Any pullied Cobra's want to play in Ausitn

Vibora 03

Established Member
FInd a race yet? I Live in SA I have a pullied cobra I can make road trips don't mind spanking that ass up and down 35 or are you just another keyboard WARRIOR!!! :sleeping:

JD_Z28

Established Member
FInd a race yet? I Live in SA I have a pullied cobra I can make road trips don't mind spanking that ass up and down 35 or are you just another keyboard WARRIOR!!! :sleeping:

Why don't you go look up my history on here. I've called out plenty of Whipple and Kenne Bell Cobra's on here. Guess what I've always come thru with all my races. Tell me what's done to the Cobra and will see if we can make this happen.

Vibora 03

Established Member
Why don't you go look up my history on here. I've called out plenty of Whipple and Kenne Bell Cobra's on here. Guess what I've always come thru with all my races. Tell me what's done to the Cobra and will see if we can make this happen.

I have what your asking for Just your basic bolt on's 2.8, Jlt ,exhaust,tune

JD_Z28

Established Member
I have what your asking for Just your basic bolt on's 2.8, Jlt ,exhaust,tune

You have exactly the car I'm looking to run. Can you make it out tomorrow to the 620/35 meet. All that's done to my car is K&N drop in filter and lowered on stock bolts.

Sending you a pm.

musclefan21

Established Member
they are gonna race tonight i think. i hope they will get the runs on tape!

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
they are gonna race tonight i think. i hope they will get the runs on tape!
It doesn’t matter.
When it’s all about egos, reality doesn’t come into play..
When i had a v6 camaro, I’d bet anything that I could pull a Mustang GT.
When I had a Mustang GT I’d bet anything that I could pull a Mach 1 or a Cobra.
When I had my first cobra (in stock trim), I’d swear that it was faster than a C5Z.
So on and so forth, with my C6 and others.. It’s natural for the owners to be the biggest cheerleader, through thick and thin.

The C5Z is an amazing car but in this scenario, it will loose 100% of the time.
The only hope of a C5Z pulling a pullied Terminator is by driver error.. (mis shift, Traction, or starting in the wrong gear, etc..)

Conversely, stock for stock IMO the C5Z will pull the terminator 100% of the time.
I think the optimism, is admirable but unreasonable/ unrealistic..

It is however, entertaining to watch a ppl try to reason with someone that’s unreasonable. So post on, thread starter.. and keep on searching for that cobra that can’t shift, or starts in the wrong gear, etc…

If you want to play with pullied Terminators you need to step it up with Long Tubes and a tune. Then you’ll have a race. Yea, I know, shit’s expensive I’ve been there, done that.. But that’s what you’ll need for this class.. It’s kinda funny if you think about it. They’re giving C6s away & and C5Zs are even cheaper. So now you’re attracting a class of people that can just afford the car, and maybe insurance.. So now, all of a sudden they don’t need mods..:shrug:

I’m not trying to be a dick and I went into this whole exercise completely objective considering the power to weight, drag coefficient, aerodynamic, and suspension advantages.. But after seeing the video proof and you still question it. It has to be one of two things:
1. You’re just taking an opposing position just because you want to be a jerk.
2. You’re a ****en idiot.

musclefan21

Established Member
i have been saying over and over and over that a pullied cobra simply > stock C5 z06 but thread starter told me "if you dont think a stock c5 Z is drivers race with pullied cobra, you are an idiot" i even showed him best pullied cobra has gone 11.2s-11.3s at 122-124mph and Z has dgone best of 11.7 at 119mph but he playes the aero card then. lol.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
i have been saying over and over and over that a pullied cobra simply > stock C5 z06 but thread starter told me "if you dont think a stock c5 Z is drivers race with pullied cobra, you are an idiot" i even showed him best pullied cobra has gone 11.2s-11.3s at 122-124mph and Z has dgone best of 11.7 at 119mph but he playes the aero card then. lol.
Yea, I hear ya.
It doesn’t matter what you say, do or show. In his mind it's true but the reality is, it's no contest.. It's like wishing on a prayer.
Also, IMO a pullied cobra shouldn't be starting in 2nd @ 40.. :nonono:
It really is a useless discussion.
I get it though, it's kinda like your kid is the cutest kid in the world, in your eyes.:rolleyes:

musclefan21

Established Member
Yea, I hear ya.
It doesn’t matter what you say, do or show. In his mind it's true but the reality is, it's no contest.. It's like wishing on a prayer.
Also, IMO a pullied cobra shouldn't be starting in 2nd @ 40.. :nonono:
It really is a useless discussion.
I get it though, it's kinda like your kid is the cutest kid in the world, in your eyes.:rolleyes:

well said bro.

I wonder what happened.. about the race..

THAITED

Established Member
I don't think that the Z will win. Look at his Avatar that said it all, Attitude of the Fast and Furious, lol.

JD_Z28

Established Member
Did they race?

I ran my buddy's pullied Cobra last night and it was real close. I gave him the run he wanted which was a 40roll, he jumped it a little early and he even started a fender a head of me. We were neck to neck and when I shifted into fourth (he was a fender ahead since we started that way). Right after the run I told him good run and all he say's is I beat you, I tell him we were right next to each other and that he jumped it early and started ahead of me. I told him let's run again and he bitches and say's he's not going race me. So basically the pullied Cobra and myself didn't run again because he had to much pride to take the chance to lose a race. I've met a lot of Cobra guys and most were cool. I have no idea what the **** was up with this guy. When I first met him he wouldn't even tell me what pulley he had on it like it was top secret or something. What's funny is I started to pull when I got in forth gear and then h and e suddenly brakes like the race was over. By watching the video he was obviously out of gear and had to shift so he figured, **** it I'll let off and not give the Z his pull. :dw: I'm not going to call this a run since he left early and the guy was a coplete ass hole.

musclefan21

Established Member
I ran my buddy's pullied Cobra last night and it was real close. I gave him the run he wanted which was a 40roll, he jumped it a little early and he even started a fender a head of me. We were neck to neck and when I shifted into fourth (he was a fender ahead since we started that way). Right after the run I told him good run and all he say's is I beat you, I tell him we were right next to each other and that he jumped it early and started ahead of me. I told him let's run again and he bitches and say's he's not going race me. So basically the pullied Cobra and myself didn't run again because he had to much pride to take the chance to lose a race. I've met a lot of Cobra guys and most were cool. I have no idea what the **** was up with this guy. When I first met him he wouldn't even tell me what pulley he had on it like it was top secret or something. What's funny is I started to pull when I got in forth gear and then h and e suddenly brakes like the race was over. By watching the video he was obviously out of gear and had to shift so he figured, **** it I'll let off and not give the Z his pull. :dw: I'm not going to call this a run since he left early and the guy was a coplete ass hole.

video??? also, if the cobra was at the end of 4th gear, then i understand him letting off because no point to race till 160mph and 5th gear is not really a power gear.

plus, if he was your buddy, then why were you guys not cool to each other? and why other pullied cobras didn't run? I am telling you man, you can't pull on a cobra if he was on 4th gear, 3rd and 4th gear pulls harder than you think on these cars and yes, even your aero won't be able to make it.

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
:dw: You first call him your buddy and then you act like he is a piece and by your words later in your little story; you make it out like you don't know him and or he has a problem.

Either way, it was stated earlier you are stock or close to it, intake or something... your numbers are what, 365 at the wheels are right at it. Unless your buddy was 3 seconds between shifts with his numbers (100 more HP and 150 foot pounds more to the wheels) and curve... even at his weight his car would pull you by a few to speeds up to 135 or so.

Easy math says look at the mph both these cars would trap. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread