~ Best CAI for Kenne Bell? ~

bubbrubb

I find this interesting because I have datalogged a few different cars with different intakes and found very little difference between the CAI and RAI.

I myself have owned a JLT High Boost CAI and switched to a RAI and the only time I saw a difference was when the car was sitting still. The IAT1 would be a little higher with the RAI. As soon as I started moving even 10 mph, the IAT's were equal.

Another thing to note is that I could really care less about the IAT1 anyway. The IAT2's on my car were always around 30-40* over ambient at the end of a pull no matter what intake I had on.

Because of my own personal research and datalogging, I choose the RAI due less bends, fitment and easy of maintenance.

BTW: this was tested in the Texas heat!
:beer:
datalogging > bench racing. Kevin FTW

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I find this interesting because I have datalogged a few different cars with different intakes and found very little difference between the CAI and RAI.

I myself have owned a JLT High Boost CAI and switched to a RAI and the only time I saw a difference was when the car was sitting still. The IAT1 would be a little higher with the RAI. As soon as I started moving even 10 mph, the IAT's were equal.

Another thing to note is that I could really care less about the IAT1 anyway. The IAT2's on my car were always around 30-40* over ambient at the end of a pull no matter what intake I had on.

Because of my own personal research and datalogging, I choose the RAI due less bends, fitment and easy of maintenance.

+1 I'm running an FIPK in Texas heat as well, my IAT1s are the same as ambient temps whilst moving. Slow03Cobra, I'm not sure why your temps would be any different.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member

Ya, I don't know man. I've had a few other people tell me they don't have the high IAT's w/ a RAI. Who knows though, man. I don't know of any twin screw cars in Phoenix that have a RAI for the same reasons. However, I owned my last Cobra when I was in Kansas and had the same experiences w/ it too. Oh well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I just figured I'd give him my personal experiences w/ different setups to help him make his decision.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Ya, I don't know man. I've had a few other people tell me they don't have the high IAT's w/ a RAI. Who knows though, man. I don't know of any twin screw cars in Phoenix that have a RAI for the same reasons. However, I owned my last Cobra when I was in Kansas and had the same experiences w/ it too. Oh well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I just figured I'd give him my personal experiences w/ different setups to help him make his decision.
It's all good. The more information we provide the better. Even if sometimes the data can be conflicting. :beer:

Every car is different. That's why I would rather try something for myself and see what it does rather than take someones word for it.

I guess that's why I tune my car myself as well.

Last edited:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Don't be dissin on the good ol K&N, I love mine and haven't had any problems with it.

I'm not sure if this is directed at me. I wasn't providing an opinion at all, just stating that IAT1s should be the same as ambient temperatures with any RAI, unless you're stationary. I have the FIPK and I love it too. :beer:

Last edited:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I'm not sure if this is directed at me. I wasn't providing an opinion at all, just stating that IAT2s should be the same as ambient temperatures with any RAI, unless you're stationary. I have the FIPK and I love it too. :beer:

You mean IAT1's are the same as ambient temps?

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
hahahha so u finally found one huh Chris!? nice man. cant wait to see her results:rockon:

Did u purchase it here on svtp?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Good information Kevin.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going to go with the JLT RAI from Jared @ Lethal.

chris Might i suggest going with the Carbon fiber one from JLT? They make it in blue carbon fiber. Also ditch that stock air filter and get a Amsoil Synthetic one, they dont need to be oiled and only need to be air cleaned once a year!

http://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?GroupID=24 for the filter :) U want to order EAAU4090

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Keep the insults out of here.
Keep the technical talk & debate going.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
JLT "High Boost" CAI. Im running one on my Eaton, and Ive run one of my KB2.2 and it worked great.
I like JLT because they are built great and have a great rep. I dont get all this fanboy bullshit, if something works great why change. K&N makes great intakes along with other brands but I personally like JLT and have ran them on all my cobras Ive owned.

Last edited:

gx00850

Established Member
I guess I don't get it. Why wouldn't the RAI make more HP since there are no bends. I think this would be even more critical with a TS. As long as the car is not sitting at a red light the car would still have cool air flowing. I am hitting over 17 psi now on a Whipple so I either need to go with the CAI high boost or the RAI. Right now I am leaning towards the RAI (even though they do not look as good). My tuner also recommended the RAI.

Any additional opinions?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I guess I don't get it. Why wouldn't the RAI make more HP since there are no bends. I think this would be even more critical with a TS. As long as the car is not sitting at a red light the car would still have cool air flowing. I am hitting over 17 psi now on a Whipple so I either need to go with the CAI high boost or the RAI. Right now I am leaning towards the RAI (even though they do not look as good). My tuner also recommended the RAI.

Any additional opinions?

I bought the RAI. I like the idea of having a straight shot of cold air and not going through the bends. Also when I go to the track, I can pop my headlight out for even more fresh air since the filter is right there. :coolman:

It makes it even better that it is one of the cheapest ones on Lethal's site. Mine came into today and will be putting it on tomorrow. :rockon:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The debate still goes on! I'm normally aspirated but here's what happened when I dyno'ed first my Densecharger CAI with filter in the down position then a brand new JLT RAI on the same day. Everyone was bragging about how GREAT the RAI is!
I LOST almost 7 RWHP with it! The Densecharger is back on and I'll be ordering a 9"X4.5"
S&B open air filter for it to replace the small one it originally came with. The JLT is in a box in my closet!

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
The debate still goes on! I'm normally aspirated but here's what happened when I dyno'ed first my Densecharger CAI with filter in the down position then a brand new JLT RAI on the same day. Everyone was bragging about how GREAT the RAI is!
I LOST almost 7 RWHP with it! The Densecharger is back on and I'll be ordering a 9"X4.5"
S&B open air filter for it to replace the small one it originally came with. The JLT is in a box in my closet!

What vehicle was this on? An 03/04 Cobra?

Users who are viewing this thread