76mm trubo setup with eaton on top

mysteed

Established Member
not to be retarded-but, this is a sick idea, can someone walk me through how this can be done? I have a KB on my car, and this would be a great next project.
Can't/shouldn't be done with a KB as the turbo's blow the seals on the KB. When you send it in to KB for a rebuild they'll void your warranty because of running a turbo before the KB.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
i have a hellion twin 61mm kit with a steggy stage 4 port, ba3000 with mafia, 80lbers, lethal perf. tripple retun kit, basanni stainless 3 inch, zoom twin disc, 26 spline

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
A TT setup, or even a big single turbo alone, will make more power and be far more efficient at making power than compound boost. A TT setup with moderate sized turbos(76mm) on 23lbs would be making 1000+ rwhp without breaking a sweat.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Is that the numbers it makes in your sig? What fuel is it on?

yes, at 18-19psi on a soft 93oct tune. stock tb and plenum also

A TT setup, or even a big single turbo alone, will make more power and be far more efficient at making power than compound boost. A TT setup with moderate sized turbos(76mm) on 23lbs would be making 1000+ rwhp without breaking a sweat.

i am very aware of the efficiency. Peak power is great to have! Its not that im against turbos alone, its just that i figured that the eaton was already there... so why not try it, ya know? i can always take it off lol, and i will. i plan on getting a turbo only tune on 93 and i will chose the setup i like to dive better. And i will let everybody know all the data and feedback that i can give them. it shoud be interesting!:read:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
yes, at 18-19psi on a soft 93oct tune. stock tb and plenum also

i am very aware of the efficiency. Peak power is great to have! Its not that im against turbos alone, its just that i figured that the eaton was already there... so why not try it, ya know? i can always take it off lol, and i will. i plan on getting a turbo only tune on 93 and i will chose the setup i like to dive better. And i will let everybody know all the data and feedback that i can give them. it shoud be interesting!:read:

Just making sure :beer:

jf4boogie

Established Member
Maybe a stupid question, but with the turbo only setup, are guys keeping BOTH intercoolers? I've never really thougth about it before, but theres potential for "double" cooling with both a front mount and the factory air/water right?

Jefe

Established Member
I dont know how I missed this. Sick engine bay!!! Get some vids of it on the dyno if you can
i just got it tuned and it made 640/570 on a soft 93 oct tune. Mike Dez tuned it. We could have went further but he was afraid of the additives that get mixed in with the fuel up in northeast. Sooo, in the spring i am going back with a few minor changes and a more agressive tune. He told me that i should be right in the low to mid 700s We will see. But non the less, the car is a BEAST! And it sounds like nothing else ive ever driven. very very impressive
What psi? I havent seen a Hellraiser Cobra make less than 850....

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
30lbs of boost i have no doubt that you will be at 1000hp! Especially with the 76mm turbo. Awesome build man, can't wait to see those numbers! :rockon:

i just fell outta my seat when i saw your sig pic :lol:

and for the OP sick build. i would love to see what power a hellion kit could make with a KB or whipple instead of the stock eaton

03screamingSVT

Established Member
i just fell outta my seat when i saw your sig pic :lol:

and for the OP sick build. i would love to see what power a hellion kit could make with a KB or whipple instead of the stock eaton

I have heard of issues on some of the cars running kb or whipple's on compound boost. Dont know why or how but just have heard a few people saying there were issues to be worked out going that route

Users who are viewing this thread