~ Best CAI for Kenne Bell? ~

03dsgsnake

Established Member
The only way to go is rai!! Straight shots make more power on the street and on the dyno period! No bends or restriction just straight in! I used to have the fender jlt and junked it for a straight shot and never looked back, then got behemoth and made a custom rai!!!
1000889.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] ,
1000888.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] ,
1000886.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Brutal Metal

Established Member
What vehicle was this on? An 03/04 Cobra?
oops sorry bro, I did say in the first sentence that I'm NA, it's a 99 Cobra!
Definitely not a great comparison for your Kenne Bell just wanted to share my dyno results. I must admit I was surprised with the outcome!:beer:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
kenne bell doesn't want you to have a rai because they dont make one... they want you to buy a kenne bell supercharger and then there kenne bell cai. period.

i make alright power with my 2.6h... i have a custom 4" cai, nothing to it just two 90degree bends.

however just bought a behemoth and rai to go with it.

if its proven that rai has same iat's as cai once the car is moving.... which it has. then the only other thing to say is..... rai FTW!!!

03dsgsnake

Established Member
kenne bell doesn't want you to have a rai because they dont make one... they want you to buy a kenne bell supercharger and then there kenne bell cai. period.

i make alright power with my 2.6h... i have a custom 4" cai, nothing to it just two 90degree bends.

however just bought a behemoth and rai to go with it.

if its proven that rai has same iat's as cai once the car is moving.... which it has. then the only other thing to say is..... rai FTW!!!

smart man!:rockon:

03yellow

Established Member
want to sell it ..Iv got a 12" filter for it!

Dont buy the S&B small filter set up and restrictive case.

The debate still goes on! I'm normally aspirated but here's what happened when I dyno'ed first my Densecharger CAI with filter in the down position then a brand new JLT RAI on the same day. Everyone was bragging about how GREAT the RAI is!
I LOST almost 7 RWHP with it! The Densecharger is back on and I'll be ordering a 9"X4.5"
S&B open air filter for it to replace the small one it originally came with. The JLT is in a box in my closet!

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
HPP uses a strait shot with all their KBs and whipples. They have had tuning issues with the CAI and the bend....even with a 12" filter in the fender.

oops sorry bro, I did say in the first sentence that I'm NA, it's a 99 Cobra!
Definitely not a great comparison for your Kenne Bell just wanted to share my dyno results. I must admit I was surprised with the outcome!:beer:

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
I need one..can you ship today!!!

Lethal Performance price= $150.00+ $9.35 ground shipping to Norman, OK.

Less a 5% SVtperformance discount = $151.85 Shipped

Not sure where the $25.00 difference is but I don't seem to see it.

Jared

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Great thread...great info...I'll run the RAI which I have on the car now...

Users who are viewing this thread