Are the '11 - 2014 the last of the ''Muscle'' Mustangs?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
You guys gotta realize too that the 15 offers some great options that weren't previously available. Interior upgrades and IRS being the main ones. I would of killed for some cooled seats if they would have been an option for the 13's. the interior on the 15 is much better, more of an everyday drivers car IMO.

Ford is just trying to appeal to everyone instead of the Americans who want big powerful motors and lightweight cars.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are talking in terms of the driving aids and creature comforts, this is a pony car not a supercar, hypercar, or a racecar. Ford is going the same direction as everyone else. If Ford would have stayed behind, the same people complaining about the evolution would complain about the car not evolving. As far as worrying about whether the Mustang will lose the V8, as I said before, the day that the Mustang no longer has a V8 option is the day that Camaro and the Charger no longer offer a V8. The competition will dictate the offerings. I can see a gripe about the driving aids, I am not a big fan of it all. The comfort stuff? It is keeping up with the competition.

If you really want a bare bones track car, build one. You can drop a Coyote powerplant in anything.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
The '15 looks better to me every time I see them lowered with wheels, but I still would rather have a 11-14... In a few years when they make slight changes I am sure it will look a lot better. I do like the rear on the '15 more then previous models, but the front end, not so much.

TK Doom

Established Member
WTF if ferry dust?

Oh, FAIRY DUST.

Unless of course they ground up a ship and sprinkled it on our precious 'stangs.

vergil

Established Member
Exactly, it just didn't rub me the same way either..

Same here, went to dealer for oil change was looking at the new ones I tried really hard, I really liked the rear, looks from the side is ok but that front...

As usual a salesman showed up "would you like to trade in..."

Me: Hell no.

TRMach1

Established Member
Last week I saw a 15 in camo so I was checking it out and the ford engineer approached me and said that they were in Florida testing the car because of some temperature sensors that are being improvised for the 16s. Felt great when he said that him personally he would take the 13-14s over the 15, to him they felt a little big/heavy and the sheet metal was just a little weird. He also said that they were not planning to up the hp for next year, to wait till 2018 if I wanted a jump in hp he sounded pretty excited when he said that.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
im not worried about the looks unlike the drivetrain selection. Ford better not throw that TT V6 EB motor in a "GT500". Give it another name.

I agree. But also I have faith in Ford, since DBK said there is no way ford would drop the V8 nor would they use anything other than a V8 in their halo mustang.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Put this in smack down cause we all know the op is a ***. Op is crying cause he cant afford a 2015. This same talk came out with the mustang II and then the fox then the sn95 then the new edge then the 05 plus. Its the same thing everytime theres a change. Op just has personal issues to get over so he finds an outlet.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Last week I saw a 15 in camo so I was checking it out and the ford engineer approached me and said that they were in Florida testing the car because of some temperature sensors that are being improvised for the 16s. Felt great when he said that him personally he would take the 13-14s over the 15, to him they felt a little big/heavy and the sheet metal was just a little weird. He also said that they were not planning to up the hp for next year, to wait till 2018 if I wanted a jump in hp he sounded pretty excited when he said that.

I've never read a bigger piece of bullshit than this post right here.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a little sore that Ford went away from the Muscle car ''look'', I won't lie about it. I don't think I am alone in that. FIVEHOE has a point too. The new model Mustang does seem very European in presence.
The European design influence was intended. They don't design their cars for just the U.S. market now, but now include the European market (and Asian market) as well. That's not necessarily a bad thing, although diehard Mustang muscle fans might disagree. Time will tell. As far as the 2015, though, I wouldn't say it lacks the muscle appeal of the '11-'14. It's just a different design. Like you said, more European influenced. It's more refined than even the '11-'14, which were the most refined Mustangs to date. Every generations hopefully will just get better than the previous gen. Ford is not going to make the Mustang sterile, that's for sure. JMO.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Well this argument will go on and on as each generation inherits the mustang (and its rivals). If you compare a 60-70 Mustangs to a 99-04 Mustangs people will say that it "lost" it's "muscle" car appeal then. If you compare the 99-04 to the 11-14 models some will say that it "lost" it's "muscle" car appeal then. It's a matter of what you think a "muscle" car is. Example a 03-04 cobra is so raw and has that "muscle" car feel to me but when I drove a 11 GT it felt refined and less raw, less "muscle" car like. All matter of opinion.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm a little sore that Ford went away from the Muscle car ''look'', I won't lie about it. I don't think I am alone in that. FIVEHOE has a point too. The new model Mustang does seem very European in presence.

Did you say the same thing when the SN95 came out in 1994? The 2015 has more of that "muscle car 'look' " you're talking about than the SN95's and New Edge did if a 2014 is your definition of a muscle car "look".

What about the fox body? What do you think people said when it came out? Back then, saying a car looked "European" was a compliment. To a lot of people, it still is.

It's a redesign. Ohnoes, it has an IRS... so does the terminator.

I think the 2015 is one of the best looking Mustangs they've ever made. That's why I'm getting one.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
13/14 GT500 will be outdone.
More HP coming from the big 3

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Guess it depends on your definition of " muscle ".
Muscle car

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high-performance automobiles.[1] The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines muscle cars as "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."[2] A large V8 engine is fitted in a 2-door, rear wheel drive, mid sized car. Sold at an affordable price, muscle cars are intended for street use and occasional drag racing.
I get a kick out of the old timers, ( people my age ), with their 66 GTO's, 442's, & Hemi Road Runners.
.......( mid 13 sec. 1/4 mile times )
The " muscle car era ", makes me laugh every time I hear it.
The Boss 429 was the end of an era.
The 04 Cobra was the end of an era.
The 14 GT500 was the end of an era......What Ford is building now is the start of the " next " era..

Last edited:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
If they are putting a TTV6 in the raptor I would be very surprised if it doesn't end up in the GT500 or equivalent.

Five.Oh

Established Member
Put this in smack down cause we all know the op is a ***. Op is crying cause he cant afford a 2015. This same talk came out with the mustang II and then the fox then the sn95 then the new edge then the 05 plus. Its the same thing everytime theres a change. Op just has personal issues to get over so he finds an outlet.

You my friend are a crack head. You are clearly conflicted about something. I just put it up for discussion and simply shared my opinion that the 2015 dose not appeal to me in the same way as the '13 - '14 Mustangs did and asked if any of you felt the same. That is why I bought a '14 last year, the whole appeal thing. It has nothing to do with money on any level.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I think some of it has to do with "moving with the time" and I think Ford is moving in the right direction. IRS being standard is a perfect example, it's not very "muscle car" but kind of a necessary for a 201x year car. Everyone's going to have a different opinion based on their age or fanaticism.

Users who are viewing this thread