Any pullied Cobra's want to play in Ausitn

musclefan21

Established Member
90% of them are not driving on drag radials. I would hope a pullied Cobra on drag radials would beat a C5 Z on street tires. Put both cars on the same tires and then I think we have a different race.

dude you called out a modded car with your stock car and now playing sticky tires game with me. that is the most retarted thing i have ever heard.

and, go back a few pages and read my posts on best c5 Z06 times on drag radials and you will see best run on DRs is 11.5 and that is BEST.

Different conditions, elevations, drivers, humidity, ect. I've seen stock C5 Z's running better times than pullied Cobras at some tracks and vise versa.

guess what, i have seen 13 sec pullied cobras, and i also have seen 14 second GT500s and high 12 sec C6 z06s what is your point here? I am talking about cars here and your car WILL NEVER run faster than pullied cobras. and yes, 90% of them already on drag radials, i can post a poll here if you want. here in IL, almost every single cobra has at least nittos on.

You are talking about from a dig. Like I said it's different from a roll race.

so how it is different from a roll while a cobra has better trap speed than Z? if you really think 4-5mph trap speed won't make a difference, than you need to start road racing or not race at all because drag racing is not for you.

Last edited:

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
if he jumped you should have stayed put. then nothing happens. if you chase you race.

JD_Z28

Established Member
Here's two quotes from a Cobra owner on a Stang site.

"A stock C5-Z can run high 11's at 117+ and will kill a pullied Cobra on the top end".

"The last Z06 I raced handed me my butt".

I'm not saying I agree with what he said I just find it funny that he doesn't think a pullied Cobra would kill a C5 Z hmmmm....

musclefan21

Established Member
Here's two quotes from a Cobra owner on a Stang site.

"A stock C5-Z can run high 11's at 117+ and will kill a pullied Cobra on the top end".

I'm not saying I agree with what he said I just find it funny that he doesn't think a pullied Cobra would kill a C5 Z hmmmm....

lol. so you quote a dude who knows nothing about the car he owns and has no idea what his car capable of?
BTW: where is the video of that loser?

musclefan21

Established Member
01qwickcobra said:
I was in musclefan21's pullied Cobra racing a C5 Z06 last year on the interstate and the Z06 didnt have a chance. The Z0 driver had driver mod and stole the hit a few times and Erdal (musclefan21) still reeled him in and past him easily.

End of story

P.S. I have no reason to lie about it cause I'm friends with musclefan21 and the driver and owner of the Z06. So I dont wanna here any BS from anyone.

here is my buddy's comment.

JD_Z28

Established Member
lol. so you quote a dude who knows nothing about the car he owns and has no idea what his car capable of?
BTW: where is the video of that loser?

I don't know. The guy who posted the last vid of me racing the pullied Cobra is the one who video taped it. I don't have his number he is someone that goes out to the races and makes cool vids. I'm sure when he's done with it he will see this thread and post the vid.

musclefan21

Established Member
I guess it can go either way since it's a drivers race. I think their so close that's why theres vid of it going either way.

it is a drivers race and i put 3 cars on a badass 9 sec cobra driver right? show me proofs, not what you think. I think a veryon vs my cobra is a drivers race but i dont have any proof. does that sound right?

dude, do you relaize that you have shown us nothing but a video of you against a z06 and we got back at you with another video and we have shown you tons of evidence here in this thread or on LS1tech that a pullied cobra > stock Z06 but you just ignore the fact just because you beat or stayed even with a pullied cobra?

i stayed even with my buddy's 535rwhp LIGHTER 2000 GT from a 40mph till 140mph 4 times in a row and i am man enough to say that it shouldn't have been that way, something was up even though the driver told me that his car was running just fine with no issues.

again, you have shown no proof or said anything made sense so far ad we have shown you many and you simply ignored them all. show me 1 techincal proof that a Z will outperform or be even with cobra. just 1 please.
do yourself a favor, stop defending your car. it is not a bad or slow car and we relaize it but get over it. pullied cobra will simply outperform a stock Z.

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
it is a drivers race and i put 3 cars on a badass 9 sec cobra driver right? show me proofs, not what you think. I think a veryon vs my cobra is a drivers race but i dont have any proof. does that sound right?

dude, do you relaize that you have shown us nothing but a video of you against a z06 and we got back at you with another video and we have shown you tons of evidence here in this thread or on LS1tech that a pullied cobra > stock Z06 but you just ignore the fact just because you beat or stayed even with a pullied cobra?

i stayed even with my buddy's 535rwhp LIGHTER 2000 GT from a 40mph till 140mph 4 times in a row and i am man enough to say that it shouldn't have been that way, something was up even though the driver told me that his car was running just fine with no issues.

again, you have shown no proof or said anything made sense so far ad we have shown you many and you simply ignored them all. show me 1 techincal proof that a Z will outperform or be even with cobra. just 1 please.
do yourself a favor, stop defending your car. it is not a bad or slow car and we relaize it but get over it. pullied cobra will simply outperform a stock Z.

I'm not sure if you're following this thread but there was a few vids I posted of stock C5 Z's beating pullied Cobras. There were even several guys on tech that said their stock Z's beat pullied Cobras.

Sorry but you haven't showed me any technical proof that a pullied Cobra is faster than a stock C5 Z from a roll other than vids. I showed you plenty of vids of stocks Z's beating pullied Cobras to.

Please tell me what I posted that doesn't make sense. Half the shit you say doesn't make sense, look at your 2nd paragraph here.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
I'm not sure if you're following this thread but there was a few fids I posted of stock C5 Z's beating pullied Cobras. There was even several guys on tech that said their stock Z's beat pullied Cobras.

Sorry but you haven't showed me any technical proof that a pullied Cobra is faster than a stock C5 Z from a roll other than vids. I showed you plenty of vids of stocks Z's beating pullied Cobras to.

Please tell me what I posted that doesn't make sense. Half the shit you say doesn't make sense, look at your 2nd paragraph here.

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:

don't talk, show me, all that "Plenty videos" and post threads of those dudes who said that they beat pullied cobras.

i showed you the biggest proof my own video of me trapping almost 123mph then 122mph which z06 has never trapped that before and roll racing is all about trap speed and since pullied cobra trapped better than z06s, pullied cobra wins! does that make sense?

oh by the way, read the thread again, it is not only me saying that a pullied cobra > stock Z a lot of people in this thread saying the same thing.

also, i posted a video of a cai / catback cobra vert against a cai / catback z06 and Z only puts 1-2 cars on cobra. LOL:lol1:

i will leeave you alone in your dreamland bro. :fart:

JD_Z28

Established Member
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:

don't talk, show me, all that "Plenty videos" and post threads of those dudes who said that they beat pullied cobras.

i showed you the biggest proof my own video of me trapping almost 123mph then 122mph which z06 has never trapped that before and roll racing is all about trap speed and since pullied cobra trapped better than z06s, pullied cobra wins! does that make sense?

oh by the way, read the thread again, it is not only me saying that a pullied cobra > stock Z a lot of people in this thread saying the same thing.

also, i posted a video of a cai / catback cobra vert against a cai / catback z06 and Z only puts 1-2 cars on cobra. LOL:lol1:

i will leeave you alone in your dreamland bro. :fart:

Heres dream land. This is just from this site not tech.

2003 Cobra Pullied Vs Stock 02 Z06
Father Son Gr - Video

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/babaede5-9321-4410-a616-996a001a7dcc.htm"]450rwhp cobra, cammed SS camaro, Z06 w/intake. - Video[/ame]

http://www.streetfire.net/video/3c3a4c47-bf44-45d0-aa0f-9a4e00467967.htm

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=b_rW0XMMoog"]YouTube - Z06 vs Pullied Cobra[/ame]

Quote by whiplash306

I've owned both cars....my '04 Cobra (convertible granted) was pullied and made 454/460 on a Mustang Dyno....my '02 Z is totally stock with the exception of an intake and NO tune.....I honestly think that the race would have been a close one! However, in this particular instance, probably because my '04 Cobra was a vert and therefore heavier, I think the Z might have nosed it.

Quote from Cobra owner on lonestarstangs.com

musclefan21

Established Member
Heres dream land. This is just from this site not tech.

2003 Cobra Pullied Vs Stock 02 Z06
Father Son Gr - Video

450rwhp cobra, cammed SS camaro, Z06 w/intake. - Video

http://www.streetfire.net/video/3c3a4c47-bf44-45d0-aa0f-9a4e00467967.htm

YouTube - Z06 vs Pullied Cobra

Quote by whiplash306

I've owned both cars....my '04 Cobra (convertible granted) was pullied and made 454/460 on a Mustang Dyno....my '02 Z is totally stock with the exception of an intake and NO tune.....I honestly think that the race would have been a close one! However, in this particular instance, probably because my '04 Cobra was a vert and therefore heavier, I think the Z might have nosed it.

Quote from Cobra owner on lonestarstangs.com

ok, check these out:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6263799&postcount=309

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6266035&postcount=318

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464715

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6252434&postcount=284

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6253757&postcount=288

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6254194&postcount=290

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6241508&postcount=233

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6241951&postcount=237

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8815404&postcount=11

I can go on and on and on but i dont have time right now because i got a job to do here.

again, i will leave you alone on your dreamland.

whiplash306

Established Member
Quote by whiplash306

I still stand by my statement....However, and again, after having owned both, I truly feel that on any given day, assuming equal drivers, a well tuned and pullied (regardless of size pulley) Terminator "coupe" will beat a STOCK ZO6 the large majority of the time. I do NOT believe the Terminator will trounce the Z, but it will slowly and steadily pull away....

I do miss my '04 Cobra...fricken' FUN car, but honestly, with the exception of how easy and relatively cheap it is to make large numbers on them, the Z is a far superior car in EVERY OTHER WAY (IMO)!!!! And look y'all, this is coming from someone who's owned 9 Mustangs. I can't even begin to tell you how violent and pissy these Z's are in stock form...unbelievably loud stock exhaust under full throttle, handling that resembles a damn Indy car on rails and to top it all off, greater than 30 mpg CONSISTENTLY on the hwy while cruising at 75 mph....

After having owned 9 Stangs, the Z is a welcomed change. However, you will NEVER hear me downplay the potential and affordability of the '03/'04 Cobras. There's just almost NOTHING like them that the average joe can somewhat afford. Ford did us all a favor by introducing those things to the market.

Alright so, where is this vid....can't wait to see it. And yeah, JD, if the Cobra truly jumped, street racer's strategy and etiquette dictate that you stay out of the throttle indicating that you want a do-over.....it's a legit move! If you want to make a case for yourself on a board full of Cobra owners, you're gonna have to employ and a lot of honest strategy to make your case...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

+100000000, equal drivers with a healthy pullied Cobra it will win everytime. Not just edge it out either, pull a solid 1+ cars.

Here is another vid.

http://www.4get2.com/2007/04/03_cobra_vs_02_z06_both_slightly_modded.php

It's as clear as day, the Cobra is shifting very slow and still pulling in every gear. A pullied Cobra simply out-powers a stock Z06, period.

iLiVeInAbOx05

Established Member
I guess the cobra drivers here suck.. because the first one lost, and the second one started early pulling about a quarter of a car, and then didn't pull at all. Not trying to talk trash, but this "every time" shit doesn't seem to hold at all here. You guys saw the first video, second one will be up soon.

It may be the norm that the pullied cobra will win, I'm not arguing that because I'm not a cobra or vette guy, but both of the pullied cobras here have run quite evenly with this z06, no 1-2 lengths put on him.

JD_Z28

Established Member
I guess the cobra drivers here suck.. because the first one lost, and the second one started early pulling about a quarter of a car, and then didn't pull at all. Not trying to talk trash, but this "every time" shit doesn't seem to hold at all here. You guys saw the first video, second one will be up soon.

It may be the norm that the pullied cobra will win, I'm not arguing that because I'm not a cobra or vette guy, but both of the pullied cobras here have run quite evenly with this z06, no 1-2 lengths put on him.

Thanks for your honesty :beer:

blownaltered

Established Member
The guy is a friends friend. At the end of the race I was just barely in forth gear. Me and the Cobra didn't even reach 130mph.

I'm telling you now if I'm ahead of someone through 3 gears and I get to 130 mph and they haven't caught me yet, then I'm letting off and calling the race. If you can't beat me by the end of 4th gear then your not going to beat me in the 1/4 mile.

Users who are viewing this thread