Bolt-On All Motor AED GT goes 10's:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Nice are your other mods listed somewhere??

In addition to what I listed, I have:

AED tune
JLT intake
Pypes 3 inch X
Jeg's cat deletes
3 inch Bullets as resonators
GT500s (I recently swapped to 40 series Flows)
Barton bracket
UPR shifter
Race stars front and back

My car is a 300a Brembo car. I credit Shaun's tune with most of my success. That and seat time. I have over 50 passes in this car.

Mike

Shaun@AED

Shaun, now that you have officially broken the 11 sec. barrier with the stock air box how about throwing on an aftermarket CAI and seeing what happens? I still find the modularfords official party line that they do nothing hard to swallow.

Current plans are to install the Boss IM, Airaid CAI, and throw the 3.73's back in, then head out to the track in negative DA for some record breaking times.

How are your auto tunes? Got them down?
They're ok. Comparable to VMP's IMO.

I thought Adam had a good handle on the tuning himself. :shrug: but I guess if the support is there thats a good thing, thanks for the info I look forward to seeing Adam in a few weeks to defend my street class shootout title from last years 5.0 Mustangs shootout. :beer:

Did your car start out as a 300A car or a loaded luxury car? If its a 300A car that 3600 sounds high with your weight reduction mods listed. Our 300A car was 3695lbs stock with me in it and I'm 150lbs and when it went 11.19, 10.97 and 10.88 it was 3550 with me in it. :beer:
Scale it next time you run a number.

JJ

Adam DOES have the 5.0's down, hence why I trust him to fine tune and dial in ANY Coyote I send his way.
300A and it weighed 3605 with a full tank of fuel on our scales NO driver Bone stock.

Front sway bar still in the car ?

Yes, my car is Wheels/Tire change and Strut/shock adjustments away from kicking butt on the Road Course.

Shaun@AED

Shaun,
What RPM's are you launching at? Is your clutch/pressure plate and flywheel upgraded? If so, what did you go with? Which flywheel Is better for street/strip use steel or aluminum?

Stock clutch w/200+ passes on it.
Leaving the line at 5K+

gs462

Established Member
In addition to what I listed, I have:

AED tune
JLT intake
Pypes 3 inch X
Jeg's cat deletes
3 inch Bullets as resonators
GT500s (I recently swapped to 40 series Flows)
Barton bracket
UPR shifter
Race stars front and back

My car is a 300a Brembo car. I credit Shaun's tune with most of my success. That and seat time. I have over 50 passes in this car.

Mike

Do you like the flows better? or was there another reason you switched?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Do you like the flows better? or was there another reason you switched?

I got the setup and tried them out. Custom welded into a stock axleback. Not a sound everyone will love, but I like it. Very deep at idle and that "hollow can" old school 5.0 sound under WOT. GT500s sound great, but I am always looking for something different.

Mike

gs462

Established Member
I LOVE the old 5.0 flowmaster sound. Ill have to see if anyone local has them. Louder than the gt500s?

White608

Go faster
Established Member
Me or Shaun?

Mine is still in. I think Shaun may have put his back in, not sure. Mine is coming out though.

Mike

Either of you, I see both of you replied. I was thinking of taking it off at the track to see if anything changed in 60ft.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member

Adam DOES have the 5.0's down, hence why I trust him to fine tune and dial in ANY Coyote I send his way.
300A and it weighed 3605 with a full tank of fuel on our scales NO driver Bone stock.

I sent you a PM a few days ago....Did you get it?

GrnBullitt08

Established Member
Shaun,
This thread makes me want to send you my data logs off my Lund tune to see what you think of it. Would be interesting to read you insight on it. My buddies PW 2012 runs one of your AED tunes and my car seems to run door to door with it despite having a 3.31 gear to his 3.73 and stock tires. (He runs a 315 DR)

65sohc

Established Member
Current plans are to install the Boss IM, Airaid CAI, and throw the 3.73's back in, then head out to the track in negative DA for some record breaking times.

Yes, my car is Wheels/Tire change and Strut/shock adjustments away from kicking butt on the Road Course.

It would really be interesting to see if your ET and/or speed changed with just the CAI.

97snakebite

Established Member
They've never had a problem in past, and I don't predict them ever having a problem in the future. People seem to think AED is a new shop when they aren't.. They've been busy/booked for a long time to local CA people. Shaun will do just fine and so will AED. :beer:

+1 .. i went up there on a friday to watch my buddies tune, i was suppose to be gettin a tune that saturday....he asked if my car was there i said yes and strapped down it went... That right there is goin to keep me goin back. point of story Shaun will get it done.. Congrats again!! AED all the way

JJ 10.88 Coyote

Established Member

So 3605 bone stock, no driver and around 3600 with driver when you ran these 10 second passes? :shrug: but your not sure because you didnt scale it am I correct?

Like I have already said, congrats on the run but honestly if your going to go thru all the trouble to post every little detail about the runs so your not doubted please scale the car next time. :beer:

JJ

Shaun@AED

So 3605 bone stock, no driver and around 3600 with driver when you ran these 10 second passes? :shrug: but your not sure because you didnt scale it am I correct?

Like I have already said, congrats on the run but honestly if your going to go thru all the trouble to post every little detail about the runs so your not doubted please scale the car next time. :beer:

JJ

No, it weighed 3605 stock w/full tank and no driver.
3615 with driver in STREET trim w/full tank.
Slicks and skinnies drop 82-84lbs and I ran on 1/2 tank when it went 10's.
I keep th car and slicks at Home.

Scales are at the shop 35miles east from home. Track is 15 miles south of home. Normally when I go to the shop I'm planning on dyno runs and therefore don't run the slicks as they act like a big balloon making it difficult to get accurate results.

Last edited:

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Damn I think I need to ditch these heated power seats and my sub next time I make a pass... I Wieghed in at 3895 with 3/4 tank with driver, I only wiegh 165... I'm blaming the 20's

wbt

Banned
Shaun, now that you have officially broken the 11 sec. barrier with the stock air box how about throwing on an aftermarket CAI and seeing what happens? I still find the modularfords official party line that they do nothing hard to swallow.

We have the facts to prove it under multiple real world tests. 1/4 mile and full mile. The crap you keep posting over there to dispute the results is laughable.

It would really be interesting to see if your ET and/or speed changed with just the CAI.

If he makes both changes at the same time how is that going to be an accurate test? He would have to make back to back runs at the track on the same day to prove any worth in it. His car being a manual, it will be difficult to keep a high level of consistency between runs as there is more opportunity for driver error. Not a dig on his driving abilities but it happens to the best of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread