best tuner for 2012 5.0

jdcobra

Established Member
I was wondering out of everyone that does tunes, who would be the best one to go with for an email tune? Also, I read in another forum, can't remember which one right now, that if you tune your car back to stock and drive it around for 50 miles it will show up as a battery disconnect code. Was wondering how much truth there is that if any at all. Any help would be appreciated!

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Don't do the email tune thing. Get a proper custom dyno tune in your area so your car is tuned for the enviorment you will be driving it in.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I was wondering out of everyone that does tunes, who would be the best one to go with for an email tune? Also, I read in another forum, can't remember which one right now, that if you tune your car back to stock and drive it around for 50 miles it will show up as a battery disconnect code. Was wondering how much truth there is that if any at all. Any help would be appreciated!
Shaun@AED, Great guy and one helluva tuner!

jdcobra

Established Member
lol in texas it kinda sucks because the weather, especially humidity, changes from one week to the next. I thought about doing that though

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
lol in texas it kinda sucks because the weather, especially humidity, changes from one week to the next. I thought about doing that though

A few locals that do custom tuning

Go speak with Tim & Sean @ True Street Motorsports (McKinney, TX) when you get some free time. Tuned my 11 and i never had any issue.

Manni with HPP is also a good tuner locaed in lewisville, TX

Got labtop and an SCT? Give Sean @ AED a ring, Does some great e-mail tuning

SVTPete83

Established Member
Shaun at AED. No choice on the matter. For these cars he is hands down the best. I would normally tell you to use the search feature for a query like this one but you won't need one in this case. Just look in the 2011+ section and you will see a ton of happy customers.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Okay cool, ill definitely check him out. How much does he charge for retunes?

jdcobra

Established Member
Nice. Ill give them a call tomorrow then and see whats up. Thanks for the input guys.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
When I lived closer to Houston I used patrick at PSI Motorsports for my L. Great tune made power and was safe to dd. Ran a 12.7 with just 4lb lower tune and exhaust. Might give him a call and see what he can do for you.

But for email tune I'd say Lund or AED right now. AED is getting a good rep for great customer service.

faztcobra

Established Member
A few locals that do custom tuning

Go speak with Tim & Sean @ True Street Motorsports (McKinney, TX) when you get some free time. Tuned my 11 and i never had any issue.

Manni with HPP is also a good tuner locaed in lewisville, TX

Got labtop and an SCT? Give Sean @ AED a ring, Does some great e-mail tuning
If he was local, I'd suggest Manny. HPP is just down the street from me. I see he's in Katy though...down near Houston, so local he's not. Give Shaun @ AED a call. You'll be happy you did.

jdcobra

Established Member
I gave Shaun a call and left him a voicemail so hopefully he will get back to me today. Thanks for the info guys!

Users who are viewing this thread