• H-pipe w/o cats

Votes: 79 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I was wondering which I should get with my stinger. I like the way it sounds now, and I don't want it really loud. I have read that the h and x pipe don't really add any peak hp, but hey do add a little down low and in the mid range. That's what I want. Also should I go with cats or without. Thanks for the opinions.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the Stinger with Bassani O/R X-pipe and it sounds wicked. It is a little loud though. Which may be the case with any mid pipe that doesn't have cats. As soon as I find a cat that can hold up to the HP the Cobras are putting out I will put them in.

I drove mine for a couple days with the factory H-pipe on it and it sounded ok. Now with the X I really like the sound. After the re-dyno (changed to O/R X and did minor tuning adjustment) I picked up 10 HP and 10 TQ. The gain could easliy be attributed to weather changes also.

Last edited:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
The stingers aren't that loud. Not sure why everyone go nuts saying they are the loudest thing in the world.

I had a camaro SS with longtubes, no cats and an SLP loudmouth. Now that's a loud exhaust.

sb03cobra

Established Member
Well I have a Prochamber with my Stingers and it's very loud at WOT. At idle it has a nice deep tone.

cbrtrx

Established Member
SURFNERV, with stingers you want to go with a x pipe, although they will get pretty loud with no cats, the magnaflow with cats is not bad and not to loud either, when i switched pipes with out cats i picked up 10 horsepower

Wayneo

Established Member
Narcosynthesis, You are right about that one because I had the same setup on my 2000 SS.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I would imagine that setup would be loud on a camaro. I heard just the slp loudmouth cat back is very very loud.

I ended up getting the mac prochamber, and it's pretty dang loud with the stingers

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I like the sound of the H better. X is a little quieter, can't say on the power difference. I would go with an H for the deeper sound.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Any of you guys with prochamber have any sound clips? I have been going back and forth between that and the MRT h-pipe.

stangfreak

Established Member
the stingers are not loud? lol ever heard a stinger with an o/r x? LOUD. i have the stinger with the stock h-pipe and let me tell you, its loud enough. sounds mean as hell.

Orange Poison

Established Member
My advice to you is if you have the Stinger like I do....keep the stock H! The sound will never get better with the Stinger IMO. You'll mess up the sound and wish you never had.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Well I had the stock H with my Stingers and it sounded really great,,,but I just went with the Mac Pro Chamber and I think it sounds even better now!!!It's very loud at WOT but just cruising I think it's perfect!!!

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Like others said, go w/ H-pipe to keep that deep Stinger sound.. X will kinda ruin it from the ones I heard.. I love the way they sound with the stock H as well

chitowncobra

Established Member
i have the new Borla catback (not the stinger) part no. 140052 S TYPE MUFFLERS. there are 5 inches round 10 inches long w/4 inch tips 12 inches long. i have them paired with BBK longtubes and BBK O/R H pipe. your talking race car going down the street. i get nothing but thumbs up. even my dyno tuner at the performance shop closes his ears when my car is on the dyno!!!!!

Last edited:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
My advice to you is if you have the Stinger like I do....keep the stock H! The sound will never get better with the Stinger IMO. You'll mess up the sound and wish you never had.

I will second that. I have had the stingers with a prochamber and an mrt catted h and they just made it sound like it had glasspacks on initial throttle. Stick with the stock H and stingers.

:beer:
Scott

No Hero

Custom User Title
Established Member
Originally posted by chitowncobra
i have the new Borla catback (not the stinger) part no. 140052 S TYPE MUFFLERS. there are 5 inches round 10 inches long w/4 inch tips 12 inches long. i have them paired with BBK longtubes and BBKO/R H pipe. your talking race car going down the street. i get nothing but thumbs up. even my dyno tuner at the performance shop closes his ears when my car is on the dyno!!!!!

I believe that the 140052 S is the stingers. We sell Borla and Im almost sure that is the stinger part number

chitowncobra

Established Member
i talked to a borla tech at borla they told me there two types of borla catback for the cobra, the stingers which are quieter. and the new borla catback part no. 140052 for the 1999-2004 COBRA which is alot louder. believe me i researched this very carefully.

Last edited:

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Ihave the Stingers with pro chamber and it doesn't sound anything like glasspacks:??: If it did I wouldn't recommend this setup!!!

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by chitowncobra
i talked to a borla tech at borla they told me there two types of borla catback for the cobra, the stingers which are quieter. and the new borla catback part no. 140052 for the 1999-2004 COBRA which is alot louder. believe me i researched this very carefully.

I want a sound clip right now. Not saying I don't believe you (in fact quite the opposite), but I want to hear this Borla catback that is "alot louder" than the Stinger. I am MORE than just interested. PLEASE post a clip.

On all the sites I've ever been on though 140052 is the Stinger part #. Even on Borla's site, the catback they have listed for Part# 140052 is the Stinger. Perhaps another vendor could weigh in on this. Check out Borla Part# 140052 here.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a sound/video clip.... I'm sure others are interested as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread