Amazon Prime price hike

earl lee

Established Member
Amazon knows we will still pay for it, once you get use to 2 day shipping you really cant shop online anywhere else.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Actually, you need to take into consideration a few things before you jump on board with Prime.

Unless you use the cloud storages, Prime video, Audible, Twitch, or one of the peripheral services given to you in conjunction with the free 2 days, most of the time it's not worth it. In our case, the main hub for us in about an hour and a half away. Standard shipping items arrive in 2 days, so having prime 2 day is relatively pointless. Add in the fact that i've noticed an increasing amount of "Free Prime Delivery (2-Day delivery not available)" under the shipping options.

We canceled it and still buy from Amazon and I have to say, I don't notice any difference.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No brainer for me. 95% of what I buy gets here in 2 days. Sometimes 1 day.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'm a fan, when I lived in charlotte I got free same day shipping on some items, I ordered during work and got my item when i got home. Now that I've moved out of the city I still get free 2 day shipping, I also use amazon video and amazon music quite a bit. So it's worth it to me

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
They raised the price on monthly subscribers a few months back, I was wondering if they were going to raise it on the yearly plan rest too. I've noticed a lot of my purchases (I say a lot, but I don't buy that much on Amazon) have been including sales tax too - so between the price hike and the sales tax, the benefits are starting to dwindle for me since I don't use it all that often. When I do use it, I do love the 2 day shipping though.

GodStang

Established Member
I agree with this. Also Amazon has gone to hell lately. The are going the route of eBay. Most of their suppliers are now 3rd party stores. Many are counterfeit Chinese products. Also with 3rd party a huge chunk don't offer 2-Day Delivery anymore.

Also Amazon Prime Video blows. I saw a show my son loved on there. So I signed up since it had 5 seasons and he was sick so would give him something to do. So I paid the $12 or what ever for it. Went to the show clicked to watch it and they wanted another $2 an episode. So what is the $12 for? To give me the privilege to buy the kids show? Total rip off.

Sorry end rant.

Actually, you need to take into consideration a few things before you jump on board with Prime.

Unless you use the cloud storages, Prime video, Audible, Twitch, or one of the peripheral services given to you in conjunction with the free 2 days, most of the time it's not worth it. In our case, the main hub for us in about an hour and a half away. Standard shipping items arrive in 2 days, so having prime 2 day is relatively pointless. Add in the fact that i've noticed an increasing amount of "Free Prime Delivery (2-Day delivery not available)" under the shipping options.

We canceled it and still buy from Amazon and I have to say, I don't notice any difference.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We get popped on certain items for tax now too. This started when they build a distribution center in Fl.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I agree with this. Also Amazon has gone to hell lately. The are going the route of eBay. Most of their suppliers are now 3rd party stores. Many are counterfeit Chinese products. Also with 3rd party a huge chunk don't offer 2-Day Delivery anymore.

Also Amazon Prime Video blows. I saw a show my son loved on there. So I signed up since it had 5 seasons and he was sick so would give him something to do. So I paid the $12 or what ever for it. Went to the show clicked to watch it and they wanted another $2 an episode. So what is the $12 for? To give me the privilege to buy the kids show? Total rip off.

Sorry end rant.

I agree with the video rant, and would add music to that same thing. Unless you upgrade, they take a lot of artist's most popular songs and put them on their premium service even though the rest of the album is available on the base prime plan.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Also, price wise, amazon hasn't been cheaper on much of anything i've bought locally lately.

Bought a Nintendo switch... it was the same price as Amazon. Bought car parts, same price at Autozone. Bought tool sets, cheaper at HarborFreight for the exact same kit.

Truth is, most brick and mortar stores have caught up and are price matching Amazon. And I don't have to wait for it to be delivered. I can just go get it.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'll pay the hike because amazon music is the only streaming service allowed at my work (and I actually like it). I store all our photos onto the cloud and they are building (if not already built) a warehouse 5 min from me, so things should get here in a jiffy.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
We get popped on certain items for tax now too. This started when they build a distribution center in Fl.

ya, the fact that some shit shows up next day is great but Id rather not pay the sales tax. We've started putting quite a few things on the subscription option - the discount is nice, dont have to think about it for the most part and dont have to spend valuable weekend time running all over the place.

Theyd have to go up a decent bit more before I dropped it

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Also, price wise, amazon hasn't been cheaper on much of anything i've bought locally lately.

Bought a Nintendo switch... it was the same price as Amazon. Bought car parts, same price at Autozone. Bought tool sets, cheaper at HarborFreight for the exact same kit.

Truth is, most brick and mortar stores have caught up and are price matching Amazon. And I don't have to wait for it to be delivered. I can just go get it.

Wal-Mart's online store has come a long way, and I believe you can order online and pick up in-store in just a couple hours.

KEVINS

Established Member
I signed up a few weeks ago for the movies b/c Netflix is showing pure garbage. It's a lot better than NF but a lot of the better movies I want to watch still cost extra.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread