best tuner for 2012 5.0

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I went with Lund Racing and have no regrets besides not getting big enough injectors in the beginning haha. John Lund and Ken bjonnes were great guys and i asked for a revision to my tune and had it the next morning. Also check out these facts!

2011+ 5.0 Coyote Lund Racing Records

1/4 Mile Records

Quickest 5.0 Coyote - Overall
Evolution Performance Kona Blue car
8.89@149

Quickest Boost Only/Stock Tranmission
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
9.37@149

Quickest 5.0 Coyote Turbo Charged
Twinturbo50.com
9.42@150

Quickest Twin Screw/Spray/Stock Transmission
Chris Cruz
9.4@148

Standing Mile Records
Twinturbo50.com
206.2 MPH

Shelby GT500

1/4 Mile Records
Quickest Shelby Overall
Evolution Performance
7.87@172 Twin Turbo

Quickest Twin Screw Shelby
Tommy P
8.61@160

Standing Mile Records
Fastest Supercharged Shelby (1&2)
JW Brake/Revan Racing
207.7 MPH
Chris Anderson/Revan Racing

2005-2010 3v

Quickest Overall
Vinny Barber- Single Turbo
8.42@165

mikestoyz

Established Member
I gave Shaun a call and left him a voicemail so hopefully he will get back to me today. Thanks for the info guys!

you can email him too. Probably easier for him. Everytime Ive emailed, Ive gotten a response back within 3 hours! My next email with be full of my datalogs and "where do I send payment" :rockon:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
you can email him too. Probably easier for him. Everytime Ive emailed, Ive gotten a response back within 3 hours! My next email with be full of my datalogs and "where do I send payment" :rockon:

I still picture you driving with the desktop on the floorboard and a CRT on the seat lol!:lol:

Liln2o

Established Member
Well here is my opinion i had a lund tune and it wasnt what i expected gas mileage went to shit and the cars low end hp felt like a honda i just uploaded a blow by racing tune hands down best tune with no revisions done to the tune yet and the customer service is great.... If u ask me blow by raceing ftw:banana:

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Shaun @ AED.

Lund has some great records for sure on super fast cars. Where are his "real car" numbers? I would like to see some daily driver types with Lund tunes and see their numbers. You know, the 11 second cars.

Shaun's personal minimal bolt on driver goes 11.2 @ 119 on pump gas, with a stock airbox. He has put at least 2 3.31 geared minimal bolt on cars into the 11's..and many with steeper gears. Plus, his customer service is amazing.

Mike

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Shaun @ AED.

Lund has some great records for sure on super fast cars. Where are his "real car" numbers? I would like to see some daily driver types with Lund tunes and see their numbers. You know, the 11 second cars.

Shaun's personal minimal bolt on driver goes 11.2 @ 119 on pump gas, with a stock airbox. He has put at least 2 3.31 geared minimal bolt on cars into the 11's..and many with steeper gears. Plus, his customer service is amazing.

Mike

Well go on that list i posted and look at the name Beefcake. He daily drove that car a lot last year and i bet it will get driven a lot this year. I'm pretty sure he even drove it to the kots event and came in second place and then drove home. Just because a car has more than 2 bolt ons and runs faster than an 11 second 1/4 mile doesn't mean its not daily driven or not a "real car". I have a blower on my car and have put 3k on it through the winter and i plan on putting a lot more miles on this summer.

SVTPete83

Established Member
One thing you're not taking into account with all those records is that they are all forced induction cars. The simple fact is this... Shaun's tune will make you run fast, safe, and perfectly driveable naturally aspirated. I am sure there are other good tunes out there as well, but his are Rock solid. If you want to take a chance, go with someone else's. If you want rock solid driveabilty with great power, Aed is the place

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Well go on that list i posted and look at the name Beefcake. He daily drove that car a lot last year and i bet it will get driven a lot this year. I'm pretty sure he even drove it to the kots event and came in second place and then drove home. Just because a car has more than 2 bolt ons and runs faster than an 11 second 1/4 mile doesn't mean its not daily driven or not a "real car". I have a blower on my car and have put 3k on it through the winter and i plan on putting a lot more miles on this summer.

A 9 second car is not a driver, even if you drive it. That is just too fast for a street car. I have no doubt that Lund can tune fast cars. However, the bread and butter cars tuned by Shaun are, for the most part, among the quickest out there. Most guys here looking for tunes are not making 900 RWHP, they are making 380 and want to make 430.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
a 9 second car is not a driver, even if you drive it. That is just too fast for a street car. I have no doubt that lund can tune fast cars. However, the bread and butter cars tuned by shaun are, for the most part, among the quickest out there. Most guys here looking for tunes are not making 900 rwhp, they are making 380 and want to make 430.

Mike

^this!!!!

bunk22

Established Member
The AED love is kinda bordering on sloppy love lol I'm going to get his tune as I'm just curious now to see how it performs against my Steeda tune. But then again, no track and funky dyno (which I'll do) so the only other measurement I've got is SOTP which can be misleading. I like the data logging and being there is no credible dynotuner close by, unless someone knows someone in San Antonio or Houston, I'll stick with the recommendation of AED. I will say Shaun at AED has been a real stand up guy on the phone and via email, professional and courteous.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Wish someone in cali with an auto would get their ass to AED so shaun can perfect his tune for the 6A guys.

For the time being ill just get tuned locally until things progress.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Wish someone in cali with an auto would get their ass to AED so shaun can perfect his tune for the 6A guys.

Good things come to those who wait!:burnout:

Chris

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Good things come to those who wait!:burnout:

Chris

I didnt forget over conversation. Needless to say it got my hopes up about getting this auto tuned.

Baseline dyno is scheduled and new parts are arriving. :rockon:

It feels like a crime to own a capable SCT tuner and driving a car with no tune.

Hail storm rolled through here last week and turned my car into swiss cheese, so ive had some set backs.

Paperplates and hail damage :??: :bash:

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I didnt forget over conversation. Needless to say it got my hopes up about getting this auto tuned.

Baseline dyno is scheduled and new parts are arriving. :rockon:

It feels like a crime to own a capable SCT tuner and driving a car with no tune.

Hail storm rolled through here last week and turned my car into swiss cheese, so ive had some set backs.

Paperplates and hail damage :??: :bash:

And I go crazy at all the rock chips a 27,000 miles 2012 GT has...but Hail damage :bash:

Chris

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
And I go crazy at all the rock chips a 27,000 miles 2012 GT has...but Hail damage :bash:

Chris

Know a guy in dent repair who has done a few repairs for me in the past, im trying to make the best of it. Hopefully insurance does me right and i can put some extra cash towards making this car faster. White makes the dents hard to see at least....

time to update your sig to fastest 5.0L w/ the most miles.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
A 9 second car is not a driver, even if you drive it. That is just too fast for a street car. I have no doubt that Lund can tune fast cars. However, the bread and butter cars tuned by Shaun are, for the most part, among the quickest out there. Most guys here looking for tunes are not making 900 RWHP, they are making 380 and want to make 430.

Mike

9 second cars can't be dailys? Wow i know at least 7 people in my area that would tend to disagree. A couple being evos, camaros, mustangs, and hell even an s2k. Each put at least 10k miles per year. The s2k did like 750 on stock block and ran high 9's at least 5 times last summer. I'm not saying anything bad about Shaun as i believe he pretty much has the Stock intake / bolt on tunes nailed down for the people on this forum and everyone is happy. I'm just saying don't knock a high horsepower car and say it isn't as driveable as your car. I have ridden in a gt500 that ran 9's and unless he was on it you wouldn't even know it could run 9's. My car drives around town completely fine until you mash on it. It's pretty quiet now and if there wasn't a whistle at idle you would never guess it was superchargerd unless i mashed the gas pedal. A lot of people seem to be getting forced induction for there 2011+ Mustangs these days on this and other forums. Some people are happy with a 430hp mustang that runs 11's. Some people want more.

DIB5.0

Established Member

I have AED tune on my auto and we went through a few tranny tunes until the car was shifting firm in all gears. He also gave me a tranny set up tune he had on file from another tuner to try that worked pretty well and was better than 80% of the tunes i tried. Only really good auto tranny set ups are VMP, Livernois, Amazon because they own auto cars.

Users who are viewing this thread