are you happy with it? yes? no? on-the-fence?

are you happy with it?

• YES

Votes: 222 55.5%
  • NO

Votes: 57 14.3%
  • ON-THE-FENCE

Votes: 121 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

14GT500Robert

Established Member
I wish I could change my vote from on the fence to yes, after seeing the side by side and various colors and combos I really like it and glad I did not grab the 2014 GT500.i was really close. The S550 svt/shelby version will be my next car.

The Reaper

Established Member
The only thing worrying me about the '15, is kind of how Ford got out the '10 with the old powertrain and became an odd ball bastard child. You got the looks of the 11+ 5.0's, but the speed of the retired -'09 3V's. I'm hoping ford doesn't release the direct injection and lots better options come '16 otherwise the '15 will also become the odd one out. As far as how the '15 looks, i really like it. Some body configurations all single color keyed look blah, while the broken up two tone really look good. The front is still working on me, but with different splitters and packages im sure they will look fine.

This has been on my mind as well. I would be really pissed off if I bought a 2015 and the 2016 came with 50 extra hp or more.

Last edited:

skulls

Established Member
I'm feeling the same way. the 13 tail lights were the nicest lights and now they are starting to look dated. Not even going to mention my 12 rears.

Id disagree...the '13 tails, with the rings were following the trend of many high end cars...look at the tails on any new merc, audi, infinity, etc, they all have a more creative approach to making "shapes" with the lights...plus the dual purpose brake light/reverse light was genius...now its down on the lower valance like the fr-s/brz...the '15 tails look to have gone back to just solid red...im surprised by it to...because the headlights continue to advance forward with the 3 "lines", just like the high euro's you see on the road have a design with thier "driving" lights...but im in the minority in this. I think the '15 is nice, but just doesn't top the '13/'14 to me....I was set to trade in my '13 on a '15 if it was just that much better...but as of now, I wont be...however, seeing it in person may change my mind.

G-Mann

Established Member
No wow factor for me so I was disappointed. It is a good looking car but so is the car I already got and just not that much of a redesign. Perhaps when I see it in person the refinements will stand out.

I do like some of the things they have done to make the engine more stout and enhanced but no direct inject??? It is looking like they are saving that to be the camaro bubble buster for 2016 so ford is keeping that ace up their sleeve and will get the suckers with the 2015 model.

Opens the door for some other players with the info I see right now.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
14 GT tails will be in style for the next 20 years. They look so beastly and progressive.

GrayGhost Dog

Established Member
No wow factor for me so I was disappointed. It is a good looking car but so is the car I already got and just not that much of a redesign. Perhaps when I see it in person the refinements will stand out.

I do like some of the things they have done to make the engine more stout and enhanced but no direct inject??? It is looking like they are saving that to be the camaro bubble buster for 2016 so ford is keeping that ace up their sleeve and will get the suckers with the 2015 model.

Opens the door for some other players with the info I see right now.

A lot of speculations and assumptions being thrown out there... It's very well possible that that they may not do a major refresh until 2020. It's pretty obvious that Chevy will eventually follow with an answer for the new S550... that is their m.o. Will it be as good or better? I don't know. I can't foresee the future, but right now I know what the new Mustang has to offer and it's a whole lot! I think most knew that a totally new Mustang was on the horizon. It's going to make some very happy and others not so much. Those who get it will be extremely happy and those who don't will still enjoy what they sit behind the wheel in.

blksn8k

Established Member
The styling is evolutionary enough to make it fresh but not so much so that it will not be recognized as a Mustang. Works for me. The real key for me are the suspension upgrades. We will have to wait until the car rags get to test some prototypes but based solely on the specs we have seen so far I think the 2015 should be a definite improvement in ride and handling over the S197. If the GT can hang with a Boss 302 on a road course that would be awesome. Any power increase from the Coyote would be icing on the cake.

germeezy1

Established Member
The styling is evolutionary enough to make it fresh but not so much so that it will not be recognized as a Mustang. Works for me. The real key for me are the suspension upgrades. We will have to wait until the car rags get to test some prototypes but based solely on the specs we have seen so far I think the 2015 should be a definite improvement in ride and handling over the S197. If the GT can hang with a Boss 302 on a road course that would be awesome. Any power increase from the Coyote would be icing on the cake.

I think that we will see R comp only 15 Mustangs lapping with modified suspension maybe even Griggs or Cortex Boss 302s.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Some ?s- will it be able to fit (or come with) a large rear rim /tire(305)? will there be any wheel hop? will it be able to be power shifted with ease? will it come with Michelin tires? base price? (my guess is 30k entry level)

Last edited:

skulls

Established Member
Some ?s- will it be able to fit (or come with) a large rear rim /tire(305)? will there be any wheel hop? will it be able to be power shifted with ease? will it come with Michelin tires?

Not sure why a car needs to have a 305 tire to be accepted, almost a guarantee it will have wheel hop...considering most IRS with big power struggle with it., a "refined" mt-82, still resides in the car...I expect a similar experience to the current models, you can buy Michelin's if you want them, or replace them if you dont.

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
I like the shape n it finally has some sex appeal edges and curves...

But as stated before...

the **** is wrong with that grille and the front bumper? Front does look very very plain and not aggressive at all...the headlights look cheap and so dodge" And the back still is egh to Me

just not attractive! back window is weird looking, n the interior is better but still looks cheap but hey its only 2015??!!! haha

not sold but it is in the right direction! I will still stick with My 2003

damn Ford...DAMN..... do not go EURO, it is going that direction!

Can anyone see this car on the drag with its front off the ground!? NO it looks like a euro mobile...ew

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
I keep seeing vids n pics and all I think or comes to mind is...

FORD TAURUS mixed with FORD FUSION styling.

c. love

Established Member
i would love to have a 2015--but i jut got two new cars. So im in to be the 1st to trade off my straight axle for an IRS setup from a 15, I hope they bolt up.

Users who are viewing this thread