2014 GT track key

65sohc

Established Member
Discounted units? Any more info on this? Or can you pick it up without the k&n?

And about the k&n...I thought the conclusion was they were worth 0 power a couple of years ago, right? So is Ford saying we should use the k&n filter in order for the tune to be, for lack of better words, optimum as far as tuning? If you didn't run it...could THAT be a warranty issue?

I know, a lot of questions but I'm just thinking it out as I type.

Any non-oem filter element in the stock airbox is worth zero. Ford includes it to justify more $$.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
I ordered mine today through Auto Nation. Nice guys and I was impressed with their customer service. Paid $380 for the Track Cal and filter, they should arrive in the next day or 2.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Any non-oem filter element in the stock airbox is worth zero. Ford includes it to justify more $$.

May not add any horsepower versus the stock filter when the stock filter is clean, however K&N has proven to flow better when dirty versus a stock paper element. The last thing FRPP wants is air flow/check engine light concerns because of a dirty stock air filter, in combination with a more aggressive tune. ...Food for thought. ;) It's not all about horsepower, sometimes it's about consistency and longevity. The K&N is basically a bonus/freebie so I don't see any justification for more $$ or a swindle, but who knows. I'm cool with it and will run it though.

Speedwagon

Established Member
what do you guys think of this? probably good for you guys that are worried about warranty. i think its pretty cool..im just a little sad that 2013 was left out :'(

2014 MUSTANG GT TRACK KEY

Ok.. So leme ask a dumb question.. I have a 2014 GT 5.0 Premium and I bought it with the track package. Does this mean that I should have gotten a "track key" with the car when I purchased it?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Has anyone had this installed yet?

My local dealer told me they just flashed a GT with the key and it is throwing a check engine light for the converters when loopy idle is enabled.

They said it sounds a lot more aggressive then the boss 302 with the red key.And they are currently on the phone with FR.

Last edited:

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Has anyone had this installed yet?

My local dealer told me they just flashed a GT with the key and it is throwing a check engine light for the converters when loopy idle is enabled.

They said it sounds a lot more aggressive then the boss 302 with the red key.And they are currently on the phone with FR.
Yes, on another Mustang forum. There's a youtube vid of 2014 GT with track key. It's just lope idle so far but he says he'll give more feedback after driving a few days. Looks like after market mufflers? Not like my stock '14 anyway.

Last edited:

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Pm sent.

He JUST had it installed so he hasn't mentioned a problem or any feedback other than the video on youtube.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Just called ford racing.

The tech told me they have been installing them all week and they are aware of this issue. He told me on Some vehicles not all.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Just called ford racing.

The tech told me they have been installing them all week and they are aware of this issue. He told me on Some vehicles not all.
Well...I don't like that. If you hear anything else, please share here. Thanks

Oh, and this is on the 2014.5 GT's with track key or the earlier procal tunes?

Last edited:

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Received the Track Cal with voucher and K&N filter next day air from Auto Nation, registered myself and the car with Ford Racing this afternoon. Called Ford Racing to verify all is well and they are overnighting my Pro Cal tuner so I should have it tomorrow assuming they got it out the door in time. Now I just need to set my appointment with the dealer to have it installed. ~Also in the picture is a track key that they also shipped in the same bundle for a friend's 2013. He did the cluster swap on his.

image_zpsc19adbe4.jpg

AFGuy0127

Established Member
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the track cal can be loaded on the 2014 cars built after the July cutoff? Mine has a build date of September 2013, so I can get the key. I just don't know if I have the option of going with the cal instead, in case it's something I wanted all the time.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Anyone else not receive their voucher card. I didnt with mine so i called up ford racing and they gave me one over the phone. I hope i don't have any problems saturday when i get mine done. I know ford racing is closed on the weekends.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Awesome. I'm looking forward to more feedback from other owners besides that one guy so far.

solscooter

Established Member
Anyone else not receive their voucher card. I didnt with mine so i called up ford racing and they gave me one over the phone. I hope i don't have any problems saturday when i get mine done. I know ford racing is closed on the weekends.

yes this happened to me as well. got it over the phone like you.

tired to get into a dealer today for install and they looked at me like i was crazy when i had a GT and not a BOSS. time to find a new dealer.

RUN4CVR

Established Member
Mine should be here Monday:D I was able to order it through the dealer where I bought the car (not a Ford Racing dealer)
They were able to buy it from Ford Racing and still have no affect on the warranty.
This video from youtube of the lopey idle sounds better than any of the Boss 302's I seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bTzK_yFVR8

Also have all the ones that have been received come with the filter?
Thanks
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread