~ Best CAI for Kenne Bell? ~

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I finally found a New Style Kenne Bell 2.2l that I bought yesterday. With that being said, what is the best/most efficient intake to go with when you go Twin Screw, RAI? CAI?

I currently have the JLT Inner fender one (See pic below) and I was told this would work but would restrict some power, is this true?

pic4.jpg

I also heard the RAI from JLT is usually the best way to go if you have a Twin screw to get the most out of the set up. Is that true?

I'd just like some information on this subject and what other guys are running and if they like it or not and yes I tried the search.

Thank you :beer:
Chris

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I am not a kenne bell owner...but I do know that they void warranties for having RAI's.......might give you an idea of the route you should take.

I am sure you'll get a better response from other KB owner's though.

svt2ner

Established Member
Im running a jlt ram air now and will continue to do so with blower swap. Not worried about any warranty.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I am not a kenne bell owner...but I do know that they void warranties for having RAI's.......might give you an idea of the route you should take.

I am sure you'll get a better response from other KB owner's though.

you guys do realise that he bought a USED 3 year old blower, theres no warranty to begin with. Chris i would go with a JLT RAI, thats what im using on mine

Last edited:

VAMPIR3

Established Member
I am running a JLT RAI on my KB 2.2 as well. No Warranty:lol1:
Good luck with yours. Siiiick setup:rockon:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Yes, I'm definitely happy Anthony and it was worth being patient!

Thanks for the replies but like CobraStang mentioned it's the 2.2l which has been discontinued for some time now so I don't have to worry about voiding any warranty.

I'll definitely look into the JLT Ram Air.

EDIT: I'm looking at the JLT RAI and stumbled across this: "Don't worry about heat saturation from your engine bay, for this ram air intake features a heat shield and piping that don't transfer heat." Yet the picture doesn't show any type of heat shield or anything??. . . .Here is the link:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-03-04-cobra-rai.html

Nevermind, I think that guy just took a picture of his without it on because every other website has a heat shield pictured.

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I figured Lethal would be one of the cheaper places but with shipping it is $175.

Then I went to AmericanMuscle and they have free shipping and my total is $159. Hmm...

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
sweet! found one huh? bet you cant wait chris

so is your ts polished or black?

Actually it is a $25 difference now. I got a discount code from Nick @ AM so it dropped the price to $150 shipped. I would like to give Lethal my business since they help out alot on here. I'll PM Jared to see if we can work something out.

It is black. I got a KILLER deal on it.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Actually it is a $25 difference now. I got a discount code from Nick @ AM so it dropped the price to $150 shipped. I would like to give Lethal my business since they help out alot on here. I'll PM Jared to see if we can work something out.

It is black. I got a KILLER deal on it.

sweet:rockon: yeah tell jared to match the price:shrug:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I think I'll just go with the Ram Air Intake. It's not too expensive and I could sell mine and it would hardly cost me anything if any at all.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I had a RAI on my car when I did the swap to my 2.2 and IAT's were sky high. I switched to a high boost CAI and they lowered 30+ degrees. No way in hell I'd put a RAI on my car again. There's a reason KB voids warranties (even though it doesn't apply to you in this situation) for putting that crap on w/ a twin screw. You should be fine w/ the intake you already have on the car. Congrats on the new blower, btw. You're gonna love it!

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Good luck, I just bought a used old style 2.2l. I have the JLT high boost I'm planning on running with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread