are you happy with it? yes? no? on-the-fence?

are you happy with it?

• YES

Votes: 222 55.5%
  • NO

Votes: 57 14.3%
  • ON-THE-FENCE

Votes: 121 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
My thoughts exactly....that nose!!!!! wtf

THIS... That nose is ****ED...and to think I've only accumulated 2,300 miles on my 13' anticipating a trade which damn sure isn't gonna happen now. The damn headlights almost look like those from a 99-04 mustang turned upside down...I think it'll appeal to the Euro's and Ricer converts. Never cared for the 94-98 or the 05-09 so maybe the 2020 will once again be a good looking Stang...

coolmac

Established Member
The final draft is here . . . and I'm on the fence.
1) Great rear end lighting, 3 dimensional, rear quarters, rear side glass and a real diffuser.
2) Front end mouth is to large, they say Shark, I say Catfish. It needs more 3 dimensional effects, to match the rear of the car, with good air effects.
3) The complete car needs down sized 10%,for weight and more GT Coupe styling.
4) The drivetrain upgrade with IRS, it was needed. That's all that was needed. My Getrag has been great.
5) Upgrading the brakes to six piston 15" rotors, needed for any heavy car.
6) The interior is fighter jet look and feel, love it . . . I hope the seats are more bolstered.

The 2015 Mustang will be an import in Europe.
Thus making it more inline with BMWs price.

I will still be driving my 2011 GT and waiting for the MY 2016 for the SVTs.

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
THIS... That nose is ****ED...and to think I've only accumulated 2,300 miles on my 13' anticipating a trade which damn sure isn't gonna happen now. The damn headlights almost look like those from a 99-04 mustang turned upside down...I think it'll appeal to the Euro's and Ricer converts. Never cared for the 94-98 or the 05-09 so maybe the 2020 will once again be a good looking Stang...

That's exactly how I feel....after the fox bodies I finally was happy getting a 2013 and plan on modding the shit out of it now after seeing the 2015.

skulls

Established Member
To me...I think ford took a page out of gm's book and what they did with the vette and just copied bits of other cars and put it together...the overall side appearance looks like a bulbis fr-s, front looks like a streched and pulled z4 ish front end and the rear looks like the back of merc from a couple of years back...to me its all a bit to bulbis, the hood has WAY to much going on and those weird "notches" right by the head lights and very back rear quarter panel are odd...the interior is SICK...wish my '13 had that interior. ..

SlowSVT

Established Member
I voted "on the fence" but leaning toward "no"

From what I've read they lengthened the hood which is something I don't like

The interior looks "decent" but a bit "busy" (too much brightwork)

The exterior looks nice but has a lot of "lines". Looks like the Large Mouth Bass grill off the early GT500 is back.

They kept the 107" wheelbase :(

The IRS is not double A-arm but looks more like a semi-trailing arm with a single upper link. Somewhere I read the GT500 will still get an SRA.

It's not bad and perhaps it will grow on me like the S197 did with the styling updates.

I'll hold onto my Terminator :rockon:

2015 Ford Mustang Revealed - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

stangfreak

Established Member
yea I am not getting rid of my 03 cobra either. Just look at the pics of the terminator and the other mustangs including the new one http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/981358-2015-mustang-debut.html

The 03 cobra has a timeless look and is still sexy.

At first like I said I didn't like the 2015. But now I do. I wouldn't mind buying a 2015. I am NOT A FAN of the 05-14 mustangs, expect the Shelby 2013 GT500. That's a hot car.

05-14 mustang gt's? No Thanks. I don't care what motor is in there, new technology, etc. ill stick to my terminator.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
I challenge anyone on SVT Performance to design the next Mustang...to your - and everyone else's - liking within the following constraints:
1) It's built on the current platform
2) Maintains interior space with a useable 2+2 format
3) Is 300 lbs lighter
4) Is uniquely Mustang yet...
5) Is not retro
6) And... won't be damned for looking like any other modern sports coupe from...
Aston Martin
Jaguar
BMW
Infiniti
Lexus
Honda
Toyota
Hyundai
Scion
Nissan
Dodge
...some I missed...
...& God-forbid... Chevy

I am sure we'd all welcome the new design.

15GT is not 300lbs lighter. I doubt its 200lbs lighter.

CW1343

Established Member
It definitely surprised me! As far as I'm concerned it's time for a test drive... a long one... around a road course possibly :banana: I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new suspension holds up against the competition, and maybe even more importantly how it compares to the previous generation.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Meh.......I dont like the headlights and how wide the grill is. The headlights are too far apart.........It kind of reminds me of that old cartoon show Hey, Arnold. The main character had a head shaped like a football so his eyes are really far apart......this is what I see when I look at the front of the car:

Hey-Arnold_zpse29515e2.gif

Also, I feel like the rearend took a step backwards from the 13/14 models.

I like the rest of the lines tho and I think bringing back the fastback was a good choice and the pagoda roof is a nice touch (you wont see a sunroof with that there).

I think im gonna just get a 13 boss 302 next year........with an I-1 Procharger

Last edited:

germeezy1

Established Member
I am on the fence, and I would be highly surprised if this car which did not get smaller as rumored is 200-300 lbs lighter model for model.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's not going to excite everyone, BUT.....I've got to say that I'm as excited about the '15 GT as I was when I was looking at the '03 Cobra back in the Fall of 2002. It's going to be hard to have to wait until the Fall to buy one. :(

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I love my 13 and think the newest gt500s look better than the GT model releases here.
However, I think the SVT model of this new design will trump the 13/14s.

I hate this goddamned phone. I cant even copy a GD picture.

Users who are viewing this thread