2014 GT track key

JpL4K3

Established Member
This is interesting... What is different about the 6MT 14's built after July to make Ford release the track key for it, but not for any other GT before them?

Last edited:

swedensky

Established Member
This is interesting... What is different about the 6MT 14's built after July to make Ford release the track key for it, but not for any other GT before them?

Ford tweaked a lot in the ecu. We sold a 14 base a few weeks ago and the customer requested factory Sirius to be added. The parts didn't work so we called ford and they said the 13-14 radios and ecus were changed mid 14 production and that there was no kit for the newer 14s yet.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Bummer. My car says 6/20/13 build date on the sticker. I have to check the door to see what month/year is listed but Im sure its 6/13. Oh well. AED tune anyway, and I will just use my normal key for it......lol

D.T.R

Established Member
It's cool for those not wanting an aftermarket tune though...
other than that, you'll be better off and should see more gains from an aftermarket tune.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Link says access denied on gov computers. Can someone give me cliff notes? Is it an official Ford product?

Zevox

Established Member
Oh great! I bought a 2014 instead of a 2013 so I had the latest and greatest of the body style and then Ford goes and changes something 3 months after I get mine. If anyone says my car is a 2013 I won't be correcting them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread