Amazon Prime price hike

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
We've been thinking about cancelling Prime as well. We already pay for Hulu & Netflix so Prime Video is not needed necessarily plus their content leaves a lot to be desired. Anything I want to watch I can get on Terrarium anyway.

As for Amazon shopping I feel like they've peaked. There are so many other websites out there that are competitively priced. Also, unless it's some hard to find item I'll use local businesses and especially mom & pops if I can. They do a lot more for the local economy and community than Amazon ever will.

7upstang

Established Member
I think I ordered nearly 80 packages over the last 6 months. I don't use Amazon because over a cheaper price, I use Amazon for convenience. Between my business and personal life, I don't have time to go to every store. IF we don't need the item right now, I buy on Amazon. At the end of month, I probably save myself a 1/2 of day total by using an e-commerce site.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Wal-Mart's online store has come a long way, and I believe you can order online and pick up in-store in just a couple hours.

Yes there experimenting with a new concept at a local store here like that drive and pick up I believe.

Don’t get me wrong guys I’m happy with prime. I like the shipping, and music. Amazon video is ok I prefer Netflix. My youngest loves Bobby’s World on Amazon video loved that show when I was a kid so I think that’s cool. I’m sure I’ll prolly renew but just thought it’s kinda crappy about discounts for some and we pay more. Plus I figured if at all I’d go up $10? Not $20. Don’t get me started on the taxes lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
No. In most cases if they have a presence in the state they have to charge sales tax there.

Bingo. Bought my Borla Stingers off there years ago with no tax. Then they opened a warehouse or fulfillment center whatever it’s called so now we pay tax on preserves stuff.

Swear I read it heard somewhere on the news that the govt is meeting on online sales taxes.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Bingo. Bought my Borla Stingers off there years ago with no tax. Then they opened a warehouse or fulfillment center whatever it’s called so now we pay tax on preserves stuff.

Swear I read it heard somewhere on the news that the govt is meeting on online sales taxes.

That's going to be an interesting issue. Having to pay sales tax in all 50 states and various municipalities that charge sales tax will cripple small business with paper work. It's like figuring out your income tax 50+ times per month. That's why Amazon, Wal-Mart, other major players are in favor of it. It will snuff out the next small guy coming along before they can ever get started. Established players love new barriers to entry.

That's what I thought.

We have one here, but I don't get taxed on everything.

That's why I said "in most cases". Each state has there own tax laws.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The free streaming movie and music selection pays for the membership itself let alone the shipping and price discounts.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
On a side note, those who want to know how much they've spent at Amazon, go to: Your Account>Download order reports>select the date range and request the report... Since 2007, I've spent $9,195.82 and I believe that doesn't include monthly membership costs.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
On a side note, those who want to know how much they've spent at Amazon, go to: Your Account>Download order reports>select the date range and request the report... Since 2007, I've spent $9,195.82 and I believe that doesn't include monthly membership costs.

I've used them since 1999, the report doesn't go that far back.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have the report, but where's the total?

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's going to be an interesting issue. Having to pay sales tax in all 50 states and various municipalities that charge sales tax will cripple small business with paper work. It's like figuring out your income tax 50+ times per month. That's why Amazon, Wal-Mart, other major players are in favor of it. It will snuff out the next small guy coming along before they can ever get started. Established players love new barriers to entry.

Although I am not in favor of new taxes, in this instance there should be a flat on line or internet tax of like 4% and forbid state and local governments from adding on additional taxes to internet sales regardless of location of business or buyer. This 4% should be split between federal and states with no exemptions.

Easy for businesses to figure and charge. Level playing field for all online businesses. Easy for everyone.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I made enough on the stock jump after the price hike announcement to pay the hike for 100 years, so no big deal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I only bought Amazon prime so I could watch The Grand Tour. I hear it may get canceled. If it does then I may cancel prime.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

Interesting didn’t think of it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread