76mm trubo setup with eaton on top

Digital

Established Member
I have heard of issues on some of the cars running kb or whipple's on compound boost. Dont know why or how but just have heard a few people saying there were issues to be worked out going that route

KB has openly admitted that their blower seals will not hold the boost from a compound setup, this was after a few people tried and had problems.
Whipple has made no such claim of their blowers and to my knowledge no one has tried do to fear of replicating the KB issue. Though if memory serves there was a gentleman on modfords that was going to try with a whiple.
That said to my knowledge as well (which not to be an ass I've researched this a lot) no one has used a centi blower in a compound setup either though I did propose the idea in the turbo section a while ago and no one seemed to find any fault with it the thread died silently into the night.

Last edited:

fastmustang70

Established Member
Well Guys we did some pulls it spools the trubo so damn quick before when the car just had the trubo we were seeing the boost come in about 4200 now i have full boost at about 3200rpm the car made 808 ft lbs of and 703 rwhp but cant get the tires to hold on the dyno the dyno only saw 4900 rpms the car saw about 6500 had to stop the dyno wouldnt finish the pull. This is being all dyno on a mustang dyno so keep in mine that these numbers are not crazy dynojet numbers. And one more thing with the compound setup we found needs lots of exhaust flow out i would recommed have exhaust cutouts for max performance. I will try and get the dyno sheets up and we video taped it so we will post that to.

Car saw 28psi
Motor is just got all forged lower no cams

Digital

Established Member
28 psi at the blower or at the manifold?
I would think at that psi you would see a lot more power then that, granted you were spinning.
What did they say it would make had it not spun?
1000tq 900hp? or would the tq have leaned off and let hp take over eventually? for 1000hp 900tq?

I have a turbo thats a fair amount larger then yours and I would be pretty pissed if it made less then 700-750rwhp at 18psi @ 6500rpm.

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Well Guys we did some pulls it spools the trubo so damn quick before when the car just had the trubo we were seeing the boost come in about 4200 now i have full boost at about 3200rpm the car made 808 ft lbs of and 703 rwhp but cant get the tires to hold on the dyno the dyno only saw 4900 rpms the car saw about 6500 had to stop the dyno wouldnt finish the pull. This is being all dyno on a mustang dyno so keep in mine that these numbers are not crazy dynojet numbers. And one more thing with the compound setup we found needs lots of exhaust flow out i would recommed have exhaust cutouts for max performance. I will try and get the dyno sheets up and we video taped it so we will post that to.

Car saw 28psi
Motor is just got all forged lower no cams

why do you keep saying trubo? its turbo...:bored:

kodycobra

Serious Boost Junkie
Established Member
Is THIS the car? Just saw it in the Pics&Vids section here...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuzlplKRL-Q&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- MustangGT.mp4[/ame]

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
the stock head bolts can hold plenty of power.. i have "3" customers who make between 909-983 rwhp with 03/04 cobra STOCK LONG BLOCKS that have over 2yrs of beating the snot out of them and still going strong... 1 car won 2008 KOTS 5.0 competition (and recently ran 9.18 @ 158mph with t400) and the other should win the 2009 KOTS competition that we made 983rwhp in front of thousands of people at NMRA BG in October.. all tuned with factory computer and SCT too.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
dang, would be preety sick to see a 3.4L setup with twins :-D
Really no point in that. The blower is really just for the bottom end punch to give the turbos time to spool. No lag. It will actually make more power without the blower, but possibly more street friendly with the blower. At least that's my take on it.

the stock head bolts can hold plenty of power.. i have "3" customers who make between 909-983 rwhp with 03/04 cobra STOCK LONG BLOCKS that have over 2yrs of beating the snot out of them and still going strong... 1 car won 2008 KOTS 5.0 competition (and recently ran 9.18 @ 158mph with t400) and the other should win the 2009 KOTS competition that we made 983rwhp in front of thousands of people at NMRA BG in October.. all tuned with factory computer and SCT too.
While possible yes, they tend to stretch. I'm having that problem now with right at 700 rwhp. I'll be putting some ARP head studs on mine.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Really no point in that. The blower is really just for the bottom end punch to give the turbos time to spool. No lag. It will actually make more power without the blower, but possibly more street friendly with the blower. At least that's my take on it.

While possible yes, they tend to stretch. I'm having that problem now with right at 700 rwhp. I'll be putting some ARP head studs on mine.

dont take this the wrong way, but if you are lifting the heads at 700rwhp, you have a tuning or some other issue.. i have over 100 cobras making in excess of 650rwhp with stock head bolts and pump gas and have NEVER had an issue.. you say you are stretching them, how do you know? Did you remove them and measure with a stretch gauge?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
dont take this the wrong way, but if you are lifting the heads at 700rwhp, you have a tuning or some other issue.. i have over 100 cobras making in excess of 650rwhp with stock head bolts and pump gas and have NEVER had an issue.. you say you are stretching them, how do you know? Did you remove them and measure with a stretch gauge?
To be honest no and I probably shouldn't say that for sure since it is purely speculation at this point. I will know for sure shortly though. Now this isn't the original short block either, it was rebuilt two years ago and is an aluminum block and was reassembled using new stock head bolts. Just after doing some research I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this is what is happening from others experiencing the same problem. I could be wrong, but I'll see shortly. The tune is very good, so I'm not worried there.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
To be honest no and I probably shouldn't say that for sure since it is purely speculation at this point. I will know for sure shortly though. Now this isn't the original short block either, it was rebuilt two years ago and is an aluminum block and was reassembled using new stock head bolts. Just after doing some research I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this is what is happening from others experiencing the same problem. I could be wrong, but I'll see shortly. The tune is very good, so I'm not worried there.

unfortunately, the way the internet works is that someone will read you post about the supposed stretch head bolts and now they will continue posting how they "heard" that at 700rwhp the stock head bolts stretch... this will get read by 50 other people who will post on other boards... then, all of a sudden, it's fact.. ya know??

just like tire spin on dynos.. personally, i have video'd cars on my dyno and have made over 1580rwhp on my dyno with no tire spin.. but, 1 person says they spun the tires and now everyone does.. or the whole mustang dyno vs dynojet debate.. I have tuned on just about every dyno out there and know how to make the mustang dyno or dyno dynamics read ANY HP # i want. I personally saw a focus made 1100rwhp on a mustang dyno just by me changing the roller weight etc.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
unfortunately, the way the internet works is that someone will read you post about the supposed stretch head bolts and now they will continue posting how they "heard" that at 700rwhp the stock head bolts stretch... this will get read by 50 other people who will post on other boards... then, all of a sudden, it's fact.. ya know??

just like tire spin on dynos.. personally, i have video'd cars on my dyno and have made over 1580rwhp on my dyno with no tire spin.. but, 1 person says they spun the tires and now everyone does.. or the whole mustang dyno vs dynojet debate.. I have tuned on just about every dyno out there and know how to make the mustang dyno or dyno dynamics read ANY HP # i want. I personally saw a focus made 1100rwhp on a mustang dyno just by me changing the roller weight etc.

I agree with you and as I said I probably shouldn't have posted that. I still believe that with the boost and power he's capable of with his combo that good head bolts/studs are important.

I also agree on the dyno debate as well. Good friend of mine has a Dyno Dynamics and I've witnessed how it can be manipulated. I still think it is a good dyno for tuning on though with the load it's capable of putting on the car.

Feel free to PM me if you want so we don't clutter up this thread. I wouldn't mind talking with you further about my combo.

fastmustang70

Established Member
Thats my car were going to do some little shit and just for your guys info before when that car was just turbo before i raced many of cobras that said they had 800-1000rwhp on dyno and murder then we are not into changing the dyno number to make it say what we want.

fastmustang70

Established Member
Am not pissed at all at my pwer number there are many cobras on that dyno that have kb 2.8 at 26psi and are lucky to read 630rwhp at the same shop the 1/4mile times are your real numbers and E.t i can show you cars there with kb 2.4 that have dyno as low as 570 there but have ran low 10s or high 9 at pretty much ful weight

on3performance

very cool, I like the concept and idea, its just different. Im still curious from our phone conversation months ago about how you have the belt routed. Do you happen to have any photos to show how you changed it? I have a 03 motor going in my 90 notch and I see a single if not twins in its near future after its running.

fastmustang70

Established Member
i will tell you one thing you can easyly run a 88mm turbo single with this blower and spool it just as fast and make 1500- 1600 hp am sure of it i will call you tormorrow and talk to you about it

Users who are viewing this thread