76mm trubo setup with eaton on top

fastmustang70

Established Member
Sorry guys for the delay the weather here in Il has been pretty shitty and rain for the last month my tuner is on my ass to get this thing down by him

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I would bet streamwood's weather is not conducive to driving a 700+hp mustang.....I have been there quite a few times, nice town...unlike Chicago.

fastmustang70

Established Member
Nick at starigthline performance in New Lenox IL I talk to him today were trying to set a date in stone and a day i can make it down i will let you guys know what day we set it up for

Established Member
The blower will be a restriction for sure at the boost levels your trying to run... Looking forward to the results nontheless...

Eatonualive281

Established Member
i just got it tuned and it made 640/570 on a soft 93 oct tune. Mike Dez tuned it. We could have went further but he was afraid of the additives that get mixed in with the fuel up in northeast. Sooo, in the spring i am going back with a few minor changes and a more agressive tune. He told me that i should be right in the low to mid 700s We will see. But non the less, the car is a BEAST! And it sounds like nothing else ive ever driven. very very impressive

imbuggin

Established Member
i just got it tuned and it made 640/570 on a soft 93 oct tune. Mike Dez tuned it. We could have went further but he was afraid of the additives that get mixed in with the fuel up in northeast. Sooo, in the spring i am going back with a few minor changes and a more agressive tune. He told me that i should be right in the low to mid 700s We will see. But non the less, the car is a BEAST! And it sounds like nothing else ive ever driven. very very impressive

so you like it better even thought it is making 160 rwhp less than the turbo itself? Does it at least spool faster?

Eatonualive281

Established Member
i have no idea where you got 160 hp from. my car never ran on just the turbos and didnt make 800whp. yes it spools faster than a tt 61mm car. but its the area under the curve that makes it feel so fast. i want take the blower off next year and compare power figures and drivability. but with all the ppl that bash this setup, theyd have to drive one to understand it. yes you lose power up top, but id rather have it down low

fastmustang70

Established Member
Thats not my car that got tuned if i made a 160hp less then what i did that blower would be in the trash can lol trying to work something out here for towards the end of the week

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
I didn't read every single post, but this is a stupid idea. You're better off buying a regular intake manfold. If you actually think of the physics of what is actually happening.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
Its different and thats what makes me like it the most. I dont know if I missed/overlooked but what boost level were those numbers made on?

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Its different and thats what makes me like it the most. I dont know if I missed/overlooked but what boost level were those numbers made on?

You're wasting horsepower. I mean if you're so concerned about hitting max boost at a low RPM just use a turbo with a very low a/r ratio. Anything after 3k rpms you're just wasting horsepower by adding the drag of the eaton.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Just a little insight here, Donny Walsh of D&D just did a Gt500 with a 5.4, powerglide trans with a 76mm turbo and the factory blower. It made 820 rwhp at 25lbs with the blower/turbo. Then he put one of my hats on it and made 900rwhp with it @23lbs of boost. IT went 8.95 @ 155 the 5th time down the track with the blower/turbo. They were on a 8.70 pass with it the other day but the track was cold and it made a more so he lifted. Anyways this setup will make good power and have no lag, just will lose a little up top.

Users who are viewing this thread