best tuner for 2012 5.0

Red5.0

Cool shaun I'll ask him first hand when I see him at the track.. cause for a fact I have seen his cars run in my area long before your name even popped if for tuning these cars. Again I am not saying you can't do this or that but maybe because I have the biggest players here on the east coast, but they have all said the same things. I am sure you know what info they are saying, again we can keep that quiet if you want, I am just not seeing or hearing anything past this forum... Haven't seen anything over here on the east coast that can back all these statements up.. I don't want a tuner vs tuner war. I am sure you already had that before. All in all its all about proving shit now days. And there have been a lot of shops and tuners who have done so.

This thread was started to ask people who have a new 5.0 who and what shop to use.. it wasn't a put some chum in the water and have all the aed fans who have no experience in this particular car or platform to respond.

What's with the tip toe around crap? You keep making references like you have some dirt on Shaun but you stop short. If you have a problem with him or want to call him out then do it. The way it looks to me is you are just trying to discredit him for no reason.

Shaun@AED

Cool shaun I'll ask him first hand when I see him at the track.. cause for a fact I have seen his cars run in my area long before your name even popped if for tuning these cars. Again I am not saying you can't do this or that but maybe because I have the biggest players here on the east coast, but they have all said the same things. I am sure you know what info they are saying, again we can keep that quiet if you want, I am just not seeing or hearing anything past this forum... Haven't seen anything over here on the east coast that can back all these statements up.. I don't want a tuner vs tuner war. I am sure you already had that before. All in all its all about proving shit now days. And there have been a lot of shops and tuners who have done so.

This thread was started to ask people who have a new 5.0 who and what shop to use.. it wasn't a put some chum in the water and have all the aed fans who have no experience in this particular car or platform to respond.

I'm honestly not following much of this post, but you can PM me if you like and we can straighten anything out, or call me tomorrow.

I guess I kind of popped up out of nowhere to most of you guys, but AED has long been home to NorCals fastest street cars.

Here's a vid of last weeks Grudge fest: (it ain't East coast shit, but it's as good as it gets out here!)
A customer/buddy's Turbo Fox vs the fastest all-motor ZX14 in the country.
Jeff vs ZX14 - YouTube

Another Customers Terminator (.08 from the non-crusher 3.4 blower only record I believe)
Wed Night Widow - YouTube

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
it's almost pointless on this thread cause all you have here is the AED is the Bosssss tune and all others are blah blah blah... It's cool.... Not a hater but i will run an aed tuned car in my area anyday... Bring it... Oh yea Bring a AED tuned car to the 5.0 shootout. lets see how it compares to some of the best tuners out there?

I would like to see some of your timeslips with the Lund tune.

I am thinking long and hard about attending the 5.0 shootout. I will dirive up there to run too. No trailer. Louisiana to Maryland....bringing it home to where I was born and raised.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I would like to see some of your timeslips with the Lund tune.

I am thinking long and hard about attending the 5.0 shootout. I will dirive up there to run too. No trailer. Louisiana to Maryland....bringing it home to where I was born and raised.

Mike

Do it man! As far as the lund tune is concerned I remember when I first started reading up on tuning everyone was saying lund this lund that... People will promote the things they like. Shaun's an awesome tuner and he is innovative at that. I can't believe I saw another vendor come on here and call another vendors customers nut hangers. Thats a first for me. As I have said before, I had a JMS tune on my car. I only got their tune because I bought my tuner from them and they sent the tunes for the car. Chip and monty are great to deal with and the tune was good. I wanted an AED tune to begin with and since shaun doesn't sell the tuners I went with JMS because they did a helluva tune on my 03 Cobra. My JMS tune was good to go on the datalogs and only needed a minor change to get it finished. I still chose to go with Shaun because of his outstanding customer service, the great reviews and after driving the JMS tune vs AED the AED is faster, SOTP and at the track.

Bud

Established Member
A tuner that wants logs from cars that have tunes already and than cut them up and revise,revise,revise,revise,revise Etc. Etc I wouldn' trust. A basic bolt on car is not that hard to get dialed and there shouldnt be oh I got a new revision from shaun. After all These are the people who claim there cars are and run like a beast... Than why are you getting another revission, And than boast how much more powerfull the car is this and that.. Makes no sense.

So the new copperhead PCM is not that hard to get dialed in on just a basic bolt on car? The config and amount of tables is just as simple as previous generation cars? There is never room for improvement with logs and research?

Evolution of a tune for the better through data gathering and testing is bad? Once a tune is sold it should never ever get logged and improved upon if new info or methods for power/delivery are found to be superior? The tuner should just quit testing and let innovation go stagnant after they come up with a base tune people will buy?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Do it man! As far as the lund tune is concerned I remember when I first started reading up on tuning everyone was saying lund this lund that... People will promote the things they like. Shaun's an awesome tuner and he is innovative at that. I can't believe I saw another vendor come on here and call another vendors customers nut hangers. Thats a first for me. As I have said before, I had a JMS tune on my car. I only got their tune because I bought my tuner from them and they sent the tunes for the car. Chip and monty are great to deal with and the tune was good. I wanted an AED tune to begin with and since shaun doesn't sell the tuners I went with JMS because they did a helluva tune on my 03 Cobra. My JMS tune was good to go on the datalogs and only needed a minor change to get it finished. I still chose to go with Shaun because of his outstanding customer service, the great reviews and after driving the JMS tune vs AED the AED is faster, SOTP and at the track.

All I did was pass along what people have noticed and told me about the general atmosphere of this forum when asked why other tuner's customer are not more vocal.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
All I did was pass along what people have noticed and told me about the general atmosphere of this forum when asked why other tuner's customer are not more vocal.

Passing that along was pretty unprofessional. Maybe other people don't talk about their tuners because.

A. They have had a great experience and they chose not to talk about it.
B. Had a bad experience and chose not to talk about it.
C. They have their tune and are satisfied without anything changing ever.

I talk to Shaun on a regular basis, and I've never had an issue getting a hold of him. I like the fact that I can send an email and get a response in a expedient manor and on top of that the constant peeking and tweaking of his tunes. Always looking to make it better. If people are content with whatever tune they have gotten that's awesome. I personally want someone that is always looking to improve. Seems to me that AED is on the cutting edge of coyote tuning and I know for a fact I got way more than what I paid for with my tunes.

hand-filer

Established Member

All you did was alienate several potential customers with that comment, myself included.
Your influence on this forum is disturbing.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member

Wow, just "passing it along". Guess that's one way to insult people without technically breaking the rules, eh? "Well, I heard you were a scumbag." WHAT? You can't insult me! I'm a vendor!" "Wait, no, I was just passing along what I've heard other customers tell me. That's all. THOSE people think you're a scumbag. I ALSO think you're a scumbag, but I won't say that, because then that'd be insulting someone directly, so I'll just let an indirect inference do my work for me."

That is frankly, bullshit.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
All you did was alienate several potential customers with that comment, myself included.
Your influence on this forum is disturbing.

I can't help but agree.. Not that I'd ever change tuners without the OK from Shaun since he built my motor, but I gotta say that it wouldn't be Amazon in this case, which sucks because I know Rick can tune like a mofo :beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have been following this thread knowing that it would eventually turn into what it has.

In theory, the "Best Tuner" would be one that provides a performing product, satisfies the customer and exhibits outstanding customer service. Everyone is going to have their favorites and some of these customers will be very vocal about it. This does not mean that other companies/tuners are poor at tuning or conducting business, or that others are not satisfied with another tuners product.

Linn your referencing to fans as "Nuthangers" was inappropriate, and you wouldn't like your customers to be referenced as such. I don't blame you though, as it seems that you are relatively under attack when you post. This goes for your fans as well, as they are often attacked when they speak about their ATS tune.

A good portion of users in this thread often insult Linn and/or other users requiring constant moderation. Often we are riduculed for "protecting vendors" , however if users did not personally attack or make snide/derogatory remarks, posts would not have to be moderated/deleted. You can disagree with a user or vendor, but when you take it to the limits of insulting someone that will not be tolerated.

This thread has run its course

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I wish we could have an icon for this thread...

this seems plausible

debate.png

no matter which way you pull the paper/select the tune, your still gonna wipe your ass/gain power. The angry ones are those who bought shitty TP/ made less power from the tune from the next guy.

I think we should all live our life to the fullest and finish the roll before starting a new one.

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
The drivability on the street is huge also. I had almost every tune and i would always go back to my VMP because it was so smooth. The shift points were firm but not harsh.
If i had to pick the best tunes for overall performance. VMP, AED, Amazon. Drove like stock and kicked ass when called upon.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
I have been following this thread knowing that it would eventually turn into what it has.

This thread has run its course

I think it is safe to say that this sub-forum has run its course. The amount of vendor bashing that is tolerated in this 2011 forum is simply alarming. :nonono:

In reading this thread, along with other threads of the same topic, it is otherwise implied that Shaun is the only vendor offering the benefits of datalogging and tune revisions. This simply is not true. Any "reputable" tuner is going to request follow-up datalogs to go along with any type of E-tuning. If they do not, find another tuner! No tuner should have a 1 size fits all mentality with these cars or any other for that matter.

I am glad to see that AED has many satisfied customers and turning out some cars that make some nice power. I am also glad that we have a variety of tuners from which to choose. This thread started out with a simple question. A basic question. And it turned into an AED biased debate. And like other threads before it, if you aren't on the AED train; well you are made out to be an idiot.

I believe this thread has some very good points to bear in mind when choosing a tuner. I am going to suggest that when choosing a tuner - call and feel them out. Discuss your goals with them. Then, choose the one you feel best caters to your particular goals. Not every 5.0 owner is going to visit the drag strip or road race their car. Some just enjoy having the added power for their daily commute or weekend joy rides. To choose a tuner simmply because his car goes X in the 1/4 mile is crazy.

As for why I chose Amazon for my wife's A6 5.0? I spoke with Rick for about an hour and discussed the #8 anomaly as well as other bugs that were relevant at the time. In the end, he said all the right things and put my worried mind at ease. I can say that Rick's 6R80 calibrations have made driving an automatic a blast rather than a burden. The car is night and day different from stock; as any properly tuned 5.0 should be. It is mind boggling what we are able to achieve today without ever lifting a head, and in many ways; without ever popping the hood :rockon:.

So when you do finally choose a tuner, be happy with your decision. Cause a properly tuned 5.0 is a beautiful thing! :thumbsup:

hand-filer

Established Member
I think it is safe to say that this sub-forum has run its course. The amount of vendor bashing that is tolerated in this 2011 forum is simply alarming. :nonono:

In reading this thread, along with other threads of the same topic, it is otherwise implied that Shaun is the only vendor offering the benefits of datalogging and tune revisions. This simply is not true. Any "reputable" tuner is going to request follow-up datalogs to go along with any type of E-tuning. If they do not, find another tuner! No tuner should have a 1 size fits all mentality with these cars or any other for that matter.

I am glad to see that AED has many satisfied customers and turning out some cars that make some nice power. I am also glad that we have a variety of tuners from which to choose. This thread started out with a simple question. A basic question. And it turned into an AED biased debate. And like other threads before it, if you aren't on the AED train; well you are made out to be an idiot.

I believe this thread has some very good points to bear in mind when choosing a tuner. I am going to suggest that when choosing a tuner - call and feel them out. Discuss your goals with them. Then, choose the one you feel best caters to your particular goals. Not every 5.0 owner is going to visit the drag strip or road race their car. Some just enjoy having the added power for their daily commute or weekend joy rides. To choose a tuner simmply because his car goes X in the 1/4 mile is crazy.

As for why I chose Amazon for my wife's A6 5.0? I spoke with Rick for about an hour and discussed the #8 anomaly as well as other bugs that were relevant at the time. In the end, he said all the right things and put my worried mind at ease. I can say that Rick's 6R80 calibrations have made driving an automatic a blast rather than a burden. The car is night and day different from stock; as any properly tuned 5.0 should be. It is mind boggling what we are able to achieve today without ever lifting a head, and in many ways; without ever popping the hood :rockon:.

So when you do finally choose a tuner, be happy with your decision. Cause a properly tuned 5.0 is a beautiful thing! :thumbsup:

One of the better posts in this thread. Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread