are you happy with it? yes? no? on-the-fence?

are you happy with it?

• YES

Votes: 222 55.5%
  • NO

Votes: 57 14.3%
  • ON-THE-FENCE

Votes: 121 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingnut

Established Member
Way to early to tell. As far as $$$ its going to be overpriced, I can guarantee you that. The fact that ford made this car longer and wider weigh savings are minimal. Im gonna guess 100lbs lighter max. Separate turn signals are a fail. No direct injection for the 5.0. I hope it handles great with the IRS because right now there doesnt look to be much of an upside besides the new suspension.

kingnut

Established Member
Just to reiterate... did they really make this mfer bigger than the 14GT? Potential European buyers for this price point like smaller cars. Global my ass. This is big for americans also. The 14's are already pigs compared to the size of a 2004 mustang. Also ford can we get a moonroof option?

BREMBO12

Established Member
It makes no difference now. It is a done deal....the commercial is after the young demographic who can't afford. Good luck in the economy...

Last edited:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Way to early to tell. As far as $$$ its going to be overpriced, I can guarantee you that. The fact that ford made this car longer and wider weigh savings are minimal. Im gonna guess 100lbs lighter max. Separate turn signals are a fail. No direct injection for the 5.0. I hope it handles great with the IRS because right now there doesnt look to be much of an upside besides the new suspension.

How are separate turn signals a fail? It looks much like the late 60s mustang.

Personally I like it but then again, I'm one of those younger generation that you believe can't afford it. I couldn't keep my brand new truck but I could afford it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am totally in! Ford did it right pretty much all around. Now the long wait for a test drive.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
The coupe looks ok but the convertible looks like poop. I will wait for SVT's version most likely.

kingnut

Established Member
How are separate turn signals a fail? It looks much like the late 60s mustang.

Personally I like it but then again, I'm one of those younger generation that you believe can't afford it. I couldn't keep my brand new truck but I could afford it.

You totally misread my post. I said nothing about anyone being able to afford it. I did mention Europeans because this is a world car. Yes the separate turn signals are a fail. Lets bring back metal bumpers while we are at it.

Zevox

Established Member
I voted on the fence. I like it okay on the pictures but you can never really tell until you see it in person so I'm holding my final decision. Not to mention the price of it might change my opinion.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
You totally misread my post. I said nothing about anyone being able to afford it. I did mention Europeans because this is a world car. Yes the separate turn signals are a fail. Lets bring back metal bumpers while we are at it.

I don't see how it's a fail. It might be one housing with the body separating it. That's how the 60s were. The bumper thing is a bit ridiculous, but I can see why Ford did the taillights the way they did.

Last edited:

RedCandyGT

Established Member
I love it! I know the 2015 will have the 5.0, and I hope Ford continues to produce these motors and not discontinue them in favor of eco-boost technology (yuck!). The IRS is something that I (and many others) have wanted for a long time and I'm glad its finally here. I'm also very interested for more info on the GT350, as I will probably go that route in 2016. I also want to wait a year while they work out any mechanical issues and add design improvements, as they typically do.

The car they rolled out looks like it sat pretty low (no 4x4 gap) which is nice. I think Ford did a nice job with the aggressive styling on the front end ensuring that it looks more like a Mustang and less like a Fusion. I also like the profile view, especially the cockpit design. From the back it looks okay, but I will reserve my judgement on that until I see all the models/options available.

Mxfrench

Established Member
Like the front hate the back.
Waiting to see what the svt looks like and orange repeat orange to me
is a yesssssssssssssssssssss.
Wish my shelby was fricken orange

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I love it, the front end needs a different grille, but I love the rear and the more fast back look it has.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
After seeing it on Good Morning America today, I must say it looks amazing on my television! Miles better than any pic/video on a PC or phone screen.

FX4ALL

Established Member
Really, really hoping it looks better in person.. We were thinking of buying one in 2015 (time to get the bugs worked out), but rethinking that now.

califsp

Established Member
On the fence here. I love my black 2013 GT. Love the front of the car and the tail lights. It will be nice to see more pics of the GT. I don't understand why Ford would use a base model for the GMA unvieling. It was probably an ecoboost too. Front and rear are boring. Looks like the designers took a belt sander to the clay model and took off every edge.

s|ck

Established Member
Front looks like chit, looks like a Euro car now. Lost all the muscularity the Mustang once had.

U dun goofed Ford.

Mark-Cuban-disbelief.gif

Users who are viewing this thread