Any pullied Cobra's want to play in Ausitn

musclefan21

Established Member
Easy math says look at the mph both these cars would trap. :dw:

man, he won't understand. he will start talk about aero. last time i told him that a pullied cobra trapped best of 123-124mph and Z trapped like what 119mph and he told me after 120mph Z's aero will make it up and get the cobra.

so he believe what he wants to believe, not the facts!;-)

iLiVeInAbOx05

Established Member
Did you guys not read his post? I was there at the meet, I saw the video after the runs. And it was a friend's friend, not Jd's friend. I have to agree, the guy was a complete dick for what seemed to me like no reason at all. "I beat you once, why would I race you again?" Verbatim. I'm not taking sides, those are the facts.

Video will be put up soon for all to see.

musclefan21

Established Member
Did you guys not read his post? I was there at the meet, I saw the video after the runs. And it was a friend's friend, not Jd's friend. I have to agree, the guy was a complete dick for what seemed to me like no reason at all. "I beat you once, why would I race you again?" Verbatim. I'm not taking sides, those are the facts.

Video will be put up soon for all to see.

shame on the cobra driver being a dick. i dont think anybody is defending the cobra driver here.

dredg9

Established Member
whats with all this pussy bullshit? Does anyone race from a dig anymore?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
OP should've called out a modded Mach 1 first and then worked his ego oops I mean his way up to a CAI Cobra.:lol1:

For heavens sake find out what your car runs on the strip and then look for a race.:shrug:

JD_Z28

Established Member
The guy is a friends friend. At the end of the race I was just barely in forth gear. Me and the Cobra didn't even reach 130mph.

JD_Z28

Established Member
OP should've called out a modded Mach 1 first and then worked his ego oops I mean his way up to a CAI Cobra.:lol1:

For heavens sake find out what your car runs on the strip and then look for a race.:shrug:

A CAI Cobra wouldn't even be a run :lol1:

JD_Z28

Established Member
I'm really hoping I can find a Pullied Cobra to do a friendly run with here in Austin. This would of course just be just to test the two cars and see how close of a race it is between the two.

musclefan21

Established Member
I'm really hoping I can find a Pullied Cobra to do a friendly run with here in Austin. This would of course just be just to test the two cars and see how close of a race it is between the two.

cobra by 2 cars at least. that would be the outcome.

the part i can't believe is that you have only got to run against 1 pullied cobra. if you would be here in IL, you would have at least 10 pullied cobras waiting for you. I remmeber crusing on the highway with 25+ cobras on regular weekly get togethers.

JD_Z28

Established Member
cobra by 2 cars at least. that would be the outcome.

the part i can't believe is that you have only got to run against 1 pullied cobra. if you would be here in IL, you would have at least 10 pullied cobras waiting for you. I remmeber crusing on the highway with 25+ cobras on regular weekly get togethers.

I've ran 2 now :beer:

musclefan21

Established Member
I've ran 2 now :beer:

you said you wouldn't consider the last one as run. as you saw, out come wasn't like the first one you raced. cobra was ahead of you till the end of 4th. FAsnake showed clearly how the race was, I brought my buddy over here(01qwickcobra) who was my passenger when i raced those z06s and i put 2+ cars on them. and he confirmed. there are many other kill stories about it. just because a couple stock Z06 beat a pullied cobra doesn't mean they are drivers race or faster. some cars doesn't run right, tune, driver, etc. again, numbers don't lie. fastest z06s 11.7@119mph and fastest cobra 11.2@123-124+mph 4-5mph paser and half second quicker. simplly at track it would be a good 5 cars length. from a roll a good 2+ cars. WITH THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD!

JD_Z28

Established Member
you said you wouldn't consider the last one as run. as you saw, out come wasn't like the first one you raced. cobra was ahead of you till the end of 4th. FAsnake showed clearly how the race was, I brought my buddy over here(01qwickcobra) who was my passenger when i raced those z06s and i put 2+ cars on them. and he confirmed. there are many other kill stories about it. just because a couple stock Z06 beat a pullied cobra doesn't mean they are drivers race or faster. some cars doesn't run right, tune, driver, etc. again, numbers don't lie. fastest z06s 11.7@119mph and fastest cobra 11.2@123-124+mph 4-5mph paser and half second quicker. simplly at track it would be a good 5 cars length. from a roll a good 2+ cars. WITH THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD!

You're right about the last race I'm not going to count it since he jumped it early. I've seen what a pullied Cobra can do and I say it's still a drivers race.

What the fastest Cobra and the fastest Vettes run doesn't matter. What matters is what the average drivers runs. Let's not forget that were comparing the two cars from a roll race.

JD_Z28

Established Member
"you said you wouldn't consider the last one as run. as you saw, out come wasn't like the first one you raced. cobra was ahead of you till the end of 4th".

The last time I checked if you leave early that's a red flag.

musclefan21

Established Member
What the fastest Cobra and the fastest Vettes run doesn't matter. What matters is what the average drivers runs. Let's not forget that were comparing the two cars from a roll race.

dude please make sense to me. how in the hell what these cars run doesn't matter? can somebody explain this to me for god's sake?

second, you are saying what avarage drivers runs is hwhat matters. well my smart buddy, if the cobra outperforms the Z with a very skilled driver, against a very skilled driver, wouldn't it be the same out come avarage driver vs avarager driver? dude you look like a total idiot when you say these and i am serious.

and yes, i DID NOT forget about roll racin and i am telling you cobra trapped 124mph best of where a Z trapped best of 119mph and everyone knows trap speed is what effects roll racing and cobra has better trap speeds over Z.

come with something that makes sense to me, i will respect you. what i say makes total sense but you don't.

2 questions for you:

1- what do you think the outcome would be against a pullied cobra vs. bone stock Z at track??

2- what does trap speed mean to you?

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
dude please make sense to me. how in the hell what these cars run doesn't matter? can somebody explain this to me for god's sake?

second, you are saying what avarage drivers runs is hwhat matters. well my smart buddy, if the cobra outperforms the Z with a very skilled driver, against a very skilled driver, wouldn't it be the same out come avarage driver vs avarager driver? dude you look like a total idiot when you say these and i am serious.

and yes, i DID NOT forget about roll racin and i am telling you cobra trapped 124mph best of where a Z trapped best of 119mph and everyone knows trap speed is what effects roll racing and cobra has better trap speeds over Z.

come with something that makes sense to me, i will respect you. what i say makes total sense but you don't.

2 questions for you:

1- what do you think the outcome would be against a pullied cobra vs. bone stock Z at track??

2- what does trap speed mean to you?

You keep comparing the two cars for a dig? A roll race is going to be different plain and simple.

1) Drivers race with both cars on factory tires and your average driver.
2) How fast the car is at the end of a quarter mile.

musclefan21

Established Member
You keep comparing the two cars for a dig? A roll race is going to be different plain and simple.

1) Drivers race with both cars on factory tires and your average driver.
2) How fast the car is at the end of a quarter mile.

oh now you put the cobra on factory tires :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if cobras would run 10.90@115mph vs. Zs 11.7@120+mph times, yes roll race would be different but cobra owns the Zs with both sides. BETTER ET, BETTER TRAP but for some reasion Z is drivers race huh? that whole sentence just doesn't make sense.

andother question:

take the drivers out of the picture and compare 2 machines please, which machine would outperform the other?

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
oh now you put the cobra on factory tires :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if cobras would run 10.90@115mph vs. Zs 11.7@120+mph times, yes roll race would be different but cobra owns the Zs with both sides. BETTER ET, BETTER TRAP but for some reasion Z is drivers race huh? that whole sentence just doesn't make sense.

andother question:

take the drivers out of the picture and compare 2 machines please, which machine would outperform the other?

I said pullied Cobra with boltons not tires. The mph with a pullied Cobra and a stock C5 Z06 are so close it's going to be a drivers race plain and simple.

To answer your question I think it's going to be almost neck to neck (pullied Cobra with boltons such as intake exhaust and tune that's it).

musclefan21

Established Member
I said pullied Cobra with boltons not tires. The mph with a pullied Cobra and a stock C5 Z06 are so close it's going to be a drivers race plain and simple.

so a pullied cobra on sticky tires (90% of them already driving around on drag radials) would beat Z. is that what you are saying? and are you telling me cobra trapping 4-5mph faster than Z will not make a difference?

To answer your question I think it's going to be almost neck to neck (pullied Cobra with boltons such as intake exhaust and tune that's it).

thats what i would like to hear from you. Now explain me HOW IN THE HELL cobras run fatser times if "TWO MACHINES" are equally matched?? i need an explanation on this.

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member

so a pullied cobra on sticky tires (90% of them already driving around on drag radials) would beat Z. is that what you are saying? and are you telling me cobra trapping 4-5mph faster than Z will not make a difference?

thats what i would like to hear from you. Now explain me HOW IN THE HELL cobras run fatser times if "TWO MACHINES" are equally matched?? i need an explanation on this.

90% of them are not driving on drag radials. I would hope a pullied Cobra on drag radials would beat a C5 Z on street tires. Put both cars on the same tires and then I think we have a different race.

Different conditions, elevations, drivers, humidity, ect. I've seen stock C5 Z's running better times than pullied Cobras at some tracks and vise versa.

"HOW IN THE HELL cobras run fatser times if "TWO MACHINES"
You are talking about from a dig. Like I said it's different from a roll race.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
"you said you wouldn't consider the last one as run. as you saw, out come wasn't like the first one you raced. cobra was ahead of you till the end of 4th".

The last time I checked if you leave early that's a red flag.

last time i checked if you chase you race.

Users who are viewing this thread