76mm trubo setup with eaton on top

fastmustang70

Established Member
Hey guys i finshed my eaton swap on to my single 76mm pkt turbo setup will try to get some pics up soon for you guys to see before the car at 24psi with just the trubo made 800 to the tires will see if the eaton spools the trubo quicker and makes any more power i have to get to the tuner I will keep you guys posted pics up

Last edited:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
i think they usually make a little less power but it will pick up low end power, so def. worth it in my book. let us know what happens

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Pics or ban! And the eaton doesn't spool the turbo, the exhaust gases still power the turbo like a conventional set up. The low end power is the result of the eaton making boost in the lower rpms like its supposed.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
so this was originally just a 76mm turbo car that made 800whp alone, that now is eaton'd as well?

i dont see your top end benefiting, but your mid to low will be a bit nicer. Is the eaton stock and at stock boost, with the T76 making up the rest once it gets moving?

Digital

Established Member
This is extremely similiar to what im doing, if not identical, cant wait to see updates.

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
The Eaton will help the low-end but don't expect to see any more peak power. It takes power to the turn the blower, so will lose out on the top-end of the rpm range.

The punchy Eaton helps down low when the turbo is making only a few psi of boost. It gets compounded by the blower and multiplies. Good luck, we did that combo at Muscle Mustangs a few years ago with Hellion and had great results. It made driving the Cobra nice, despite the large sized twins. Compound boost isn't just for big power, it is great for a street car with lower boost levels too. Just be sure to have an adequate fuel system to feed the beast, they like fuel.

yan88gt

Established Member
mypics0411.gif

mypics0401.gif

mypics0391.gif

mypics0381.gif

Users who are viewing this thread