2014 GT track key

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Just a question, those of you who have a trackey, FRPP is sending you all TrackCals for updating your tune as new things roll out?

Yep, I got one in the mail within a few days of having my key installed.

raceme2

Established Member
I have 3,800 miles on the car with 3,600 of them with the track key. I got the box with the procal and sim card. The next day I had a Check engine light. The new tune took care of the light. Havent had the chance to put many miles on it since. No noticeable difference in power, and still has the great cam lope.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Updated Track Cal installed and no more issues.

Here's a little video of my car with the Track Cal installed. ..Just playin around in a nearby canyon. ;)

(TURN UP YOUR SOUND!)

th_TrackCalCanyon1_zps5723ad03.jpg

http://vid69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/bwkelley76/TrackCalCanyon1_zps5723ad03.mp4

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid69.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi55%2Fbwkelley76%2FTrackCalCanyon1_zps5723ad03.mp4&title=">

RUN4CVR

Established Member
just a follow up on mine. I wasn't having any issues or CEL but I decided to just check to see if there were any codes and I had both of the cat codes
cleared them and went ahead with the update no problems

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Update on my car, all is well, love the Track Cal and will never go back to stock. Occasional detonation under the right throttle "roll-in" conditions but not enough to make me want to activate the octane adjust feature just yet. I have noticed also the occasional "re-set" of the lopey idle back to the smooth idle for another 2 minutes if I'm "lugging" the car in a parking lot too much. Probably a default in the program or a "my-fault" for lugging the engine too much.

~Good Job FRPP! Loving the "New Normal"

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I do love mine, I found out what made mine quiet, that between the remapping of the drive by wire, plus just starting after already warm and rolling just by letting the clutch out on a flat surface instead of getting on the gas without track key idle ready, it's going to be quieter with no load.
With my bassani catback and x pipe I love engine breaking, cause it pops and snorts and sounds like a track car and turns more heads than the idle.
It was funny at cars and coffee I engine braked before turning into the lot and all the scca guys came up to check her out before any of the drag racers lol.
It is a lovely little device!

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
I got tired of the pinging and activated the octane adjust feature. (In CA we only have 91) The car no longer pings and it runs a bit snappier, runs better all-around. I'm sure this has everything to do with detonation causing the knock-sensors to remove timing. I'm not going to lie I thought the feature would have made it slower but it feels like it did just the opposite. ...I'm curious if anyone else can chime in on similar results??

Last edited:

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Better video than the last.

~SOUND IS VERY QUIET, TURN UP YOUR VOLUME AND THE VOLUME ON THE VIDEO ITSELF. Sounds best if you have an updated sound system on your computer.

CLICK ON LINK/IMAGE BELOW AND ENJOY!

th_IMG_2333_zpsb593a33a.jpg

I held the gears longer so you can hear the difference in the engine braking on decel with the Track Cal Tune. You can also hear a hint of the lopey idle before I take off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread