are you happy with it? yes? no? on-the-fence?

are you happy with it?

• YES

Votes: 222 55.5%
  • NO

Votes: 57 14.3%
  • ON-THE-FENCE

Votes: 121 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris Proia

Established Member
what dodge does it look like?
I work for dodge and i walked the yard just to see and nothing looks like it to me.
Sadly, a Durango..

2012-dodge-durango_zpsbb7d6e75.gif

1hot281

Established Member
I think it looks great. Glad to see Ford stepping away from the Retro thing. Too bad they didn't step very far.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
the design is slick......and they kept enough Mustang in it to keep it recognizable.....
if this design came before the Fusion then everyone would prob like the front end better....and Im sure there is a refresh a few years down the road to give a chance for something slicker...

at least they didnt look like they cluttered it up with a bunch of fake plastic scoops and such....and the stance looks good in the pics so far.....

better than I expected, but I don't love every detail of it.....
I thought they might go sexy with the interior, but seems like they stuck with the big American buttons and clunky steering wheel........the good news is Ford still believes in giving the masses high HP......and it will be technologically advanced over any other Mustang......and for the first time in a very long time I think the Coupe looks better than the Vert......but if I buy one it will still be a Vert, cause it just feels good(and sounds like Ford finally got rid of the plastic tops and went cloth)

I am a little surprised that they are offering 3 engines the first year....usually they hold that kinda thing for a year or 2 and then release the new "TURBO" model....and any of them are gonna be faster than the 4.6 GTs from not that long ago....and get some decent mileage....

Ford has brought the Mustang forward this time....which has not always been the case....remember the Mustang II?

I find it hard to believe that this design is so radical that there are mustang owners saying they hate it....seems like a good compromise of new/classic design elements....

kcsburk

Established Member
The pics below look pretty good, but when I see the hi res photos I am having a tough time with the nose and hood(so big in comparison with the rest of the car) and the back end well its different. I feel like the car is shaped like a wedge of cheese with the front end being the bigger part of the wedge. Look at the high res photos of the red car. There is a pic taken directly above the car...you will see what I mean. Honestly, I will have to wait and see the car in person. I do like the interior, I think it was designed well.

I lowered the car in the front and the back and lowered the hood a bit as well. Looks much better IMO

2015MustangGT2_zps39d56be9.gif

Last edited:

CobRoush-00

Established Member
2 thumbs up. Ford did a good job trying to please everyone who still think the Mustang should look and perform like in 1964 and the new generation that looks for a more futuristic design while keeping the Mustang DNA. I can't wait to see the SVT production of the car.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Very, very nicely done!!! Great looking from all sides. Best looking tail-end treatment ever on a Mustang....classic Mustang muscle car with a dose of real elegance. Looks like they finally pulled the backup lights out of the triple-lights...making a classier look. A tighter package all around. Lost a lot of black plastic. Great sculpting of the side panels with a really nice pinched waist that accentuates the flairs. A sense of broader hips based on the narrow rear roof line. My favorite Mustang design to date. Not sure how much smaller and lighter it is...but we shall see. My guess is after the intentional family resemblance imbued in the front fascia to establish the brand overseas...you are going to see a facelift in a few years. Frankly, I wouldn't touch anything else. Wonder what the widest tires it will support...the GT treads look a little anemic.

The Autoweek renderings really didn't capture the true look. I hate wide angle shots...they really distort the true look of any vehicle.

Great Job Ford!!! Damn, I want one.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
I voted yes. People know how I feel about 05-14 cars. But this one after seeing the unveiling, I love it. I love the whole car. I am not selling my cobra bit if the price is right, I will buy a 2015 and park it next to my cobra. I was on the fence with the rear end. But today I just fell in love with the car.

orlo

Established Member
I'm disappointed, to say the least, and I honestly can't understand how someone can "love" the new design. Let's be frank.The lines absolutely suck. I'll go as far as to say that exterior already looks dated. It's as if they ditched all of the best parts of the previous generation mustangs and retained the ones that really needed to go. I guess this isn't surprising given the recent trend of auto companies neutering designs to sell to a broader audience. Okay, now it all makes sense to me.......Ford has simply sold out. Let me break it down for you. People from different countries and cultures have different tastes and, more specifically, ideas of what beauty is. Ford knows that in order for the mustang to sell in foreign countries (which it will), it has to lose some of it's unique (aka, badass) styling traits in exchange for more neutral ones...and that is EXACTLY what we have here. I can't blame Ford execs for wanting to expand their market (and their bank accounts), but they are doing it at the expense of a piece of American history. Don't get me wrong, the car is not ugly by any means, but it's disappointingly bland compared to what we've grown accustomed to. The great thing is that WE, as consumers, get to tell Ford what we think based on our purchase (or lack-thereof). Again, this is just my opinion and i'm basing it purely off of my love for cars like the terminator cobra, viper and c6 z06.

Jroc

Established Member
I don't hate it but here's what I think.

It reminds me of the 2014 Silverado/Sierra. It's just too much like the previous model it's replacing. It's suppose to be all new, but it seems too similar in most every way. I feel that the next Camaro will better it's performance in general, just like I think the 2015 will be a better truck than the GM twins if it's anything like the Atlas concept. Like the new GM twins 1/2 tons I'm sure it boast some nice improvements and is better than the outgoing model, and it might be enough to put it on top for a moment, but it's not enough to keep it on top for long as it's too similar to what it replaces.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
At first, I hated it. Saw it unveiled on the Today Show and I gotta say..I'm comind around! That and the interior looks phenomenal imo.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I challenge anyone on SVT Performance to design the next Mustang...to your - and everyone else's - liking within the following constraints:
1) It's built on the current platform
2) Maintains interior space with a useable 2+2 format
3) Is 300 lbs lighter
4) Is uniquely Mustang yet...
5) Is not retro
6) And... won't be damned for looking like any other modern sports coupe from...
Aston Martin
Jaguar
BMW
Infiniti
Lexus
Honda
Toyota
Hyundai
Scion
Nissan
Dodge
...some I missed...
...& God-forbid... Chevy

I am sure we'd all welcome the new design.

Eleanor14

Established Member
I'm disappointed, to say the least, and I honestly can't understand how someone can "love" the new design. Let's be frank.The lines absolutely suck. I'll go as far as to say that exterior already looks dated. It's as if they ditched all of the best parts of the previous generation mustangs and retained the ones that really needed to go. I guess this isn't surprising given the recent trend of auto companies neutering designs to sell to a broader audience. Okay, now it all makes sense to me.......Ford has simply sold out. Let me break it down for you. People from different countries and cultures have different tastes and, more specifically, ideas of what beauty is. Ford knows that in order for the mustang to sell in foreign countries (which it will), it has to lose some of it's unique (aka, badass) styling traits in exchange for more neutral ones...and that is EXACTLY what we have here. I can't blame Ford execs for wanting to expand their market (and their bank accounts), but they are doing it at the expense of a piece of American history. Don't get me wrong, the car is not ugly by any means, but it's disappointingly bland compared to what we've grown accustomed to. The great thing is that WE, as consumers, get to tell Ford what we think based on our purchase (or lack-thereof). Again, this is just my opinion and i'm basing it purely off of my love for cars like the terminator cobra, viper and c6 z06.

+1
Exactly what I was thinking...After seeing the 2015, I fell more in love with the 2013/2014 Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread