Any pullied Cobra's want to play in Ausitn

JD_Z28

Established Member
I just bought a bone stock 02 C5 Z06 and wanted to see how it would do against a bolt on pullied 03-04 Cobra. No ported blowers please.

All races will be done at the track of course :lol1:

musclefan21

Established Member
you will LOSE sir. a pullied cobra will have no problem beating a stock c5 z06.

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member

BS. I have a stock C5 Z06 and I'm waiting to find a pullied Cobra to run.

I used to hear the same shit about my STS Camaro beating a KB or Whippled Cobra's. When I only made a little over 500 whp I was tearing them up.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
BS. I have a stock C5 Z06 and I'm waiting to find a pullied Cobra to run.

I use to hear the same shit about my STS Camaro beating a KB or Whippled Cobra's. When I only made a little over 500 whp I was tearing them up.

didn't I just showed you a couple proofs that a pullied terminator > stock C5 z? now you can beat one because there are many pullied 12 sec cobras out there because of drivers but that doesn't mean your car is faster than a pullied cobra.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
The funny thing is that the OP just wanted to do a friendly run and you guys jump on him blasting him with the known truth that a pullied Cobra is a handful for a C5 Z06. Let him set up a run, record it, post it, and then we can form opinions!?! :shrug:

JD_Z28

Established Member
The funny thing is that the OP just wanted to do a friendly run and you guys jump on him blasting him with the known truth that a pullied Cobra is a handful for a C5 Z06. Let him set up a run, record it, post it, and then we can form opinions!?! :shrug:

Thats all I'm looking for is a friendly run. From what I've experienced a C5 Z06 and a pullied Corbra is a good match up. For those of you that don't think so find me a pullied bolt on Cobra to run (450-460 whp range).

The pullied Cobra I raced has short ram JLT intake, headers, orx, loudmouth, 2.8 upper, lower crank pulley, and a tune. I'm looking to run someone with similar mods and power.

Last edited:

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
after lookin in that ls1tech thread, they said the cobra was a stage 3 port, 2.76 upper/6lb lower + boltons and only makin 470ish.. ide be pissed.. on and ide be willin to bet the pullied cobra will take the stock c5z06 with equal drivers.. but the vettes are so much easier to drive with that hydralic clutch!!

Last edited:

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
:yawn: The fact that the Cobra will take the C5 Z06 has been determined, but if you read the OP he just wants to see what the outcome of the run will be while he is stock.

JD_Z28

Established Member
:yawn: The fact that the Cobra will take the C5 Z06 has been determined, but if you read the OP he just wants to see what the outcome of the run will be while he is stock.

I think you're understanding this wrong. The thread on LS1tech is about me racing a pullied Cobra with boltons and beating it. I just want to run another one to make sure it wasn't a fluke. From what I've read and experienced it's a really close race with the Z having the edge. My car is stock with a K&N fliter only.

If anyone disagrees lets find a 03-04 Cobra in the area and test this. I went online and watched vids of the two cars racing and almost every vid one of the two cars has a shitty driver. From the vids I seen sometimes the Cobra wins and sometimes it loses.

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member
Damn, too bad you weren't closer to me. I'd show everyone you don't even need a pulley to beat a C5 zo6 :beer:

JD_Z28

Established Member
Damn, too bad you weren't closer to me. I'd show everyone you don't even need a pulley to beat a C5 zo6 :beer:

With a 113 mph I hope you joking. Don't forget were talking about a roll race not a dig. Dig races with two equal cars the winner is usually going to be the guy with the better suspension setup, tires, and driver.

I'm trying to determine which car is faster from a roll :rockon:

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member
With a 113 mph I hope you joking. Don't forget were talking about a roll race not a dig. Dig races with two equal cars the winner is usually going to be the guy with the better suspension setup, tires, and driver.

I'm trying to determine with car has is faster from a roll :rockon:
Umm, no I do not trap 113, that was bone stock.....and whats the deal with a roll race? You just want to see what car has more power? Don't feel comfortable going from a dig? Not trying to stir anything up I am just saying that I don't think you need a pulley to beat a C5 zo6 :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread