best tuner for 2012 5.0

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I am curious what is so innovative about AED's process? They send you a base file, and ask for data logs.

He is not circumventing the limitations of SCT like other tuners have.

I could tell you that, but then I would have to kill you. LOL.

FWIW, Shaun has some unique approaches to problems he has discovered along the way, like power clips. I am not at liberty to disclose these approaches, because they are the result of his hard work. Work he has a rightful desire to protect.

Mike

Shaun@AED

We have years of expereince with this platform not months.There is no substitution for expereince and knowledge.The longer you work with something the more knowledge and expereince you will gain. That is what puts you ahead of the curve and brings innovation.

Thank You for pointing out that our years of expereince and knowledge make us look behind the curve an not innovative.

Was this directed towards me?
FYI, the Copperhead ECU has been out since 2010 model year, and we've been working with them since they came out. Our first Coyote tune may have been a few months behind Amazon, but certainly NOT just a few months ago. It took 3-4 months from Dealer introduction to get our first one on the dyno for tuning and I waited a year before buying one for myself. (so what?)

Are you going to offer the OP Free tuning for life like last time? :bored:

Seer

Banned
I could tell you that, but then I would have to kill you. LOL.

FWIW, Shaun has some unique approaches to problems he has discovered along the way, like power clips. I am not at liberty to disclose these approaches, because they are the result of his hard work. Work he has a rightful desire to protect.

Mike

If you're referring to power clips as torque management and torque limiting, he is not alone in that category as a calibrator who has been successful in getting power to the ground with bolt ons etc, and not just seeing the successes with AF curve scaling and timing increases.

This comment is not taking anything away from Shaun, but what I am saying is, he is not alone.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Cause no one else can get the loppy idle tune down perfect an only gets better with every update shaun does. Also mike has been doing a much better job explaining things

If it gets better with every update then its not perfect? So you are saying the other companys that produce ghost cams tunes aren't perfect? One persons perfect tune is another persons nightmare tune. Everyone likes different things. I have ridden in two ghost cam tuned cars both by different tuners and they both rode very well. I didn't like how fast the one tune shifted but the owner of the car did. You can't just say send me a tune and then expect it to be perfect. I have an automatic and i prefer my car to get to a little higher rpm than what most people do before it shifts. I had to convey that to the tuner for it to be done or i would of probably got the stupid gas saver shifts that i don't like. Have you personally driven all the tunes?

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If you're referring to power clips as torque management and torque limiting, he is not alone in that category as a calibrator who has been successful in getting power to the ground with bolt ons etc, and not just seeing the successes with AF curve scaling and timing increases.

This comment is not taking anything away from Shaun, but what I am saying is, he is not alone.

I never said he was alone, I said he had some unique approaches to dealing with issues. I know, that is clear as mud. ;-)

Mike

Shaun@AED

You are correct.
There are a few tuners who are able to better utilize the capabilities of these ECU's thru alternative software. I use ONLY SCT, and must use alternative methods of getting around these power clips.

And to the OP, there are MANY highly qualified tuners available for your to choose from. Go with the one(s) you feel most comfortable with.
We seem to have a very loyal following on these cars....

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Now, Linn, you are putting words in my mouth and twisting what I said. All I sad was the way you represented your company gave the impression that you were relying on tunes that you had figured out, "years ago." I never said you were behind the curve, only that in an effort to present your company as the most qualified, you gave that impression to me.

As far as the experience argument goes, experience does not always equate with ability. Innovation is often the result of a fresh approach to a problem. Let's not forget that men bashed each other on the heads with stone tools for millenia before an innovator learned to smelt bronze. It only takes one.

Mike

It could have been percieved that way Mike so I will not make that mistake again. I hope that I have clarified myself better with my later postings.

No one has a corner on innovation. It is born by recognizing necessity.

Ability equates experience. The more you work with something the more you will learn about it and the better your ability with it will be.

Seer

Banned
You are correct.
There are a few tuners who are able to better utilize the capabilities of these ECU's thru alternative software. I use ONLY SCT, and must use alternative methods of getting around these power clips.

And to the OP, there are MANY highly qualified tuners available for your to choose from. Go with the one(s) you feel most comfortable with.
We seem to have a very loyal following on these cars....

Those particular people, are not getting around SCT's limitations in order to deliver power. They are using pass through devices and hex editing the tables SCT does not make available due to incapabilities of reading the complete ECU profile. This in return, returns a more complete calibration file to the end user.

You and I have discussed this before.

SicShelby09

Banned
Now, Linn, you are putting words in my mouth and twisting what I said. All I sad was the way you represented your company gave the impression that you were relying on tunes that you had figured out, "years ago." I never said you were behind the curve, only that in an effort to present your company as the most qualified, you gave that impression to me.

As far as the experience argument goes, experience does not always equate with ability. Innovation is often the result of a fresh approach to a problem. Let's not forget that men bashed each other on the heads with stone tools for millenia before an innovator learned to smelt bronze. It only takes one.

Mike

Mike, debating with her is only going to get you banned. She is trying to get you to dis her or her company so she can get you put on an extended holiday from SVTP. I would know.... Time for everyone to move on so we can all continue to post here. Just friendly advice.

:rockon:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If it gets better with every update then its not perfect? So you are saying the other companys that produce ghost cams tunes aren't perfect? One persons perfect tune is another persons nightmare tune. Everyone likes different things. I have ridden in two ghost cam tuned cars both by different tuners and they both rode very well. I didn't like how fast the one tune shifted but the owner of the car did. You can't just say send me a tune and then expect it to be perfect. I have an automatic and i prefer my car to get to a little higher rpm than what most people do before it shifts. I had to convey that to the tuner for it to be done or i would of probably got the stupid gas saver shifts that i don't like. Have you personally driven all the tunes?

Well let's be real there are always things that can get better so I guess I used the wrong word saying perfect. Let's just say shaun will.do everything he can to make the tune as close as perfect can be. Ghost cam tunes are only by john lund which are tuned different than shauns loppy idle tune. As for your car you have to tell your tuner what you want before you even buy your tune an ask him if he/she can even do what you want them todo.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Was this directed towards me?FYI, the Copperhead ECU has been out since 2010 model year, and we've been working with them since they came out. Our first Coyote tune may have been a few months behind Amazon, but certainly NOT just a few months ago. It took 3-4 months from Dealer introduction to get our first one on the dyno for tuning and I waited a year before buying one for myself. (so what?)

Are you going to offer the OP Free tuning for life like last time? :bored:

Everything is not always directed at you Shaun. At this point most all tuners have worked with the Copperhead ECU if they have been tuning since they came out.

Maybe I will but he will have to call me to find out. Who doesn't like free tuning?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Mike, debating with her is only going to get you banned. She is trying to get you to dis her or her company so she can get you put on an extended holiday from SVTP. I would know.... Time for everyone to move on so we can all continue to post here. Just friendly advice.

Well, I have no direct experience with Amazon, aside from reading Linn's posts. Therefore, I really can't comment on their ability and certainly wouldn't disrespect either Linn or Amazon. From what I understand, Amazon enjoys a good reputation as a tuner.

All I am here to do is share my experience with Shaun and illustrate why I think he is a great choice for anyone looking for a tune.

Mike

SicShelby09

Banned
Everything is not always directed at you Shaun. At this point most all tuners have worked with the Copperhead ECU if they have been tuning since they came out.

Maybe I will but he will have to call me to find out. Who doesn't like free tuning?

Linn. Did the last user you offered free tuning to accept and redeem that offer?? Just curious. I forgot who he was.

Seer

Banned
Well, I have no direct experience with Amazon, aside from reading Linn's posts. Therefore, I really can't comment on their ability and certainly wouldn't disrespect either Linn or Amazon. From what I understand, Amazon enjoys a good reputation as a tuner.

All I am here to do is share my experience with Shaun and illustrate why I think he is a great choice for anyone looking for a tune.

Mike

Devil's advocate in me asks the following questions:

How well is your car performing?
What do you have to compare your tune to in your personal experience?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member

Ahh no I'm not. And I can tell from Mike's posts that he is a very intellegent guy.He knows that you can debate without bashing.

Why is it my fault that you could not follow the few simply rules here and got YOURSELF banned?

SicShelby09

Banned
Ahh no I'm not. And I can tell from Mike's posts that he is a very intellegent guy.He knows that you can debate without bashing.

Why is it my fault that you could not follow the few simply rules here and got YOURSELF banned?

Those rules that apply to me and all the other users here, dont apply to you. I guess in order to get that treatment, I need to write svtp a check.

Users who are viewing this thread