Any pullied Cobra's want to play in Ausitn

JD_Z28

Established Member
I'm telling you now if I'm ahead of someone through 3 gears and I get to 130 mph and they haven't caught me yet, then I'm letting off and calling the race. If you can't beat me by the end of 4th gear then your not going to beat me in the 1/4 mile.

We only reached around 110-120 mph. If we would of gone to 130 he would of got :burn:

musclefan21

Established Member
We only reached around 110-120 mph. If we would of gone to 130 he would of got :burn:

yeah, because your car goes from 120-130mph in 0.1 sec and the other car has only 50hp so it will take forever to go through 10mph.:lol1:

iLiVeInAbOx05

Established Member
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/937c4ba6-b7c2-46f4-843e-9a5500544481.htm]
937c4ba6-b7c2-46f4-843e-9a5500544481.jpg
[/ame]

whiplash306

Established Member
Hard to say honestly...looks as though the Cobra pulled JD just a "tad" through 3rd, then shifted, lost a bit of ground and quit. If that's the ONLY run that the Cobra gave JD, I would be just as upset as JD was.....that video was DEFINATELY inconclusive on the point either side of this long argument has been trying to prove....I'm a bit disappointed at the Cobra driver. Can't help but think he was a bit miffed at how a stock Z basically kept up with him (argueably started to pull a bit in 4th for a split sec) and decided to not lose face by offering up another run.....

All in all, the race was a LOT closer than even I expected and inconclusive as to who was the faster car (out of the two) for that night.....

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
And on a side note, I can't WAIT to get my GN (stroked 6 pot with a 70 mm) out of the shop and come participate in some of these late night races. Austin is just 45 min's south of me.....

JD_Z28

Established Member
Hard to say honestly...looks as though the Cobra pulled JD just a "tad" through 3rd, then shifted, lost a bit of ground and quit. If that's the ONLY run that the Cobra gave JD, I would be just as upset as JD was.....that video was DEFINATELY inconclusive on the point either side of this long argument has been trying to prove....I'm a bit disappointed at the Cobra driver. Can't help but think he was a bit miffed at how a stock Z basically kept up with him (argueably started to pull a bit in 4th for a split sec) and decided to not lose face by offering up another run.....

All in all, the race was a LOT closer than even I expected and inconclusive as to who was the faster car (out of the two) for that night.....

Can you believe after the race the Cobra owner had the nerve to tell me there was no point in racing again because he beat me :shrug: I didn't even know the guy and he was being a complete a-hole.

Last edited:

vemom93

just sounds like he is scared. Thats all there is to it. It may be he was scared of racing again, scared of a ticket, scared of losing, scared of breaking his car, or something, but bottom line is he was scared. I am just getting a feel for my cobra now its tuned, and I don't mind losing a few, or putting myself, and my car at risk.

JD_Z28

Established Member
just sounds like he is scared. Thats all there is to it. It may be he was scared of racing again, scared of a ticket, scared of losing, scared of breaking his car, or something, but bottom line is he was scared. I am just getting a feel for my cobra now its tuned, and I don't mind losing a few, or putting myself, and my car at risk.

A few more practice runs and we'll unleash that beast :banana:

vemom93

A few more practice runs and we'll unleash that beast :banana:

1 more paycheck, and the 60s go in. 550 hp ftw! :lol:.

No but I should really learn how to better drive my 450 hp first. I still cant get over your reaction when I was testing boost numbers right before we raced the first time. I think it just feels faster in a fox.

JD_Z28

Established Member
1 more paycheck, and the 60s go in. 550 hp ftw! :lol:.

No but I should really learn how to better drive my 450 hp first. I still cant get over your reaction when I was testing boost numbers right before we raced the first time. I think it just feels faster in a fox.

Please buy some tires first :nonono:

musclefan21

Established Member
first of all cobra driver needed to grow a pair and do it again. he was probably scared. you need to race a real man not like dickheads like that cobra owner :nonono:

and no BS and being 100% honest, that cobra was pulling on your on 3rd and then he shifted and i assume it was slow cuz you gained pretty good on him when he shifted and then he started to pull again 4th and suddenly let go.

Not being a fanboy right now JD and being completely honest, you were not gaining on him up top, he was actually pulling. but yeah, that can't be considered a race since the cobra driver pussed out. go get a real race :rockon:

about leaving early whoever horned did it wrong. it was like beep..... bep.bep so cobra was already a little ahead so you both left right after.

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
first of all cobra driver needed to grow a pair and do it again. he was probably scared. you need to race a real man not like dickheads like that cobra owner :nonono:

and no BS and being 100% honest, that cobra was pulling on your on 3rd and then he shifted and i assume it was slow cuz you gained pretty good on him when he shifted and then he started to pull again 4th and suddenly let go.

Not being a fanboy right now JD and being completely honest, you were not gaining on him up top, he was actually pulling. but yeah, that can't be considered a race since the cobra driver pussed out. go get a real race :rockon:

about leaving early whoever horned did it wrong. it was like beep..... bep.bep so cobra was already a little ahead so you both left right after.

At the end of the race I was in my power band and the Cobra was going to shift. If you watch my other run with the yellow Cobra I pulled the most in 4th because the Cobra needed to shift while I was still in the middle of 4th gear and pulling.

In that race I gave the Cobra the race he wanted (40mph). If I had to choose I would of went for a different speed.

I guess I'll just wait and see how it goes with the next pullied Cobra I run. To bad it's hard finding any out here :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread