~ Best CAI for Kenne Bell? ~

Jroc

Established Member
everybody has their own opinions.....PERIOD!....... lets not thrash a thread arguing over intakes!

Then don't quote and contradict me.

I was just saying that I tend to dislike produces that people act like are the only ones to buy.(unless they really do offer advantages over other products) MGW shifters is the perfect example of a overrated mod that people place on some pedistal thats it doesn't deserve.

You can buy whichever CAI you want I was just staighting that I dislike products that has a croud following them for no real good reason.

I'm not saying their bad, I'm just saying I don't like them for it.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
BS.

Not very many bolton Cobras run C/O's and with MM valve shocks. I've had my wheels for years, same with my Prochamber which didn't seem so popular when I got it. Bruces bushings weren't quite so popular when I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago. There was only one other person on here advertising that they were running the new McLeod TD's when I bought mine, etc.

Beside if you start a thread saying "whats the best exhaust", or "whats the best SFC's" not everybody is going to say Magnaflow or MM.

But seriously everybody only promoting one product is kind of gay, and yeah it is. Y'all need to diversify a little bit more than 2 pages of everybody recommending the same thing because they like its look or something?

I agree although I beleive in a consensus as a guide. Sometimes its best to research with the developer and manufacturer and ask them facts about their product and how it compares with the competition. In the forums you will get decent answers and info but mostly based on popularity. A perfect example is when the Steeda TriAx shifter was most popular and a better product was on the market. MGW was less popular at the time but argueably proved to be a better product only after I bought my TriAx which I would have a hard time to sell.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member

I was just saying that I tend to dislike produces that people act like are the only ones to buy.(unless they really do offer advantages over other products) MGW shifters is the perfect example of a overrated mod that people place on some pedistal thats it doesn't deserve.

You can buy whichever CAI you want I was just staighting that I dislike products that has a croud following them for no real good reason.

I'm not saying their bad, I'm just saying I don't like them for it.

HE didn't quote you, I did - HE didn't contradict you, I did -- and HE didn't start this thread, I did. Reading owns you.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
HE didn't quote you, I did and HE didn't start this thread, I did. Reading owns you.

Actually reading owns you. I was talking about your boy Slow03Cobra quoting me. You couldn't figure out that I was referring in general and not one specific person.

Why the hell do you feel that I care if you started this thread or not?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Actually reading owns you. I was talking about your boy Slow03Cobra quoting me. You couldn't figure out that I was referring in general and not one specific person.

Why the hell do you feel that I care if you started this thread or not?

LOL you are very ignorant. You were referring to Slow03Cobra but you quoted SLEEPERSTATUS? :read: Usually when you quote someone you are referring to them. Just as you and I are doing now.

That shows your stupidity right there.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Come on guys, lets keep it civil. Also slow03cobra you cant really say that your temps went up 30* with a RAI, what do you expect? you live in the hottest state in the US. Last i checked oklahoma isnt all that hot. I have had a RAI on my car and it has been perfect with the heatshield over it. Also CAIs are horrible because the slightest bit of water will hydrolock the motor...

Jroc

Established Member
LOL you are very ignorant. You were referring to Slow03Cobra but you quoted SLEEPERSTATUS? :read:

That shows your stupidity right there.

You should stop quoting me.

SLEEPERSTATUS says.
everybody has their own opinions.....PERIOD!....... lets not thrash a thread arguing over intakes!

I reply.

Thats means you and other dude, I was just explaining to him why we're doing this by saying not to. I have nothing against SLEEPERSTATUS. So in reality you're the ignorant one and not me on this current argument that you're presenting.

BTW don't start calling me names over this computer because I guarantee you that you wouldn't do it to my face, or if you did one of us would be getting our ass whooped.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
facepalm.jpeg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Dude read your post # 42. You made it seem like all of that was directed towards SLEEPERSTATUS because you ONLY quoted him then replied. When you quote someone, you USUALLY are referring to that person.

I'm glad you came in here and posted your little comments about JLT and a boner when you don't even have a Twinscrew set up to give valid information on.

Jroc

Established Member
Dude read your post # 42. You made it seem like all of that was directed towards SLEEPERSTATUS because you ONLY quoted him then replied. When you quote someone, you USUALLY are referring to that person.

I'm glad you came in here and posted your little comments about JLT and a boner when you don't even have a Twinscrew set up to give valid information on.

Quit trying to save face with yourself. I was letting everybody else know that if you start arguing with me because IMO I don't like products that 95% of everyone on here recommends when other products are just as good then I'm going to keep arguing with you. SLEEPERSTATUS seems like a alright person on here, and I wasn't trying to argue with him, you just think I was.

I don't need to own a TS. I've owned my Cobra for quite a bit longer than you have, but who cares? You want to try and insult me with the "you don't even own a TS argument" when you yourself said that the other CAI's will work just fine with a TS, and all this JLT stuff is just everybody being a fanboy to the brand. You haven't even got your new blower on your car so don't act like you're some big expert on them.

And if you want to throw out insults and talk ignorant you're one of the ignorant people who jumped on the baby boomer S197 GT bandwagon, and then realized it was a turd, and couldn't compete with the power of the 03/04 Cobras without a lot of work because of the cars POS PCM's and electic TB crap that hold it back even with similar HP.(their power delivery is boring) What do you do then, you sell it and get what you should of got in the first place.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Quit trying to save face with yourself. I was letting everybody else know that if you start arguing with me because IMO I don't like products that 95% of everyone on here recommends when other products are just as good then I'm going to keep arguing with you. SLEEPERSTATUS seems like a alright person on here, and I wasn't trying to argue with him, you just think I was.

I don't need to own a TS. I've owned my Cobra for quite a bit longer than you have, but who cares? You want to try and insult me with the "you don't even own a TS argument" when you yourself said that the other CAI's will work just fine with a TS, and all this JLT stuff is just everybody being a fanboy to the brand. You haven't even got your new blower on your car so don't act like you're some big expert on them.

And if you want to throw out insults and talk ignorant you're one of the ignorant people who jumped on the baby boomer S197 GT bandwagon, and then realized it was a turd, and couldn't compete with the power of the 03/04 Cobras without a lot of work because of the cars POS PCM's and electic TB crap that hold it back even with similar HP.(their power delivery is boring) What do you do then, you sell it and get what you should of got in the first place.

No, I'm not insulting you with you don't own a TS. I said why did you even come in here if you don't have a twin screw set up to give VALID INFORMATION on? I would like for people who own a Kenne Bell to come in here and discuss which cai or rai they are running.

BUT You post in this thread, start being an ass, talking about you don't like what other people like and boners and shit and you don't even have a Kenne Bell to GIVE INFORMATION on this subject. cool you don't like what others like. Do you want a cookie? The topic of this thread is most beneficial intake for Kenne Bell and you don't have one, so I was glad you came in and gave your .2 cents for shits and giggles talkin about boners, gay ******. :loser:

Lastly, I know I'm not an expert on this. That is why I posted a thread to gain knowledge about it you dumb F*ck.

EDIT: I apologize to everyone about this. This went too far. Carry on lol

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
No, I'm not insulting you with you don't own a TS. I said why did you even come in here if you don't have a twin screw set up to give VALID INFORMATION on?

You post in this thread, start being an ass, talking about you don't like what other people like and boners and shit, cool you don't like what others like. Do you want a cookie? The topic of this thread is most beneficial intake for Kenne Bell and you don't have one, so I was glad you came in and gave your .2 cents for shits and giggles talkin about boners, gay ******. :loser:

I apologize to everyone else about this. This went to far.

Send me your ole lady and I'll show you what kind of a gay ****** I am.

I posted here asking a question, and the conclusion to the answer I got was that everyone on here is a JLT fanboy, and everyone is rocking the exact same shit.

I just staighted that I personnally don't like buy a product that 90%+ of everyone else buys if it has no benefit to the next product. I didn't say it was a POS, or say y'all were dumb asses for doing that, I just personnally don't like doing that. If you don't like that then fine. If you want to argue it then fine. IDGAF.

Girl Scout cookies are some good MF'ing cookies. If you want to send me some of them thats cool with me.

Don't apologize because you are ignorant if you're sorry to everyone else after you helped drag this argument out for so long. If you keep on with this argument I'm going to keep going, so lets see how sorry you really are.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Who cares. Put your differences aside. Get this thread back on topic before it gets closed and/or ya'll get banned.

I chose JLT soley because I found someone else running Track times I wanted to run and I copied their setup.

J-roc, obviously you are entitled to your opinion for whatever reason but can you honestly tell me that not likeing something just because everyone esle does ins't immature. Could it be that possibly the reason everyone else likes it is because it might just be because it is the best product you can buy for that amount of money? Lots of people buy Ford Mustangs and think they are the greatest car on the face of the planet but you still bought one.

Chris, again he is entitled to his opinion for whatever he wants. It is best to ignore off the wall comments and roll on.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
J-roc, obviously you are entitled to your opinion for whatever reason but can you honestly tell me that not likeing something just because everyone esle does ins't immature. Could it be that possibly the reason everyone else likes it is because it might just be the best product you can buy for that amount of money? Lots of people buy Ford Mustangs and think they are the greatest car on the face of the planet but you still bought one.

I'm not really worried about how people perceive my maturity. If you want to run a JLT intake then fine, they're good CAI's. I just personnally don't like them because of all the fanboys for them.

My main problem with everybody being fanboys to one product or company is they act like they are so much better than the next, and that no other product can compete. Its alway "The Tri-Ax/Pro 5.0 is a POS and MGW is the only STS to have. Dont look at any other shifter."(thats an example. Billetflow pulley's are another)

First of all its untrue, there are plenty of good companies for almost every part out there.

Second it screws over other manufactures of parts for these cars when everybody recommends one produce as being superior to all others, and then stating that the competition is crap just because they personnally like a certain company.

As a whole it seems that the Terminator community gets stuck on certain products, and the huge majority buys that specific one because of it. Their normally very good products, but their not above and beyond much or their competition.

BTW I'm a Ford/Mustang person. Thats my automotive team, but GM, and others make great products and have huge followings also.

Last edited:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Come on guys, lets keep it civil. Also slow03cobra you cant really say that your temps went up 30* with a RAI, what do you expect? you live in the hottest state in the US. Last i checked oklahoma isnt all that hot. I have had a RAI on my car and it has been perfect with the heatshield over it. Also CAIs are horrible because the slightest bit of water will hydrolock the motor...

:dw: Ya, I can say they were up 30+ degree's over a CAI, considering it was the same ambient temperature outside on both dyno runs/road tests. It is what it is, bud. I'm just posting my results for the OP to help him make an educated decision. I guess RAI's work for some people but it sure as hell didn't work for me. Regardless of what state someone w/ a twin screw blower is in, I encourage them to data-log (on a road test) both intakes and compare IAT1 & 2 temps and see the results for themselves. I'm actually from Kansas (and owned my first Cobra while living there) so I'm well aware of the temps/humidity in the midwest. As for the CAI's ability to hydro-lock a motor, sure it could happen but not w/out a real good amount of water getting sucked up in there. A little caution for big water puddles will suffice. However, driving the car in the rain is no big deal. And again, I speak from personal experience.

LQQKOUT

Established Member
I had a RAI on my car when I did the swap to my 2.2 and IAT's were sky high. I switched to a high boost CAI and they lowered 30+ degrees. No way in hell I'd put a RAI on my car again. There's a reason KB voids warranties (even though it doesn't apply to you in this situation) for putting that crap on w/ a twin screw. You should be fine w/ the intake you already have on the car. Congrats on the new blower, btw. You're gonna love it!

I made the same move and lost almost .2 and 3 MPH in the 1/8. I went back to the RAI. The IAT are higher but my charge temps were about the same in the end. The car responds better and my times are back to normal. :)

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
:dw: Ya, I can say they were up 30+ degree's over a CAI, considering it was the same ambient temperature outside on both dyno runs/road tests. It is what it is, bud. I'm just posting my results for the OP to help him make an educated decision. I guess RAI's work for some people but it sure as hell didn't work for me. Regardless of what state someone w/ a twin screw blower is in, I encourage them to data-log (on a road test) both intakes and compare IAT1 & 2 temps and see the results for themselves. I'm actually from Kansas (and owned my first Cobra while living there) so I'm well aware of the temps/humidity in the midwest. As for the CAI's ability to hydro-lock a motor, sure it could happen but not w/out a real good amount of water getting sucked up in there. A little caution for big water puddles will suffice. However, driving the car in the rain is no big deal. And again, I speak from personal experience.
I find this interesting because I have datalogged a few different cars with different intakes and found very little difference between the CAI and RAI.

I myself have owned a JLT High Boost CAI and switched to a RAI and the only time I saw a difference was when the car was sitting still. The IAT1 would be a little higher with the RAI. As soon as I started moving even 10 mph, the IAT's were equal.

Another thing to note is that I could really care less about the IAT1 anyway. The IAT2's on my car were always around 30-40* over ambient at the end of a pull no matter what intake I had on.

Because of my own personal research and datalogging, I choose the RAI due less bends, fitment and easy of maintenance.

BTW: this was tested in the Texas heat!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread