2nd Annapolis-area/Maryland Cobra owners meet/cruise... AUG 28th

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by Blk03SVTCobra
Fear the Turtle, WUTWINE....

How many other NCAA teams are on an UnderArmor commercial??

Glad you can make it man.... :beer:

Gonna be fun :D
Going to definately make it now.....wearing my new UnderArmour. Terps looking pretty good so far. Noles gotta come up to Terrapin country this year! And Jason, your seats are going to be right in the middle of the Terp student section or up with Bob Eeuker in the "Front row"!!!!

TRBO VNM

Fear the Turtle, WUTWINE....

How many other NCAA teams are on an UnderArmor commercial??

Glad you can make it man.... :beer:

Gonna be fun :D

fear a slow turtle and something that tastes so good in soup? No way! I will be there Dwight...you get me the tickets and I will sit right there in the middle of them wearing my garnet and gold proud. you still haven't beatin' us and I don't see that changing this yr. I might need another ticket for the game to.

BLK03SVTCobra....how many other teams have you seen named a dynasty by the NCAA? you can have the underarmor commercial and I will keep my dynasty.

oh man, I can't wait for football season.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Restaurant and Cruise Route Update 08/19/04:

As of today, I have determined the restaurant that we will be heading to during the course of our cruise. It is a place called Pirate's Cove (http://www.piratescovemd.com/) in Galesville, MD. There are plenty of different twists, turns, and straight-aways on the way there too. From the meeting place to Pirate's Cove, it was 22.3 miles and it took me about 32 minutes on roads that have speed limits ranging from 30 to 55. They will have parking spots reserved for us all together when we get there (my brother and I grew up with the owner's son, and they are good friends of the family) and we might even get a bit of a discount on drinks and/or food at the bar attached to it called "Big Mary's Dock Bar".

I have also plotted out the cruise route. I will make sure that I have enough copies of the route for each car. Each copy will include the following:

- Map with route highlighted
- Turn by turn typed directions
- Procedures for if the line is broken, or we get separated by lights, cars, etc
- Directions from Pirate's Cove back to Route 50, so that all may leave when they wish

What I need from you guys by Wednesday or Thursday of next week is a head-count and a car-count. As of right now, here are the counts:

Cars: 19
People: 19

On a completely separate note, I have created a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet of the people coming and the cars they will be driving. On that spreadsheet is listed your entire exhaust setup, as listed in your sig, or if you were at the last meeting, as you told me. Now I only created the spreadsheet so that I can listen to your guys' exhaust and hopefully help determine which exhaust setup I am going to go with. So here's what I'm asking you to do... Download this spreadsheet, check it out and see if my information for your car is correct. If you have ANY corrections, post back here in the same format that the Excel spreadsheet was in. I really would appreciate this guys as I'm DYING for an exhaust. That car is just tooooo damn quiet... :D

Here's the spreadsheet: Right Click, Save As

This is going to be a great time! I'm sure we'll all have a bunch of fun and meet some great fellow Cobra owners!! :D :D :D

P.S. If we don't stick to the timeline given on the 1st page completely, it's all good. As long as we're having fun. :beer:

TRBO VNM

for mine

Headers: Stock
Midpipe: UPR O/R X
Catback: spreadsheet correct

however I am changing my catback to the new Amazon one as soon as they are available. I have the 3" MAC on right now, but taking it off this weekend and putting the dynomax back on. The MAC and UPR o/r pipe sound simply amazing and I would stick with it, but I personally don't like the kit design of the MAC and it appears to be causing some vibration. I might even put the factory back on until the amazon one is out. not sure yet.

16yrCobraOwner

Established Member
wutwine.... how u like that o-r x pipe? i got it sitting right here but i still have to go through emmission and then its on. and sean.... i can make the drive. but not the eat.. so count me out on the eat. sry i didnt say that before i totally forgot. and i got someone to get the clutch in on wednesday or thrusday.. and thats if the clutch gets here by then, hopefully it will cause i ordered it today ( 8-19 ) but cant wait.... thanks alot see ya think ( hopefully:rolleyes: )

should be fun...:burnout:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
for mine

Headers: Stock
Midpipe: UPR O/R X
Catback: spreadsheet correct

however I am changing my catback to the new Amazon one as soon as they are available. I have the 3" MAC on right now, but taking it off this weekend and putting the dynomax back on. The MAC and UPR o/r pipe sound simply amazing and I would stick with it, but I personally don't like the kit design of the MAC and it appears to be causing some vibration. I might even put the factory back on until the amazon one is out. not sure yet.

Thanks a bunch man. Spreadsheet has been updated... :beer:

Glad to hear you're going to make it, Anthony... Why can't you make the eats though? Does that mean you can't make the cruise either?? Just curious....

:thumbsup: :D :beer:

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by 16yrCobraOwner
wutwine.... how u like that o-r x pipe? i got it sitting right here but i still have to go through emmission and then its on. and

I love it. that and the mac catback really have a nice sound. no very loud at all, not raspy or high pitched. almost sounds like my 92 foxbody did.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Spreadsheet is correct except, I gutted the cats. I know, I spent an extra $200 for the Catted X-pipe and then gutted it. Not the smartest move on my part but it was too quiet with the catalist in there. BLK03SVTCOBRA you have to get Spintechs. Herman has them on his car and they are amazing sounding on a SC Cobra. If he doesn't make it to the meet, go by his shop and listen to them on his car. Or go by there before the meet. Either way, you have to hear them.

RAWSN8K

16yrCobraOwner

Established Member
no i can make the drive, jus not the eats, becasue if you look back on page 2 i think. i have my cousins birthday to goto... ( i think i may have said my god daughter.. haha sry shes my cuz.) but ill be in for the drive if ya still want me to go i will....

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by RAWSN8K
Spreadsheet is correct except, I gutted the cats. I know, I spent an extra $200 for the Catted X-pipe and then gutted it. Not the smartest move on my part but it was too quiet with the catalist in there. BLK03SVTCOBRA you have to get Spintechs. Herman has them on his car and they are amazing sounding on a SC Cobra. If he doesn't make it to the meet, go by his shop and listen to them on his car. Or go by there before the meet. Either way, you have to hear them.

RAWSN8K

First of all, I updated the spreadsheet to reflect that you have gutted your cats (ie removed the inners). Second of all, if my car could sound like yours I would be extremely happy. The last time we met, your car's exhaust was quite impressive (as I'm sure mmars and MP3_Stang would agree). I just am not sure what an '03 sounds like with the setup. I didn't know Hermann had Spintechs on his '03... I'll be making a stop by there soon :D But I'm still undecided for my exhaust as of yet...

Also, one other thing RAWSN8K... Remember you were tellin us about the custom painted helmet you had for your last bike?? (before the one you bought without your wife knowing, lol ;-) ) Where did you get it painted and how much was it?? I am thinking about painting my Simpson Bandit for drag/autoX/track completely black with a Chrome looking Cobra, just like the side badges, on either side of the helmet and possibly a Cobra's (the actual snake) hood on the back of the helmet. I found a place around here that does it, but I'm curious who you used... Thanks a bunch man..

Originally posted by 16yrCobraOwner
no i can make the drive, jus not the eats, becasue if you look back on page 2 i think. i have my cousins birthday to goto... ( i think i may have said my god daughter.. haha sry shes my cuz.) but ill be in for the drive if ya still want me to go i will....

Dude, what kind of a question is that?! Of course I want you to still go! I would like it if you could hang out after the drive for just a lil bit, but it's all good. We will do this again.

Thanks for letting me know about updates ladies and gents. I appreciate it! :rockon: :thumbsup: :D :beer:

Last edited:

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
So just for the record, the list stands at 15 (possibly 16 if Hermann can make it) people as follows:

P.S. Totally off topic, but I have ordered a car camera mount that is going to be pretty sweet to record our cruise with. It's called the StickyPod, and it will be attached to the roof of my car (with suction cups) looking backwards at the line of Cobras snaking (pun intended) their way through the roads of the Annapolis area. Going to get some great footage. I will also have my digital camera on hand for some stills. I suggest everybody bring some sort of recording equipment cause this is going to be a TON of fun. :thumbsup: I guess no one's as excited about this as me.

Your inner nerd is showing....:D

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Ok, so I know there's a bunch of you who still haven't checked in here....

Please, feel free...

Who else do I have to add to the list??

TRBO VNM

so is anyone bringing their husband, wife, g-friend, fiance? haven't asked or even mentioned it to mine yet and wanted to find out what others are doing.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
so is anyone bringing their husband, wife, g-friend, fiance? haven't asked or even mentioned it to mine yet and wanted to find out what others are doing.

As I mentioned on the first page of the post, "significant others" are welcomed of course. I am not sure if my g/f is going to be able to make it, but please feel free to bring yours. I know that mmars' wife is coming along, but she has a Cobra :-D.

So yes, please feel free to bring the significant others, but at the same time, please let me know how many people including yourself you are bringing, so I can let Pirate's Cove know how many people.

Thanks a bunch, WUTWINE.

Check back here sometime this week to get the map/directions for the whole day. :beer: :D :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Mantis3024
Im getting a black cobra vert real soon. Count me in if I get it by Sat.

Let me know man. As of right now, I'll put you in as tentative.

And congrats if/when you get it :thumbsup: :D :beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm not sure what I'll be able to show up for, since I have to attend a brunch before I can leave the wedding. I'll have my fiancee with me too. As I mentioned before I'll give you guys a ring(Prasad in particular, so you better show up!) and find out where you are when I get close. Hopefully I won't miss too much.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by FISHTAIL
I'm not sure what I'll be able to show up for, since I have to attend a brunch before I can leave the wedding. I'll have my fiancee with me too. As I mentioned before I'll give you guys a ring(Prasad in particular, so you better show up!) and find out where you are when I get close. Hopefully I won't miss too much.

That's cool. I'll put you down for 2 people (you and your fiancee). I was thinking we'd spend about 1 hour at the parking lot talking and whatnot, but who knows how long we'll actually be there ;-) Anyways, I'll have a list of everyone who is supposed to show with me and I'll try to make sure that I get everyone before we head out. It's all good though. :beer: So, we'll try to wait for ya. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread