Are the '11 - 2014 the last of the ''Muscle'' Mustangs?

Five.Oh

Established Member
Please feel free to share your thought's with me.

Do you feel like Ford is leaving the ''Muscle Car Mystique'' behind with the developments and refinements the company has made with the new 2015 Mustang? It almost seems to me that Ford took a page out of Aston Martin's book of tricks and fairy dust. The 2015 Mustangs feel like a GT (Grand Touring) car. The classic Muscle car feel and blocky steroid injected curb appeal is gone. When I think of a mustang and I hope I am not alone on my thoughts but I do not think of the new 2015 model.

Is this a good or a bad thing?, Will the chassis change mean that the more iconic shape of the '11 - '14 Mustangs might hold there value better than we have seen in the past?

I'm not saying change is a bad thing.

:beer:

Last edited:

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
Doubtful. Ford knows what the Mustang is in terms of iconic Americana. Sprinkling it with too much "ferry dust" would inevitably create consumer disdain. And that would affect sales.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
wasnt it "ferry dust" that caused that tragedy in south korea? i dont think ford wants that on their hands. :nonono:

so the answer is no.

Five.Oh

Established Member
Doubtful. Ford knows what the Mustang is in terms of iconic Americana. Sprinkling it with too much "ferry dust" would inevitably create consumer disdain. And that would affect sales.

I do feel like Ford must have a direction. That direction seems to be leaning toward road racing with the new IRS (Bada**) and the new GT350/350R (even more bada**).

My main feeling in question is as cool as the 2015 Mustangs are. In your opinion(s) did Ford remove part of what the Mustang is to make room for the new model and will that leave enthusiast looking back toward the older model's?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You dont make much sense op. The 11-14 would be in the same league as the 15. Its very refined compared to the pre 05. Really based on yours thoughts you really want the 60s-70s early mustangs or a fox body.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
To answer your question about going back to the raw-ness, no ford will never do that with the future generations of mustangs. The whole reason they switched looks was to try and appeal to the euro market. Which is another reason they brought out the ecoboost 4cyl. I imagine ford looks at the "muscle era" as a thing of the past. Nothing but refinement from here on out IMO

I also wouldn't be surprised to start seeing twin turbo'd v6's in fords high end models (like the gt500).

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
I do feel like Ford must have a direction. That direction seems to be leaning toward road racing with the new IRS (Bada**) and the new GT350/350R (even more bada**).

My main feeling in question is as cool as the 2015 Mustangs are. In your opinion(s) did Ford remove part of what the Mustang is to make room for the new model and will that leave enthusiast looking back toward the older model's?

I understand what you're saying but I don't think they will veer so far from what the Mustang was that no one wants what it is.....With that said I really hope there is always a V8 option. Like five hoe said about the boosted v6s etc.

Last edited:

Five.Oh

Established Member
I understand what you're saying but I don't think they will veer so far from what the Mustang was that no one wants what it is.....With that said I really hope there is always a V8 option. Like five hoe said about the boosted v6s etc.

Couldn't agree more

Five.Oh

Established Member
You dont make much sense op. The 11-14 would be in the same league as the 15. Its very refined compared to the pre 05. Really based on yours thoughts you really want the 60s-70s early mustangs or a fox body.

I'm a little sore that Ford went away from the Muscle car ''look'', I won't lie about it. I don't think I am alone in that. FIVEHOE has a point too. The new model Mustang does seem very European in presence.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm a little sore that Ford went away from the Muscle car ''look'', I won't lie about it. I don't think I am alone in that. FIVEHOE has a point too. The new model Mustang dose seem very European in presence.

An what do you think the 10-12 look like? Not very muscle car looking. The 13-14 look much better an the 15 looks much better than the 10-12. Not really seeing your guys point. The mustang still has its mustang trade marks. I think you guys are just over thinking things really

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
im not worried about the looks unlike the drivetrain selection. Ford better not throw that TT V6 EB motor in a "GT500". Give it another name.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
I'm a little sore that Ford went away from the Muscle car ''look'', I won't lie about it. I don't think I am alone in that. FIVEHOE has a point too. The new model Mustang does seem very European in presence.

100% agreed. I just had my first '15 sighting in person this week, and was just as disappointed as I thought I'd be. There's literally nothing that drew me to the car.. really disappointing as a Mustang enthusiast since I was old enough to appreciate cars.

Five.Oh

Established Member
100% agreed. I just had my first '15 sighting in person this week, and was just as disappointed as I thought I'd be. There's literally nothing that drew me to the car.. really disappointing as a Mustang enthusiast since I was old enough to appreciate cars.

Exactly, it just didn't rub me the same way either..

blk02edge

Established Member
Mustang never was a muscle car so I do not feel the same way.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
im not worried about the looks unlike the drivetrain selection. Ford better not throw that TT V6 EB motor in a "GT500". Give it another name.

I doubt they would use all that R & D and not put it to use, just sayin lol

you might be disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread