and I haven't decided whether I'm gonna put the stock H-pipe back on the car or go with the quieter Borla system...:shrug:

- Aj -

Established Member
FlaSeaDude said:
+1 I'm also running the Bassani catted X-pipe and the Borla Stinger cat-back system and it's almost unbearable in the car around 2K rpm. Something's gotta go and I haven't decided whether I'm gonna put the stock H-pipe back on the car or go with the quieter Borla system...:shrug:

Just swap to a catted H. Mine is not that bad like you describe yours is.

WTF D00D

Established Member
to each his own but IMO the Borlas sound too bubbly, liike the car is underwater...

I have OR/X and Flowmasters and sounds awesome, heard some good sounds with Bissani also. I also have little or no drone problem.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
FlaSeaDude said:

Well, I made my desision and I ordered the "quieter" Borla SS catback system (P/N 14858). It should be here next week and I'll get the systems switched out next weekend.

ygf2002

2004 SVT Exhaust

Just curious. Have you installe your Borla exhaust?
I am stuck between orderng the the Stinger (140052) or less agreesive sound (14858). I concerned with ehaust drone in the Car during highway driving.

I will be using the Stock H-Pipe

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
Narcosynthesis said:
The stingers aren't that loud. Not sure why everyone go nuts saying they are the loudest thing in the world.

I had a camaro SS with longtubes, no cats and an SLP loudmouth. Now that's a loud exhaust.

with my bullitt, i had o/r xpipe and slp loud mouth2... there are a few people on these boards that could attest to the fact that it was probably the loudest street driven car in our county...! good lord i loved every second of it!!!!

the looks on all the peoples faces is priceless... as you pass them at WOT, they look at you like "what the F*CK was that... an airplane?"

wouldnt change it for the world!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
If you are concerned about drone during highway driving, get the 14858. The drone is minimal. With the stingers, kiss your radio, talking on the cell phone, or driving long periods of time with the windows up goodbye.

ygf2002 said:
Just curious. Have you installe your Borla exhaust?
I am stuck between orderng the the Stinger (140052) or less agreesive sound (14858). I concerned with ehaust drone in the Car during highway driving.

I will be using the Stock H-Pipe

snake134

^^^^^mabey for you....i think stingers with anything sound horrible, but alone they are the best soundind catback out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread